untitled

by TheJigsUp 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

so LOVELYLIL for it to be the case, God would have to be on another 'plane' / dimension.

apparently there are supposedly 12 of them last i read. something about superstrings i believe. i have no idea how someone would theorise that number, but im not knocking it.

but really theorists, genuine mainstream theorists are theorising that other dimensions exist which would open up inumerable possibilities of this that and the other.

also just another curiosity... wasnt there something on the edge of our solar system recently that would mean the re writing of the laws of physics as we know it?

hang on... *insert google search here*

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/41984

there ya go, i think thats it.

so just in this 'dimension' there are some crazy possibilities outside of our 'mainstream' thoughts on how things work.

so i thought it might be amusing to entertain how what we deem 'supernatural' might be possible.

without going cuckoo about it.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Simple answer...

Matthew 19:26 (New International Version, ©2011)

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Speed of light is not an applicable obstacle for which God cannot observe from a distance in an instantaneous real time environment....

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

i appreciate what you're saying SAM WHISKEY and it may be true, but thats a blanket statement.

im aquainted with the bible and im not wishing to discredit your feelings, but thats not what im asking.

im asking how you might fit some things with our theoretical understanding of science and stuff. :P

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I get it TJU. :D I'm departing from what is scientifically provable. Neccesarily, that we know that light travels a certain speed, and this is provable. However, not all things are provable with God. Some things take a little faith.

And no, I'm not offended. I enjoy topics of this nature.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Religious ideas of an omnscient/omnipotent God residing in the Pleiades is very much the work of a pre-scientific era. Describing God as infinite (omni) makes such a concept somewhat meaningless to human understanding. Observance indicates and all-loving, all-knowing, all-powerful God (read infinitely loving, infinitely knowledgable, infinitely powerful God) does not exist.

I like your idea that if God was part of this universe, he would be limited by the constraints of this universe, such as the speed of light. That is why it makes more sense to say God exists outside our physical dimensions.

Lovelylil's quote from Eph 4:6 - " one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all" fits nicely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit