Simplified Watchtower, beginning with July 15th.

by DagothUr 21 Replies latest jw friends

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Does anyone know what's the story with that simplified WT? Is that the new dubbie-WT for simpletons, drones and zerglings?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Zerglings?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zergling

Yea, the lowest little buggers, the R&F of the Zerg Hive.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Oh, LOL, thanks. You know......that description has promise, I can see that gaining some traction. Zerglings my just replace Dubs.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I mean, what's the target, the purpose of the simplified version? Are the JWs getting dumber? Is it for recruiting underliterate adepts?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Supposedly for areas where they use English as a second language according to what they wrote. I just hope they keep it up, from the threads today the new version has plenty of nuggets for the apostate gold rush.

• yesidid
    yesidid

How does it get any more simple?

All pictures?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I kind of find it appropriate. The Zerg Hive had one leader: the Overmind, a huge brain-like entity who had absolute control over the Swarm...much like the GB controls the JWs. And like the JWs, the Zerg Swarm has different levels of evolution. How does "brutalisk" sound for "CO"? I'm sure Starcraft fans get the drift...

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I just heard about this today. I guess I'll find out more in summer.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I mean, what's the target, the purpose of the simplified version?

A good question...reading thru all the posts today about the new dumber version, I'm still not sure of the purpose.

They describe the simplified as just being simpler english. BUT it also could be described as being more direct and blunt in its message delivery.

Compare these two pull quotes from the article "God's Rest - What is It?" (regular) or "What is God's Rest?" (simplified)...

From the regular version:
    "We can enter into Jehovah’s rest today by obediently working in harmony with his advancing purpose as it is revealed to us through his organization"

From the simplified version:
    "We can enter into Jehovah’s rest if we obey him and work with his organization"

Saying the same thing, one is just more blunt and direct. I think it is a bit of trickery and misdirection to say the simplified version is for those with basic english skills. Could they be testing the waters of acceptance for this blunt version? Or a deliberate attempt to say they're "testing it".....but really they just plan to eliminate the regular and eventually make the blunt method default?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit