I am seriously considering writing an E-book

by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I too like to write...

i have a book in the wings that i have half written for my kids mainly.

my suggetion would be just write, write, write, to start with. Have several chapters on the go at once too so any random thoughts you have may be 'jotted' down in the relevant part.

when its all done then the fun begins of editing out stuff that doesnt work.

other than that, perhaps make contact with others who write and get published etc no matter the genre because i am sure they can steer you away from mistakes!

oz

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

PLEASE write your experiences. It's not just fo the benefit of others - it's for YOURSELF

one of my husband's clients is a big Pyschologist here in the coast and today while she was getting her hair done somehow or other the ex DUB thing came up and ee talked about how I'm dealing with now after being out for over a decade (ive only JUST now - this past 2 weeks - started to address my issues)

She told me the BEST thing any person can do is to WRITE... it gets all the thoughts OUT of your head and allows you to analyse your own feeling later when you have a different vision. You may even find that when you read what you wrote, you have conflicting feelings or issues you didnt know about!

Whether you publish it or not - please write.

PS - I'd love a copy.

• carla
    carla

see your pm's

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Aaron Shepard's books are great for self-publishers. This one is about the formatting stage.

http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Pages-Publishing-Microsoft-Desktop/dp/0938497332/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303916481&sr=8-3

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx all. Carla, I am trying to open your PM. I just can't get it to open. I will try later.

Jeff

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Great! The demand for ebooks is growing. While there is a supply of wannabe writers turning out stuff, the demand for good quality writing is not being met so much. It is easy to self publish these days, so get busy with it and let us know when it is ready to go.

• JRK
    JRK

Do your thang Jeff! Godspeed. Or not Godspeed, whatever floats your boat.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit