607 wrong using ONLY the bible (and some common sense)

by Witness My Fury 492 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@thetrueone:

How is it that the WTS. calculated 6000 years from Adam's existence up to October 1975, when that is impossible by using bible chronology or archaeological means. ?

It has been evident to me for some time that you're illiterate about such things, but this doesn't mean that you cannot learn how Bible chronology (not archaeology, since the only events that are important to Jehovah's Witnesses, not to the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, which is only the corporate publishing arm of Jehovah's Witnesses -- a distinction that is totally meaningless to the ignorant -- is 537 BC, the date when Cyrus deposed Babylon, and 70 AD, the year when Herod's temple was destroyed by the Romans, which are historically relevant to Jehovah's Witnesses) provides the basis for determining the number of years since Adam that mankind have been walking upon the earth until now. By just using the secular year of 537 BC, which corresponds to 3255 AM on the Hebrew calendar, and the Bible, I can lay out the years when every major event (and some not-so-major events) occurred in the Bible, but let me just focus here on the year 1975 that you mentioned:

Assume for a moment that there are valid reasons why Jehovah's Witnesses conclude that Adam's creation occurred in the year 4026 BC. On the Hebrew calendar, our year of 2011 corresponds to 5771 AM, which means that the Jews opine that the creation of the world began 5,770 years ago, so this means that they don't believe the world of mankind has been around as long as 6,000 years. The Jews have a 265 year problem that they cannot reconcile in the way they reckon Bible chronology, but I'm not going to bore you with the reasons that they are much mistaken in their view, and we'll instead take a different tact.

We can calculate that the difference between Adam's creation in the year 4026 BC and 1 BC is 4,025 years. Add to this 4,025, the year 1 BC to 1 AD, so now we have a subtotal of 4,026 years. Lastly, the difference between the number of years between 1 AD and 1975 AD is 1,974 years, and so adding 1,974 years to our subtotal of 4,026 years is what gives us a total of 6,000 years. (4,025 + 1 + 1974 = 6,000).

Your raising this issue in this thread indicates to me that you think this to be as good of an opportunity as any to bash Jehovah's Witnesses for what we believe as to the significance of the year 1975. We do not know when the sixth creative day ended, for we do not know how long it was after Adam's creation that Adam's wife, Eve, was created, but what we did know is that by October of 1975, humans had been living for 6,000 years. You're off topic. I don't expect that you will understand what I have said in this message without help from someone. I hope that you will find someone that is willing to help you understand what it is I've written to you here in this paragraph and in the paragraph before this one.

@djeggnog wrote:

Again, I don't know a thing about any "70-year Return Theory" -- You coined this phrase for use in the arguments you posit, but I'm a total stranger to this concept that you yourself invented, and no there is no scripture that you could mention to me that would make anything "abundantly clear" other than the fact that you do not know the Scriptures at all....

Your comment suggests that you recall my saying something in a previous post about having read your refutation of someone else's article, but I repost it here for your convenience since you didn't seem to understand that what I am saying to you is that this concept of yours about a "70-year Return Theory" is utter nonsense and is rejected by me as such, ok? You want to call me a liar? Go ahead; my skin in thick enough to take what I dish out. In fact, let me concede this point to you now so that you feel even better about yourself than you do already. But, again, I don't know a thing about any "70-year Return Theory." As you have explained it to me, this idea of yours sounds rather stupid to me; "70-year Return Theory" idea of yours is certainly not a scriptural concept.

Jonathan Dough wrote:

Without realizing it you have conceded the truth of my position with respect to your 70-year Return Theory....

I feel I must remind you that I do not have any "70-year Return Theory" position; that would be you. The concept of such is strange to me and I don't recognize your "70-year Return Theory."

And this invention of yours states.....

Ok.

@djeggnog wrote:

BTW, I didn't say this in my previous message, but Moses died in 1473 BC, which means that when Jeremiah wrote what he did -- I believe he was at least 18 when he became a prophet of God, if not younger -- that he had to have been a prophet from about 647 BC until 580 BC since this is the year when the book bearing his name was completed. This means that when he began to prophesy, Moses had been dead 826 years, so this nonsense about Leviticus that you were going on about in your previous post makes no sense at all, unless you're suggesting that Jeremiah was a prophet for Moses, too.

You're confused.

I am? Ok.

The original prophecy was handed down by Moses and extrapolated on by Jeremiah.

You are making a connection here that is not mutually exclusive. But this is your right, isn't it?

There is nothing in Scripture which prohibits Jeremiah from passing on or discussing or contemplating Moses' prophecy at Leviticus 26:32-35, just like Daniel at 9:2 spoke of Jeremiah's prophecy at 25:11. This isn't one of your better arguments, and an [apostasy] according to your elders.

What apostasy from my elders do you mean? I can only become an apostate as far as Jehovah is concerned. No Christian serves any man or he or she ought not to be kowtowing to mere men, for they servants of God and followers of Christ Jesus. Let me worry about whether something that I might be doing is an apostasy, for I certainly do not need someone that has embarked upon an apostate course himself to tell me of what he thinks me to be guilty.

@Jonathan Dough wrote:

I ask because, again, it disproves the JWs' false teaching, and yours, that the 70 years ended when the Jews arrived back in Judah, in October of 537.

@djeggnog wrote:

Ok.

@Jonathan Dough wrote:

I understand why you persist on distancing yourself from the Society, because it protects the Society from your flawed and false teachings. This way, they can disavow you and it protects you as well. Furthermore, it diverts the reader here from [examining] the false teachings they [propagate].

@djeggnog wrote:

I don't distance myself from the Society; I agree 100% with what things the Society teaches. You might think of me as being the Society, if you wish, but I do not disavow my association with the Society at all any more than I disavow my associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. You are one of the readers of my posts, and are you telling me that you are being 'diverted' in some way? I don't think so.

@Jonathan Dough wrote:

Once again you concede my point....

Ok.

@djeggnog wrote:

If you know how to read the Bible, then it should be clear to you and without your being one of Jehovah's Witnesses that is was during the month of October (Tishri) before the festival of ingathering [after] Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Solomon's temple in Jerusalem, your patronizing remark -- "just as they taught you" -- aside. And, btw, contrary to what you evidently believe, the 70 years are not a period of servitude. These 70 years represent the prescribed period of time that God had ordained the land of Judah would lie desolate "until the land had paid off its sabbaths." (2 Chronicles 36:21)

@Jonathan Dough wrote:

This is a false teaching....

Ok. BTW, you keep pasting into this thread what it is you wrote in the piece you wrote in response to something that I didn't write, but which someone else wrote, with whose comments I have not and do not associate myself. I've told about you the last time to did this, so why do you keeping this? What is it that makes you think that I should answer on behalf of something said by someone else? I'm going to have to soon withdraw from this thread, because what you keep doing here in this thread has gotten really stupid.

@djeggnog wrote:

Ezra 3:1 indicates that the Jews were in their cities when "the seventh month arrived," and this "seventh month" was Tishri, the same month in which Jerusalem and Solomon's temple was destroyed -- Tishri -- in which the land of Judah began suffered desolation with no inhabitant living in any of the cities of Judah, which was two months following Gedaliah's assassination during the "fifth month" -- Ab. (2 Kings 25:8)

@AnnOMaly wrote:

Oh 'Spirit-directed, Genius With Unsurpassed Reading Comprehension And Knowledge Of The Bible,' you STILL have it the wrong way round! LOL!

You're right; as usual you accuse instead of excuse. That the paragraph you quoted of mine escaped proofreading, but I didn't realize until after my post that what I posted was inaccurate. I'm glad you caught my typos, but it's also clear that you knew what I had intended to say since, as it happens, that post appears on Page 12 of a very lengthy thread.

Jerusalem and its temple were destroyed in the 5th month.

Yes, in the month of Ab, "on the tenth day of the month," in 607 BC. (Jeremiah 52:12)

Gedaliah was assassinated in the 7th month.

Yes, I agree. What I should have written (but didn't) is as follows:

Ezra 3:1 indicates that the Jews were in their cities when "the seventh month arrived," and this "seventh month" was Tishri, the same month in which the land of Judah began suffered desolation with no inhabitant living in any of the cities of Judah, which was two months following Gedaliah's assassination when Jerusalem and Solomon's temple was destroyed during the "fifth month" -- Ab. (2 Kings 25:8)

@djeggnog

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

537?? I assume you mean 539, but you repeated it ......

537 BC, the date when Cyrus deposed Babylon

You still dont answer any questions Eggy, you appear to start to then just trail off like you run out of ideas or enthusiasm or else lose your train of thought.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Humans have been on this planet for 6000 years..........

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

You're right; as usual you accuse instead of excuse.

Hey, I'd be more willing to excuse you if you weren't such a pompous ass, with an over-inflated view of yourself who berates anyone who challenges you, as well as your fellow JWs. Besides, it isn't the first time this chronological error has escaped your 'proof-reading' and you've been corrected on it.

Anyway, so long as we all have the right months now - that's the important thing, huh?

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@thetrueone wrote:

How is it that the WTS. calculated 6000 years from Adam's existence up to October 1975, when that is impossible by using bible chronology or archaeological means. ?

@djeggnog wrote:

It has been evident to me for some time that you're illiterate about such things, but this doesn't mean that you cannot learn how Bible chronology (not archaeology, since the only events that are important to Jehovah's Witnesses, not to the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, which is only the corporate publishing arm of Jehovah's Witnesses -- a distinction that is totally meaningless to the ignorant -- is [539 BC], the date when Cyrus deposed Babylon, and 70 AD, the year when Herod's temple was destroyed by the Romans, which are historically relevant to Jehovah's Witnesses) provides the basis for determining the number of years since Adam that mankind have been walking upon the earth until now. By just using the secular year of [539 BC], which corresponds to [AM 3253] on the Hebrew calendar, and the Bible, I can lay out the years when every major event (and some not-so-major events) occurred in the Bible, but let me just focus here on the year 1975 that you mentioned:

Assume for a moment that there are valid reasons why Jehovah's Witnesses conclude that Adam's creation occurred in the year 4026 BC. On the Hebrew calendar, our year of 2011 corresponds to [AM 5771], which means that the Jews opine that the creation of the world began 5,770 years ago, so this means that they don't believe the world of mankind has been around as long as 6,000 years. The Jews have a 265 year problem that they cannot reconcile in the way they reckon Bible chronology, but I'm not going to bore you with the reasons that they are much mistaken in their view, and we'll instead take a different tact.

We can calculate that the difference between Adam's creation in the year 4026 BC and 1 BC is 4,025 years. Add to this 4,025, the year 1 BC to 1 AD, so now we have a subtotal of 4,026 years. Lastly, the difference between the number of years between 1 AD and 1975 AD is 1,974 years, and so adding 1,974 years to our subtotal of 4,026 years is what gives us a total of 6,000 years. (4,025 + 1 + 1974 = 6,000).

Your raising this issue in this thread indicates to me that you think this to be as good of an opportunity as any to bash Jehovah's Witnesses for what we believe as to the significance of the year 1975. We do not know when the sixth creative day ended, for we do not know how long it was after Adam's creation that Adam's wife, Eve, was created, but what we did know is that by October of 1975, humans had been living for 6,000 years. You're off topic. I don't expect that you will understand what I have said in this message without help from someone. I hope that you will find someone that is willing to help you understand what it is I've written to you here in this paragraph and in the paragraph before this one.

@Witness My Fury wrote:

537?? I assume you mean 539, but you repeated it ......

You're right; another typo; I made several typos in that post actually. I didn't take the time to proofread what I dictated and posted. You may chalk the changes I made in red above in changing 537 BC to 539 BC and AM 3255 to AM 3253 as being just more of the same from me. You knew what it was I had meant to say and you assumed correctly, and you informed me of this sans the ridicule and vitriol I get from @AnnOMaly. Thanks, @WMF!

You still dont answer any questions Eggy, you appear to start to then just trail off like you run out of ideas or enthusiasm or else lose your train of thought.

I have run out ideas, but my enthusiasm has not waned a bit. I am always happy to provide clarifications about things that need or require clarification, especially when I typo, but I feel no obligation to respond to questions for which my faith in God and in his word provides more than adequate answers for me. The Bible was written to inspire faith in God and his promises, but those lacking faith, those that have made undermining Jeremiah's prophecy specifically and God's word generally because there has yet been found the kind of evidence that they believe would inspire them to have confidence in God's word their mission in life, will continue to harp upon things in the Bible for which there as yet exists no historical proof. Faith speaks in this way, @WMF: If God willed that the land of Judah would lie desolate "until the land had paid off its sabbaths ... to fulfill seventy years" (2 Chronicles 36:21), then this is what occurred.

For those with faith in God, the same is being demonstrated everyday unconsciously by those lacking faith in God, by the one that thinks he or she doesn't feel any need to keep any of God's 'commandments, judicial decisions or statutes' (Deuteronomy 8:11), such as the one that retires for the evening after the setting of the sun in order to take one's rest so that he or she might rise rejuvenated at sunrise, he or she goes to bed with plans to go hiking or fishing or maybe driving up the coast from Los Angeles, California, to picturesque Monterey, California, knowing that tomorrow the sun is going to rise. (Matthew 5:45; Genesis 1:16-18; Leviticus 22:7)

So while these very ones that are unknowingly putting faith in God's statutes that govern day and night, they are not being saved, for, as the apostle Paul put it, "the 'word' of faith," which I preach daily as a command, as a judicial decision, as a statute of God's, is what "makes public declaration for salvation." (Romans 10:8-10)

@AnnOMaly wrote:

Oh 'Spirit-directed, Genius With Unsurpassed Reading Comprehension And Knowledge Of The Bible,' you STILL have it the wrong way round! LOL!

@djeggnog wrote:

You're right; as usual you accuse instead of excuse. That the paragraph you quoted of mine escaped proofreading, but I didn't realize until after my post that what I posted was inaccurate. I'm glad you caught my typos, but it's also clear that you knew what I had intended to say since, as it happens, that post appears on Page 12 of a very lengthy thread.

@AnnOMaly wrote:

Hey, I'd be more willing to excuse you if you weren't such a pompous ass, with an over-inflated view of yourself who berates anyone who challenges you, as well as your fellow JWs. Besides, it isn't the first time this chronological error has escaped your 'proof-reading' and you've been corrected on it.

And this instance probably won't be my last typo. Read @WMF's post to me regarding my typo where I reference 537 BC instead of 539 BC.

Anyway, so long as we all have the right months now - that's the important thing, huh?

No, the important thing, it seems to me, is that you find something about which you can criticize me, for at every juncture you could in this thread that is what you seem to me to be quite expert at doing. IMO, this is petty, and that you would derive pleasure in taking shots at me and at ridiculing me makes you petty. I didn't proofread what I wrote so that I ascribed an event that had occurred in Tishri to what had actually occurred in Ab, but you knew this, @AnnOMaly. I'm trying to have a discussion here, but you seem to be more interested in winning votes from folks like @OUTLAW and @cantleave whose preoccupation in this thread has been to lob insults at Jehovah's Witnesses and at the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses instead of just starting a different thread.

I will always respond to anyone's posts if I think my response will be of help to those lurking whatever the thread is to which I am posting; I may read other threads, but I will not respond to them if no beneficial purpose will be served by my doing so. Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I know that I'm an object of hatred, so I'm not chaffing over what you do, @AnnOMaly, but what I am telling you here is why it is I do not normally respond to most of your messages, so take this FWIW.

@djeggnog

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    important to Jehovah's Witnesses, not to the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, which is only the corporate publishing arm of Jehovah's Witnesses -- a distinction that is totally meaningless to the ignorant

Anybody who has been a Witness for more than 15 years knows that the TheWatch Tower Bible & TractSocietywas a term used synonymously with "The Organization" "The Faitful Slave" and was the term used to refer to those who were in charge, the suppliers of spiritual food, the ones that had the special insight and were not to be questioned, the ones who were God's representatives on earth, the name that used to be rubber stamped on correspondence to congregations.

For one to deny this fact, the person would have to be ignorant.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The reason you do not reply to most of my (and some other posters') messages, eggie, is because I/we challenge your claims and assertions, asking awkward questions about them, pressing you to provide evidence. You know that you haven't a leg to stand on, so when berating, deflection and obfuscation don't work, you like to ignore.

When somebody points out a mistake, I know it's hard (pride and all that - especially for one who has set himself on so high a pedestal), but the most mature response is to say, 'my apologies' or 'my bad' and have done with it instead of trying to attack the person who brought the mistake to your attention. And wouldn't you say that the important thing IS accuracy when trying to establish the truth of a matter?

And enough of the persecution complex already, huh? I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't hate you (or JWs). I find your conceit and refusal to engage with the issues irritating, but hate? Nah.

• cantleave
    cantleave

How can you find evidence for a lie? DJidiotnog is spouting BS and will never find evidence except from his devious, lying masters at the WTS.

• OBVES
    OBVES

OBVES I find this calculation works MUCH better:

666SLd-16jzkjabdfkj~*PQ=F(APAD'A-38UPO8FHSDFHLej9er58jS)/(;Mc+2) [ASshfpq8&££q!] +

--/ It looks you are very veri furious, truly furious !

You have no slightest idea what I am presenting here .

The date 607 BC is a code giveby God Yahweh to the true christains who studied the Bible earnestly and try to establish chronology .

They came up withn the date 607 BC and it is established as such .And we must stick to that date .

You don't understand that the date 607 BC can be found by the use of the most important date in our times before Jesus comes back and it was the year 1984 AD .By using that year as the beginning point the biblical chronology can be trace.

I don't need anyone' historical proofs I can use the year 1984 AD when the most important understanding of 70 and 7 weeks of Danile as projected into far future occured.

70 weeks as 7 times + 70 years and 7 weeks as 7 times 7 years .

1984 AD - 7 times as 2520 years - 70 years = 607 BC.

1984 AD - 7 times as 2520 years = 537 BC and 1984 AD + 7 years = 1991 AD.

• OBVES
    OBVES

You cannot build the chronology unless you are a true servant of God Yahweh .It is they to whom God reveals His secrets.

The dates 607 BC and 537 BC like other dates : 4027 BC,4010 BC ,2492 BC,2372 BC,1517 BC,1513 BC,1512 BC,1467 BC,1037 BC,1034 BC,1027 BC,587 BC,517 BC are irrefutable.

Exactly 3500 years from 1517 BC,1513 BC lands us on 1984 AD - 1988 AD .

From 587 BC 70 weeks as 7 times 2520 years + 2520 days + 70 years = 2011 AD.

517 BC + 7 weeks as 2520 years ( + 2520 days ) + 7 years = 2011 AD - 2018 AD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit