I challenge all of you!

by Mr. Falcon 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I've compiled my list of the 10 worst comedians EVER. And they are as follows:

Jay Leno - Just a massively tired and unfunny tool who should be burned for what he did to Conan especially.

Talented opposite: Conan O'brien or Jimmy Kimmel.

Carrot Top - Somehow figured out how to make a career out of prop comedy. I'll give him that much.

Talented opposite: This is tough because prop comedy is deader than Ghenkis Khan. Any suggestions? The Amazing Jonathan?

Gallagher - Pre-Carrot Top.

Talented opposite: Dave Chappelle's "Black Gallagher".

Carlos 'Ned' Mencia - Mencia is to ethnic jokes what Ryan Leaf was to 1st round QBs.

Talented opposite: Dave Chappelle

Paula Poundstone - About as funny as childhood diabetes.

Talented opposite: I was going to say Sarah Silverman, but she annoys me lately.

Dean Cook - Frat boy who uses flailing hand gestures and screeching noises to fill the gap in his soul where humor should be.

Talented opposite: Nick Swardson or Patton Oswalt

Jeff Dunham - racist, unfunny, right-wing puppets designed to make JWN trolls chuckle. Also, he sucks as a ventriloquist.

Talented opposite: Neil Hamburger (although he doesn't use puppets)

Larry The CableGuy - I once tried to watch one of his performances, but 5 minutes in, I found myself writing a check out to the Taliban.

Talented opposite: Mitch Hedberg (R.I.P.), Dave Attell or Brian Posehn.

Whoopi Goldberg - Self-righteous. Her natural habitat is standing on a soap-box. Least funny of the Comic Relief Trio and considering that the other two are Billy Crystal and Robin Williams, that's pretty bad.

talented opposite: Tracy Morgan

Lisa Lampanelli - She's white. She's loud-mouthed. She has a thing for black guys. That's gold, Jerry. Gold!

talented opposite: Maria Bamford

I challenge you to come up with your own list. If you disagree with this list, it probably means you are not as comically gifted, sexy or intelligent as I am. But for the sake of discussion, I will humor your suggestions, providing that you offer an explanation for your choices.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with your list with one exception; my lisa lampanelli substitute would be kathy griffin. Kathy is also loud mouthed and crude but WAY funnier than Lisa.

I totally agree with Jay Leno being at the top of your worst list. The guy tells corny jokes and then laughs at them himself. Conan is WAY funnier. Both are from Boston, where I live. Most here love Conan and pick him over big chin anyday. My favorite skits of Conan are when he makes fun of his Irishness, and does the leprechaun impersonation. Plus he has rooster hair, lol. I just LOVE me some Conan O'brian.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Lil - Kathy Griffin once said that she wanted to pose in Playboy. Oddly, Playboy never called her.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Dare I say it: Jerry Seinfeld - cannot stand the guy (runs for cover)

Jay Leno - agree always sounds way too scripted

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

LOL, Well, she was never known for her looks now was she? Even with all the plastic surgery she is still a little below average in looks. Poor girl! But at least she makes up for it in talent.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Paul Reiser and Martin Lawrence would be on my list.

I don't think Seinfeld's stand-up is very funny, but the show was great.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I don't find Conan O'Brien all that funny, but then I've never liked any of the nighttime talk show hosts, with the exception of classic Carson or Steve Allen. I loathe Letterman.

Amazing Jonathan doesn't have enough material. He's kind of a one-trick pony.

Gallagher's non-prop comedy was actually good. The concept of the Sledge-o-matic is brilliant, but so overplayed. He turned into a cliché that went where the money was and you can't blame him for that. He's the stand-up version of Rocky Horror Picture Show, which is a completely inexplicable event with a huge cult following.

Carlos Mencia's jokes are hysterical, just like when they were told by the comedians he stole them from.

You forgot to mention that in addition to Sarah Silverman being funny, she's ridiculously hot.

You forgot Gilbert Gottfried and he has to be above some on your list.

You also failed to mention Margaret Cho and she has to higher on the list than some of these people.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Sarah Silverman and Kathy Griffin are both hilarious. Paula Poundstone- not funny in the least.

I also agree about Jay Leno and Dane Cook not being funny. Dane Cook makes me want to turn off any movie that he's in.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I could go either way on Seinfeld. Keyser is right. The show was great, chiefly due to Larry David.

Got to be honest, Kathy Griffin's humor makes me want to lay in bathtub full of fireants.

WontLeave - hahaha stop it. You're killing me. Gallagher is awful. Has always been awful.

Good call on Margeret Cho. Horrible, shrill woman. I do have to disagree with you about Gottfried. Did you ever hear him on Howard Stern? HIGH-larious.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I don't have time to make my own list, but I agree with most of your list and criticism.

I discovered another comedian that I didn't know about this past weekend. Eddie Izzard. Anybody find him funny too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit