607 wrong using ONLY the bible (and some common sense)

by Witness My Fury 492 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garyneal
    garyneal
    You are not fighting with me ,you are fighting with God Yahweh ,with His perfect endtime arrangement .

Gary Neal is LOL.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

djeggnog: If anyone wishes to discuss this topic with me honestly, if anyone is able to have a honest discussion with me, I'm willing to do that ...

Empty words, eggie. You have had ample opportunity to discuss this topic honestly on this thread and you have consistently failed to do so, avoiding answering several legitimate questions and at times even resorting to making outrageously fraudulent claims.

Now another reminder. You have asserted there is archaeological evidence for a reign longer than 17 years for Belshazzar. We're still waiting for you to provide it.

Regarding your alternative dates for Nabonidus' and Belshazzar's rules, we have repeatedly asked you on almost every page of this thread to provide sources for these. We are still waiting for you to do so.

Of course, you know you are unable to address these, hence your constant bloviating and obfuscation.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There many aspects to this discussion and conclusion as to when was Jerusalem finally destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar.

One thing that gets throw into the mix as a confusing element is the noted sieges prior to the finally destruction.

The only formula the JWS use is the overthrow of Babylon and the release of the Judean captives. ( 539/538 )

which in itself is off for if you add 70 years to 539/538 you end up with 609/608.

Eggnog ascertains that Nebuchadnezzar was king in 624/625 which is quite a false statement based on not only the bible's

coexisting chronology with the kings of Israel and the kings of Babylon but as well with archaeological evidence found in the ancient ruins

of Babylon itself. The WTS. says we stand by the bible's own information and the bible alone, unfortunately the bible itself trips up the

finally destruction of ancient Jerusalem of 607BCE. if you read thoroughly all of the information that it contains,

placing significance with the reins/accessions of the kings of Jerusalem with the kings of Babylon.

• beenthere26yr
    beenthere26yr

Took me awhile to find it but here it is.

1 Cor 1:

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Babylonian Chronicles give 2 Adar (16 March), 597 BC, as the date that Nebuchadnezzar captured Jerusalem, thus putting an end to the reign of Jehoaichin . [3] Zedekiah's installation as king by Nebuchadnezzar can therefore be firmly dated to the early spring of 597 BC. Historically there has been considerable controversy over the date when Jerusalem was captured the second time and Zedekiah's reign came to an end. There is no dispute about the month: it was the summer month of Tammuz (Jeremiah 52:6). The problem has been to determine the year. It was noted above that Albright preferred 587 BC and Thiele advocated 586 BC, and this division among scholars has persisted until the present time. If Zedekiah's years are by accession counting, whereby the year he came to the throne was considered his "zero" year and his first full year in office, 597/596, was counted as year one, Zedekiah's eleventh year, the year the city fell, would be 587/586. Since Judean regnal years were measured from Tishri in the fall, this would place the end of his reign and the capture of the city in the summer of 586 BC. Accession counting was the rule for most, but not all, of the kings of Judah, whereas "non-accession" counting was the rule for most, but not all, of the kings of Israel. [2] [4]

The publication of the Babylonian Chronicles in 1956, however, gave evidence that the years of Zedekiah were measured in a non-accession sense. This reckoning makes year 598/597 BC, the year Zedekiah was installed by Nebuchadnezzar according to Judah's Tishri-based calendar, to be year "one," so that the fall of Jerusalem in his eleventh year would have been in year 588/587 BC, i.e. in the summer of 587 BC. The Bablyonian Chronicles allow the fairly precise dating of the capture of Jehoiachin and the start of Zedekiah's reign, and they also give the accession year of Nebuchadnezzar's successor Amel-Marduk (Evil Merodach) as 562/561 BC, which was the 37th year of Jehoiachin's captivity according to 2 Kings 25:27. These Babylonian records related to Jehoiachin's reign are consistent with the fall of the city in 587 but not in 586, as explained in the Jehoiachin/Jeconiah article, thus vindicating Albright's date. Nevertheless, scholars who assume that Zedekiah's reign should be calculated by accession reckoning will continue to adhere to the 586 date, and so the infobox contains this as an alternative.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I know you said that, but what you didn't do was prove that your argument is rock solid; it isn't......DjEggNogg

Farkel Kicked your Ass..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A question to Beenthere26yr. -

And does that mean that those who follow profiteering $ false prophets, God will save and welcome them into his Kingdom

or will God justifiably destroy these profiteering $ false prophets as being duly judged as such ?

• beenthere26yr
    beenthere26yr

So I will post it again.

1 Cor 1:

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” [ c ]

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”

And when you believe you are wise enough or intelligent enough to answer even your own questions, humble yourself and read this scripture again.

The debates here, however amusing, and some really are amusing always take me to:

2 Tim 2:

14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What does the bible say as to false prophets ?

What does the bible say about men who say things not spoken by him.

Keep on testing the spirit for there many false prophets who say they have come in my name but I never sent them.

Is it not wise then to discern who is false prophesying and who isn't ? , particular ones who are selling pieces of literature or ones who have a radio

show like Harold Camping and his ridiculous End Of the World prophecy, which was suppose to happen yesterday.

Do you follow the words of the bible Beenthere26yr or are you a individual driven by your own self anointed spirit, indifferent to the teachings

of Jesus Christ ?

• beenthere26yr
    beenthere26yr

I proclaim nothing except that Jesus is the son of God and that he was sent to save us by being the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. That he was crucified, dead and buried. He was resurected and sits with our father to judge us. Jesus will judge me and whatever the outcome of his judgement I accept.

Who are you trueone? The wise one? A teacher of the law? The philosopher of this age?

Enough said. I'm going to read 2nd Timothy 2:14 again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit