You need a messiah

by StopTheTears 80 Replies latest jw friends

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

You might well ask that question, “Do we need a Messiah?” Yes, it would be logical to wonder whether a Messiah would have any real effect on you.

Some whose opinion you may respect would assure you that the answer is clear and unequivocal: You definitely do need a Messiah, just as much as everyone else does.

Today Christ is a Mighty King. He rules over his Father's Kingdom.

We cannot even imagine how wonderful our lives will be under Kingdom rule. It is important, then, that we continue to take in Bible knowledge and become better acquainted with Jesus Christ.

Meditate on this image of the LORD about to become our Messiah and go back to his dad's spiritual mansion in the heavens.

We reject the corporation based in New York, but we DO NOT reject the truth of our messiah and his plans for us and our future in paradise. Will you affirm this along with me?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    You definitely do need a Messiah, just as much as everyone else does.

So not at all, then. No one *needs* a Messiah. You are welcome to choose one and I have no issue with that. But *need*? I would have to disagree with that choice of word.

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

So not at all, then. No one *needs* a Messiah.

I have read claims of swami's in India whose beliefs teach them they do not *need* food. Their body soon lets them know this is not so as it wastes a away.

In the same way, you can claim not to need a messiah but that does not change the fact that you do indeed need a messiah!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I see. Can you explain, then, why I am not wasting away?

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

Can you explain, then, why I am not wasting away?

Spiritually, without a messiah, you will. Spiritually.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

That is quite a judgment to make. You know what about me other than I don't agree that someone *needs* a messiah? Do you know what I believe? Do you know what relationship I have with God, if any at all? Is it your place to judge those things with that information, let alone without it? At what point were you appointed to decide upon the veracity of my beliefs, values, and mores? I fully support your right to decide upon yours as long as they do not tread upon the rights of others... but I take exception with you not granting me the same respect.

There is a difference between saying 'I believe you need a messiah.' and 'You need a messiah.' One is an opinion, to which you have a right. The other is a declaration bordering on judgment, if not crossing the line completely. Sharing your beliefs is one thing. Declaring them as facts and judgments quite another.

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

There is a difference between saying 'I believe you need a messiah.' and 'You need a messiah.' One is an opinion, to which you have a right. The other is a declaration bordering on judgment, if not crossing the line completely.

If I give a starving man a fish and advise him to eat it, it is not an opinion. He needs to eat the fish unless he wished to die.

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

WHY do you enjoy walking in a park or strolling through a field of sweet-smelling flowers? Why is it that your spirits soar when you see a beautiful lake or towering mountains with their peaks in the clouds? Why do you stop to listen as birds sing their cheery songs in the treetops? And why is it so pleasant to watch a graceful deer bounding along or a flock of sheep grazing in a meadow?

There is one answer to all these questions. We were made to live in Paradise. That is where our first parents, Adam and Eve, began their life. We got our desire to live in Paradise from them, and they got it from their Creator, Jeus Christ. He knew that we humans would be happy in Paradise because he created us with the qualities needed to enjoy living in it.

Soon God will resurrect the dead who were obedient to him and they will live in Paradise with the other faithful witnesses of Jehovah. Will YOU be one of them?

Old will be made young again, and there will be no more badness.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    If I give a starving man a fish and advise him to eat it, it is not an opinion. He needs to eat the fish unless he wished to die.

That is true, it is not an opinion. It is advice. You are welcome to advise me. Just as I am welcome to take that advice or leave it. You are not welcome to judge me. In addition, your advice to eat the fish is based on factual information. Your judgment that I need a messiah and will waste away spiritually without it is based on your opinion and beliefs.

• Satanus
    Satanus

How lovely, john embracing jesus, like that, while giving him a bath. Adam could use a shave, though.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit