June 15th WT - WT Society Pressures JW Parents to Indoctrinate Children

by flipper 68 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

In a non-study article in the JW only Watchtower is an article titled " Should Youths get Baptized ? " The WT society is losing young people in very large numbers - so how else to try stemming the exodus than putting pressure on JW parents to indoctrinate AND instill mind control into their children ? In one section here in this article it almost sounds like a version of " 20 questions " that the WT society asks parents to determine if their children are making " spiritual progress " as they phrase it. Here are some of those questions :

1. Does your child " keep seeking the Kingdom " in the ministry ?

2. Is he willing to share the good news with others, or do you have to give him STRONG encouragement to go out in field service and talk at doors?

3. Does he make known to schoolmates and teachers that he is a Witness of Jehovah ?

4. Is attending congregation meetings important to him ?

5. Does your child strive to stay clean morally by avoiding harmful associates in school and elsewhere ?

6. What are his preferences regarding music, movies, television programs, video games, and the use of the Internet ?

7. How well does your child know the Bible ?

8. Can he put in his own words what he learns during your Family Worship evening ?

9. Does reading the Bible and studying the publications of the faithful and discreet slave interest him ?

As if THOSE questions aren't hard hitting enough and intrusive towards JW parents check this quote out in regards to young people seeking higher education as opposed to seeking advancing within the Jehovah's Witnesses. On pg. 6 it states, " Young people should learn to work so that, in time, they can be self-sufficient . But there is a danger in encouraging them to take up a lifestyle CENTERED ON EDUCATION and FINANCIAL SECURITY instead of true worship. Plans for a life that subordinates spirituality to worldly goals can SNUFF OUT a young person's desire to serve God. " Translation : Young people SHOULD NOT pursue education or financial well being . They should serve God ( WT society ) instead.

In the final paragraph the article quotes some dizzying statements by an elder and a circuit overseer. These guys are dangerous. If you don't think so just read this, " Commenting on youths who qualify for baptism but whose parents do not agree , an experienced elder said, " Preventing a young one from getting baptized can break his spiritual momentum and lead to discouragement. " And a traveling overseer wrote, " A youth could begin feeling spiritually INSECURE or INFERIOR . He might LOOK to the WORLD to gain a feeling of accomplishment. " And that would be a bad thing ?

So it appears the WT society is dealing out a heavy hand towards JW parents trying to get their JW children to tow the line. I feel this is a desperate measure being taken as they are losing many young people upon them turning 18 or adult age. The 18 - 35 yr.old JW crowd is definitely the biggest exiting percentage these days of JW's leaving the organization. So, what are your opinions ? Have you noticed more young people exiting from the Witnesses ? What is your take on this article ? As always I invite and look forward to your takes and observations ! Take care, have a great Saturday . Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Flipper..

It`s same old same old..Encourage children to work for free,for the WBT$..

If the kids don`t want to be a JW throw them out..

The WBT$ has been beating the same old drum for as long as I can remember..

I`m grateful to be out of there..The religion is dying in my family..

Theres only a few of the older ones left.When they are gone..

There will be no one to replace them..

In the Grand Scheme of things..The WBT$ is fading away..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Aw Flipper, I feel so sorry for people that still have kids in the religion. It seems like they are tightning the screw even more now..Hang in there..hopefully the kids will some day see the light..the REAL light..

Snoozy, who is reminded of slave labor also when reading the article..

• snowbird
    snowbird

Down here, the young ones are leaving en masse.

Especially the males.

Recently, I saw one at McDonald's with a group of "worldly" guys; he was trying to avoid my gaze.

I made a point of speaking to him and letting him know that I was not judging him, that I no longer associate with the JW's.

He looked so relieved that it was almost heartbreaking.

They weren't doing anything bad - just normal stuff, chatting and looking at girls.

I hope he will make the most of his freedom.

Syl

• Scully
    Scully

Young people should learn to work so that, in time, they can be self-sufficient.

I love that quote. I hope every young person within the confines of the WTS reads those words, takes them to heart, and goes out and gets themselves properly educated in order that "they can be self-sufficient."

I hope that self-sufficiency, in their minds, includes preparing for retirement, purchasing a home, having financial investments, being able to provide appropriately (not just "adequately") for a family. I also hope it excludes donations to the WTS whose financial and educational advice over the past half-century has been so detrimental to so many adherents that it no longer deserves their financial support.

I hope that the WTS ends up having to learn to Wait On Jehovahâ„¢ for financial assistance, the way so many people did as a result of following the WTS's flawed advice directives.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    2. Is he willing to share the good news with others, or do you have to give him STRONG encouragement to go out in field service and talk at doors?

Translation: If they balk at doing FS, do you have to threaten to go oomph upside their heads, or tell them to pack their bags and get out of your house?

The WT is getting more and more wild and woolly.

Syl

• clarity
    clarity

They have my teenaged grandchildren .... soon they'll force them to

sign on the dotted line............

clarity

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

Commenting on youths who qualify for baptism but whose parents do not agree , an experienced elder said, " Preventing a young one from getting baptized can break his spiritual momentum and lead to discouragement. "

i stopped my son from getting dunked a year ago he was only doing it for a girl and a few jw friends. i had to speak to several of the elders going over the questions with him. since then one elder who is related to us is shunning me, and the elders have asked several times to meet with me. i refuse polietly and that is working for now. they are getting more persistant lately

• flipper
    flipper

OUTLAW- Exactly. The WT society has constantly for years been trying to get JW young people to give out free labor and deny themselves a decent income or living. I'm glad I'm out as well. I'm glad most of your family is out - my older JW parents are nearing the end as well of their lives . I just hope more of my JW family wake up before wasting too much of their life on a pipedream.

SNOOZY- I do hope more younger people keep exiting the Witnesses. I hope my daughters are among them too someday. The WT society really is tightening the screws down.

SNOWBIRD- What a great experience of you showing kindness to that young man at McDonalds ! Thanks for sharing. Way to go sis ! Kudos to you for showing him authentic human kindness. He needs that after exiting the JW's. Yes, the WT society IS getting more wild !

SCULLY- I too hope more young JW's become " self sufficient " so as NOT to donate to a mind control organization that wants to rip their future away from them. As you state for years the WT society has been fleecing their flock so to speak ripping people off left and right. It's high time the WT society paid the bill for once.

CLARITY- I do hope your JW grandchildren DO NOT get baptized and sign on the dotted line. It puts way too much pressure on such young minds to be controlled by a merciless organization like the WT society.

EVIDENTLY APOSTATE- Wow. Interesting experience. Thanks for sharing. So you got some pressure and heat for preventing your son to get baptized ? Good lord. You would think elders would respect your parenal rights towards your son. But we all know different don't we ? What nazi's. Man. Good for you in sticking to your guns

• redsoxfan1393
    redsoxfan1393

Darn, I am 17 and baptised but I will awnser these for you guys.

1. Does your child " keep seeking the Kingdom " in the ministry ? NO!

2. Is he willing to share the good news with others, or do you have to give him STRONG encouragement to go out in field service and talk at doors? I am forced to go out because it is not fun and it is just plain awkward....

3. Does he make known to schoolmates and teachers that he is a Witness of Jehovah ? Not a single one knows they all forgot over the past few years! Makes school so much fun because I am normal!

4. Is attending congregation meetings important to him ? 4 hours of wasted time a week.

5. Does your child strive to stay clean morally by avoiding harmful associates in school and elsewhere ? I try to go out with friends and actually have fun. I want to have a girlfriend but well, that just isn't going to happen while at home still.

6. What are his preferences regarding music, movies, television programs, video games, and the use of the Internet ? Well, very unclean entertainment... Involves violent movies, video games, and TV programs.

7. How well does your child know the Bible ? Kinda...

8. Can he put in his own words what he learns during your Family Worship evening ? LOL Family Worship evening.

9. Does reading the Bible and studying the publications of the faithful and discreet slave interest him ? HELL NO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit