Counselled on chatting to a study!

by Penn9 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

I agree Pirata - I think Penn should rethink where he wants to take this relationship and make arrangements to move on and out so as to lead a normal life with a normal lover... JW women/men make a BAD choice for someone who has doubts about the org...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I'd like to post regularly but i'm already paranoid that someone will know I come here. Sorry, i AM still a JW, hence scared shitless and stupid. ;)

You sound like most of us at one point. It takes a while for newly minted apostates to find our sea legs. Most of us go through a period of asking what to do with ourselves once we find out its a big fat lie.

In time, your disgust with the meetings, the magazines, and the worship of the GB will drive you out one way or the other. Some plan and execute a fade, others get caught in their "apostacy" in some way or another. Either way, getting out is the goal you want to focus on, no matter what it takes. Good luck with the girl!

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

Well said sinis!!! I remember being called into the back room. I thought I was going to be commended because at the time I was being such a good JW. Nope, was told I had stumbled somebody (story for another thread). They catch you off guard and you're so stunned by the stupidity of it you don't know what to say or how to respond. I love his idea. They probably won't expect you to stand up to them. They won't like it but you are well within your rights.

Be a man, and act accordingly or they will forever shit on you... Again sinis, well said!!!

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

If she's attracted to the "high-morals" of the JW's I'd be leery. Sounds like she's coming from a low-moral past....maybe she was exposed to some stuff that really shocked her and scarred her for life and this squeaky-clean band-of-salesmen/women is appealing to her? Even if she's hot as Selma Hayek, be careful. Even if you can play Indiana Jones to her Marion and rescue her from the clutches of the evil JWs, you may be stuck with someone with a deep emotionally troubled past. Is it worth the battle? Only you can decide.

I mean this with all sincerity. The girl is probably great stuff. I will say this: People will do what they want to do. Either she will be gung-ho about the cult, or isn't really honest with herself about why she needs to find religion and will soon falter after joining. Either way, how she deals with her own sincerity about something she loves/believes/cherishes will be the same way how she deals with you. For all you know, she could be running away from something. My .02 pesos is to get to know her first outside the hall. Make your encounters non-religious. God-speed to you Penn.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I gotta go with pirata. Read sd-7's story. You do NOT want to be that dude. To this day he is STILL back and forth with that crazy manipulating JW broad, nearly a YEAR after he was DFd.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I like how you've captured an essence of what most everyone said and commented on it.

Good job.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They view anything as a stumbling offense. All they want is for you to pxxx away any opportunities for happiness, along with that rule about waiting until some time after her baptism (so they can pull her out from under your feet). Then you are supposed to pio-sneer.

I wonder what would happen if you took the Bible (their own Bible, at that) and read 1Thess 4:11. Now, ask the hounder if they can really believe that continually meddling with your business is really "minding their own business". Preferably in front of her--if the hounder blows up at you, you have proven that they are not really abiding by the Bible after all. And that could "stumble" her right out of the cancer--if you are willing to bear the high cost of losing your family now, you will now be able to pursue whatever you wish without the hounders bothering you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit