untitled

by TheJigsUp 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

ok heres a theoretical for you.

first of all i appreciate that not everyone here believes in an all powerful being ie. a creator..

but..

not entertaining moral aspects of such and disagreements that will arise concerning it,

what might be a theoretical picture of what might be able to be omnipresent and so on and so forth if the idea of an all powerful creator was so?

and before some start... no im not looking for an argument.

let me give an example of what i mean.

lets say there is a being that is able to see all things as they happen.. well light takes a set time to travel. so... if such a being were

watching everything happen AS it happens, it could not be at a distance. again, ie. a long way away watching everything.

because it would only see all on a delay. the delay being the time it takes light to travel to such beings eye.

you get me? think as though you were explaining sci fi and how a warp drive might work, you know?

so. if a being was able to see all it would have to be encompasing reality as we know it and also BESIDE reality as we know it.

in other words viewing our physical realm from another dimension next to ours.

do ya see what im saying.

and please dont treat this as a bashing thread, please think of it as constructing a theoretical physic to a kind of sci fi idea for the benifit of those

that completely poo poo the idea of something 'else'

anyway. just curious and not looking to judge in any way.

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

and please dont treat this as a bashing thread, please think of it as constructing a theoretical physic to a kind of sci fi idea and i state this for the benifit of those...

just to clarify.. it wouldnt let me edit.

i dont mean for the benifit as in to educate, i meant that i was saying directly to those that poo poo the idea 'something else' please treat this as a theoretical picture.

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

sorry, could a mod please title this erm... theoretical God theory

and please could this be moved to the friends forum..

if not i'll just copy and paste.

sorry and thankyou.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Not quite sure what you are after but I felt this way about prayer when i gave it some thought about 4 years ago. Prayer would have to travel FASTER than light to be able to work! That thought put the dampers on it doing so for me...

Now that's NOT to say it isn't possible as light is merely the fastest thing we know exists now, but the odds look slim dont they?

• wobble
    wobble

If such a voyeur from another universe, or reality, is watching us, so what ? Kinky, he/she/it may be, but it wouldn't really affect us.

I think that you may be thinking that the non-believers discount the possibility of any kind of other in any way.

I have never personally, met anyone who holds that position. We nongods tend to hold the postion that "just because every elephant we have seen is large, that does not mean that a tiny elephant does not exist".

We just, rightly, want to see proper, testable, evidence before we change our view on reality.

We are open to any idea, not to blind, baseless, evidence- free credulous "faith".

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So, if Jehovah lives in the Pleiades like Chucky said, it won't actually take 440 years for him to find out I've been a naughty boy and another 440 years for retribution to arrive on his celestial chariot because he also lives in another dimension?

Bummer. I had better start behaving myself according to the rules the local preacher tells me I must obey.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I watch this thread with interest.

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

haha i really lolled at that thought WITNESS MY FURY

yeh WOBBLE i get ya, i was just trying to offset any hardcore no no no'ers from hijacking.

and yes BLACK SHEEP the 'ping' is apparently 440 light years.

and whats more JEAN LUC you should know about this stuff, you got years on captain kurk and you were a more level headed captain..

but kurk was the man.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Jig,

God is an eternal and infinite Spirit and he lives outside of our space and time because he created space and time. Thus he can be everywhere and see everything as it is occurring. I like the thought of God found in this biblical text;

one God and Father of all, who is over all and throughall and in all.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

sorry I can't seem to edit my posts. It should read "over all, through all and in all".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit