I challenge all of you!

by Mr. Falcon 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Bill Hicks was awesome.

I can't necessarily agree with you about Dennis Leary, he's been around for a long time. There was an early MTV show called Remote Control, where I first saw him.

Ahhh you're too young. Them was the good old days son.

• unshackled
    unshackled

No one's heard of this guy but he just might be the WORST ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KCYrDGvHZ8&feature=related

• scary21
    scary21

Chris Rock.........Rocks!!!!!!!!!!

• wobble
    wobble

I think humour is a farely personal ,and ethnic/cultural thing. some comics do not come over well away from their native land.

Here in the U.K stand up became the thing to be in,and the thing that filled up T.V channels on the cheap years ago. We have a number of guys and gals who are quite good,some are very good.

Many started out well , but have run out of steam, and just aren't very funny a lot of the time anymore, they seem to lose the plot and not realise that observational comedy, if it is making you aware of something you only vaguely thought about, or perhaps had never looked at that way, is funny and good.

Stating the bleedin' obvious in a shouty manner whilst pacing around the stage is not.

Still just about got it : Lee Evans. Michael Mackintyre (teetering a bit). Shapi Korsandi (I love her, I want to marry her)

Still great: Eddie Izzard and, for the really old, believe it or not, I think Ken Dodd ! he still makes me laugh !

We have lost the great Tommy Cooper, and Eric and Ernie too.

There is a whole slew of new comedians who are just not that good, work on it chaps, or go back to the day job.

• streets76
    streets76

David Letterman was the reason I bought my first VCR back in the '80s.

Now I whence whenever I catch a few minutes of his show.

• undercover
    undercover
    The funny thing is that I'm a redneck hillbilly and I hate the redneck comedy stuff, accept for Ron White.

Yea, I'm the same way. Those comics that play up their Southern redneckism bug me. I'm from the South, I know rednecks. My family is full of em and some of it has rubbed off on me. Watching Larry the Cable Guy is like watching one of my cousins or uncles. I don't find it funny. Actually I've got one uncle who is pretty funny...and he's real, not fake like those comedians.

I did like LTCG's voice for Mater in the movie Cars. I'll give him credit for that one.

I didn't see Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert or Bill Maher come up on any like or hate lists. I guess they're not so much comedians anymore as they are political commentaters wrapping their POV around funny bits.

While I like Bill Maher's show on HBO and his New Rules segment, I find his stand up routines to not be so good. He's actually funnier and wittier on his feet in front of his panel than he is in a pre-planned stand-up gig. I had a chance to see him live but turned it down. I'd just soon stay at home and watch Religulous

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

I need to split this into 4 categories. Why? Some great stand up comedians are horrible in movies, and vice versa.

Top 10 movie/tv comedians (not in any order):

Nick Swardson

Mike Epps

Jamie Foxx

Romany Malco

Chris Tucker

Steve Carrell in The Office

Keenan Ivory Wayans

Tracy Morgan

RECENT Adam Sandler movies

Kevin James

Top 10 stand up (in any order)

Kevin Hart

Deeray Davis

Aries Spears

Sinbad

Katt Williams

Dave Chappelle

Chris Rock

George Carlin

Mitch Hedgberg

Ricky Gervais

Bottom 10 movie/tv comedians

Shawn, Marlon, and Damon Wayans as one

Vince Vaughn

Jonah Hill

Madea

Keenan Thompson on SNL

Sherri Shephard

Eddie Murphy

Jim Carrey

Robin Williams

Jimmy Fallon

Bottom 10 Stand ups

Jerry Seinfield

Jay Leno

Jeff Foxworthy

Larry the cable Guy

Sarah Silverman

Bill Engvall

Gabriel Iglesias

Cedric the Entertainer

DL Hughley

George Lopez

• talesin
    talesin

Martin Lawrence is a pig. There, I said it. His jokes about female anatomy disgust me.

Arsehole Hall - bigot.

Sam Kinnison - what? screaming is funny?

t

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Steve Harvey. Got famous for looking like Richard Pryor when he was young, good host of music stuff but not funny one bit.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Worst:

Tom Arnold as the clueless comedian. Because he doesn't know.

Try watching John Caparulo instead, tongue firmly in cheek.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit