607 wrong using ONLY the bible (and some common sense)

by Witness My Fury 492 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

In the spring or early summer of 609 BC, Necho II went to war against Babylon, in aid of the Assyrians. He moved his forces along the coast route Via Maris into Syria, the low tracts of Philistia and Sharon and prepared to cross the ridge of hills which shuts in on the south the Jezreel Valley. There he found his passage blocked at Megiddo by the Judean army led by Josiah, who sided with the Babylonians. After a fierce battle Josiah was killed. ( 2 Kings 23:29 ; 2 Chronicles 35:20-24 ) The Assyrians and their allies the Egyptians fought the Babylonians at Harran. The Babylonian Chronicle dates the battle from Tammuz (July–August) to Elul (August–September) of 609 BC. Josiah was therefore killed in the month of Tammuz, 609 BC, 609 BC or the month prior, when the Egyptians were on their way to Harran. [ 3 ] Chronological considerations related to his successor limit the month in which Josiah was killed and Jehoahaz took the throne to Tammuz. He was deposed three months later, in the month Tishri (2 Kings 23:31).

Necho proceeded with his campaign against the Babylonians, joining forces with the Assyrian Ashur-uballit II and together they crossed the Euphrates and laid siege to Harran, which they failed to capture, and retreated back to northern Syria, and the Assyrian Empire collapsed.

On his return march from the Babylonian campaign, Necho dealt with the Judeans who had fought for the wrong side. He found that the Judeans had selected Jehoahaz to succeed his father Josiah. Necho deposed Jehoahaz and appointed his older brother Eliakim as king, who took the throne name Jehoiakim. He also imposed a tribute of 100 talents of silver and unknown amount of gold upon Judah. He brought Jehoahaz back to Egypt as his prisoner, where Jehoahaz ended his days. [ 4 ] ( 2 Kings 23:31 ; 2 Chronicles 36:1-4 )

Jehoiakim was installed as king of Judah by pharaoh Necho II in 608 BC, who deposed his younger brother Jehoahaz after a reign of only three months and took him to Egypt, where he died. [ 2 ] Jehoiakim ruled originally as a vassal of the Egyptians, paying a heavy tribute. To raise the money he "taxed the land and exacted the silver and gold from the people of the land according to their assessments." [ 7 ]

However, when the Egyptians were defeated by the Babylonians at Carchemish in 605 BC, Jehoiakim changed allegiances, paying tribute to Nebuchadrezzar II of Babylon.

This means Daniel went in 605 BC to babylon when Jehoiakim pay his tribute to babylon for the first time! Nebu was not even installed as King at that point. Like Belthassar was named king in 539 BC beacuse his father was not able to rule so did nebu did beacuse his father stayed in Babylon. Later that year in 605BC his father died and Nebu. was installed as king.

If daniel had a 3 year study from the beginning of his captivity he would finished in the 2nd year of Nebu. Daniel 2 fits in this.

So Djeggnogg what is your problem?

History, bible and astronomical events proof the above points.

Where is your proof?

Show us please your sources otherwise you will be a big Joke if you are not already for some arround here.

Answer our questions please if we have some if you think you know best.

S

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

These 607 vs 587 threads always start and end the same way.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Assyria fell in 609, Nabopolassar was then King of Babylon.

Jeremiah 25 :11 "these Nations will have to serve the King of Babylon 70 years."

609-539=70 years.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

dejjnog said"what diffrence does it make when Assyria fell?"

the answer is, when Assyria fell, Babylon had World Power.

If you go by the scriptures, where in the Bible does it say

Jerusalem was deposed in the 18th year of Neb.?

No one can carefully examine the scriptures to see

if what you are saying is true, if you don't provide a scripture.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

dejjnog ask, where I got the idea that Daniel was an exile in Babylon

during the 2nd year of King Neb.? I got it from the Bible at Daniel 2 :verses 1, 14, 15, and 16.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Dutch Scientist stated

Show us please your sources otherwise you will be a big Joke if you are not already for some arround here

Don't you know DJidoitnog is a genius?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My head hurts after reading this thread.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

palmtree67, hope your head feels better.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

http://i1.ytimg.com/i/hpFjPH-3fuEOW-HQAfYD-w/1.jpg?v=67baa2

DjEggNogg

You really should not want to be like some of those here on JWN that are "puffed up with pride,.....DjEggNogg

there reason I never lose a debate is because I'm never on the wrong side of one.....DjEggNogg

No, I'm an educated person, highly educated. A Bible scholar; also a genius.....DjEggNogg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Some Bible scholar, Can't even give a scripture from the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit