What Exactly Is Christ Supposed To Be Doing In Heaven Now According To The Watchtower?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I commented to a friend tonight that Jesus never sit back and relax with a beer in heaven. If I don't know present JW doctrine, it is because I left decades ago. So any second Jesus has to come at the Second Coming and Armageddon will occur. Next, he does nothing for one thousand years. A great tribilation occurs. There will be the ultimate battle. It will be horrid but b/c Jesus is Jesus (which is not simple for any Witness), he knows the only outcome. It is very anticlimatic. Will Satan and he play act? No matter the battle tactics, Jesus wins. Not much incentive for stagey fighting from Jesus. Poor Jesus. Maybe some Witness wanders off in Queens or another god forsaken battle. Like Joseph Smith, a new scripture is found like The Book of Mormon. How does Jesus know it will ever end?

Can you imagine how depressing when nothing happens until infinity because Jesus won a battle with a known outcome. Maybe they can costs and not fight at all.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Heaven is a half pipe He's kicking back Don't disturb him He may rouse get his sword and wipe us out as per the GB's wishes

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

He fell asleep during the last circuit assembly.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I love the falling asleep during assembly graphic. OH, so true! He was human, after all.

His nap may explain why he waited decades to give me pain remission. It can explain the Holocaust. A renegade Remnant member should wake him up. We need him! John Lennon was very conscious of keep himself mysterious. Celerbrities who are always available lost their allure. The public should never be sated. I notice that in C.S. Lewis Narnia series Aslan is always missing in action for thousands of years, just like Jesus. If Jesus were consciously ever present and available to us, the whole Jesus mystique would fade. B/c he is so elusive, we can project our hopes, dreams, desires on Jesus. When I studied Jesus in college, the New Testament course was a requirement. We were told to write down three adjectives to describe Jesus. All these bright people who were Christian did not write one correct adjective, myself included. Only the Orthodox Jewish males answered correctly.

Rembrand'ts Nativity scene with Jesus,Mary and Joseph as contemporary Dutch bourgeois people comes to my mind.

On a serious note, I was extremely ill, near death, for decades with agonzing facial pain. The suicide rate is 95%. Somehow despite my rage at Jesus' seeming impotence, I also believed that Jesus was present with my suffering. The crucifixion gave him power to me than a more triumphal miracle worker god would not. The ability to project societal values onto Jesus kept me alive.

The whole Christology debate fascinates me. It also makes me nervous. Frankly, I still don't have a clue what the Witnesses teach about his nature. They are Jehovists not Christians. I can only relate to the humanity of God, never being God myself.

• minimus
    minimus

lol

• PSacramento

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit