Osama bin Laden is Dead

by jamiebowers 283 Replies latest social current

• snowbird
    snowbird
    something so stupid that it distracted from the real issues?

Could have distracted, and would have, had Obama been a lesser man.

Syl

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

OBL is dead. US got the body. Pictures at 5 with Photoshop laters.

• Scully
    Scully

One of bin Laden's wives, who survived the firefight in the compound, also identified him, the official said.

Yeah, I can see her telling them something other than what they wanted to hear after seeing someone's face getting blown off.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Yeah, I can see her telling them something other than what they wanted to hear after seeing someone's face getting blown off.

Exactly.

She may have been secretly elated.

Syl

• NeckBeard
    NeckBeard

Snowturd should get the chief water carrier position at MSNBC.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowturd should get the chief water carrier position at MSNBC.

Hoogie.

Syl

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You can't pussyfoot around with the their feelings when you're trying to either capture or kill them.

But that's not what you're talking about.

• undercover
    undercover

I don't doubt that he's dead. I'm sure more will come out in the next day or so that clarfies a lot of things. That's why I said "current stories being reported".

But even in a moment of triumph it seems...for the moment...to me...that we stooped to a level of, "we have to handle this just right so OBLs minions don't get more upset".

We just killed their leader, their hero. How we handle the body in an Islamic tradition is going to make a difference to them? They already hate us for the infidels we are. So we buried OBL in their tradition. Big deal.

Maybe we should ignore what religion these people are and just treat them all the same...as terrorists and enemies.

A little Josey Wales philosophy is appropro here...

When someone suggested that they needed to bury the men he just killed he said, "To hell with them fellers. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well I'm sure the sharks are having their fill too.

• undercover
    undercover
    Well I'm sure the sharks are having their fill too.

I literally did laugh out loud at that one

Thanks...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit