I am seriously considering writing an E-book

by AK - Jeff 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It is wise for a first time writer to write about what he knows, so I will write about my lifetime as a Jehovah's Witness. But it will likely be less autobiographical and more about the sub-level markers that eventually pointed me out of the cult, doctrinal matters that bothered me under the surface, and the very real lack of love in that organization.

Ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jeff

• andrekish
    andrekish

Hi Jeff. Sounds like an interesting idea. And it could raise a few eyebrows. I'm sure quite a few people would be interested to hear what goes on behind the scenes and how tough it can be to be raised within such an organisation.

Just a brief thought only here, maybe you could write in novel form to prevent court orders and silencing techniques being used. It could give you a great deal more room to express opinions and describe real events without causing problems for anyone involved. And when describing the events within an organisation with lots of lawyers this could save you a fortune.

If you do write an ebook about your experiences I would certainly want a copy so if you do write this let us know please. My name can be used @gmail so please let me know.

Hope it goes well. ------ AndreKish

• Scully
    Scully

Hi Jeff

I think you have a lot to offer (as we all do) in terms of exit experiences from the JWs. Go for it! I'm betting that some JW people who know you and become aware of your e-book will download it, and maybe a few of them will have their eyes opened.

• seek2find
    seek2find

The problem is that our experiances are like snowflakes. No two are the same. I've been thinking about a book for a long time. What I can't figure out is how to explain things in a way that others can comprehend. I find that when I tell people that I'm and ex JW, the response is often "So what". Even if it is not verbalized, you can tell, that to them it's just like being a former Baptist, or Methodist , ect. Most people just don't recognize how big of a deal it really is to those of us who have lost it all, because we no longer could follow the cult. Good luck with your project, Dan

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Good luck with that. You may have to blaze your own trail and see what people think about it along the way.

I have immensely enjoyed your personal tale when you shared it.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

You are a good writer - tell us what n0o one else has privy access to, and be personal instead of third person!

Randy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Write on, Brother!

Write on!

Syl

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I need to find an hour a day for this project. Any suggestions as to text format? I see where Amazon prefers .mobi, but I am not sure how to go about formatting that. They will take doc and even pdf if the book is not illustrated I think. Well, I suppose the most important thing is to put the fingers to the keyboard and reformat if needed later.

Thanx for the ideas/suggestions/encouragement.

Jeff

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I'd read it, Jeff - especially if there's a character named poopsie

I don't know anything about formatting and stuff but I really like the idea!

• muzzy
    muzzy

Yes, write it!

Don't worry about format. Just sit down and write the thing, worry about formats later. Best of luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit