Increase in demon activity?

by Igot2bme 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

When I first started studying I was told that I would notice that the demons would try to stop me from recieving accurate bible knowledge. Well I never really witnessed anything unusual like objects flying through the air, bleeding walls, increased nightmares or something of that nature. Almost all the people that I know who have become baptized have a story or two about this having happened to them. I am just curious to how many people may of experienced any kind of demon phenomena while studying the bible with witnesses.

• oompa
    oompa

never ever...not in 49 years...and btw...i so wish a demon would bitchslap me across the room!!! at least then i could believe in a spiritual realm...until then or until i see spinning pictures on the wall or objects flying through the air...well i just will not believe...funny how with all the cell phone cameras out there that can do video i have still never seen real evidence of floating stuff etc.

come on demonz!!!...bitchslap me!!!............oompa

• watersprout
    watersprout

Welcome to the forum!

I was a born in and my family feared the demons... It was ingrained in me to ''fear'' by what was taught off the platform... Because we feared we did experience some strange goings on... If i had never been brought up as a witness i wouldn't have experienced what i did.

I most certainly DO NOT fear them now. Guess what?? No activity!

Peace

• Perry
    Perry

4 th generation JW here. The only demon activity we had was when my Mom couldn't hang the curtains correctly, and after like a dozen tries and she just decided they were demonized.

Other than demonized curtains, the only demonized stuff I've seen are politicians:

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I am just curious to how many people may of experienced any kind of demon phenomena while studying the bible with witnesses.

In the Witness world there is a wide spectrum of what connotates a "demon experience." It ranges from mere dreams to literally anything in the outside world. When our brains are looking for an experience sometimes it makes something up.

It's one thing to relate a "demon experience" and it's quite another to explain why it happened. The Witnesses use literally anything and everything, even pure conjecture, to add validity to their bizarre interpretations of unexplained phenomenon.

-Sab

• Highlander
    Highlander

I would pay big money to see a walking, talking, demonic smurf, piss on a bible, rip out someone's eyeballs and then walk out of a meeting at a kingdumb hall.

Until then, I have this video. Jump to 5:00 if you only want to see the smurf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxmJM0muVVs

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The JW's seem to have more demons problems then any other christian denominations. I think they are fascinated with 2 things, sex and demons.

The bible clearly says if you "submit yourself to God, reject the Devil, he will flee from you", James 4:7. There was once a sister in my hall that blamed everything on Satan, I mean everything! Like if she had a hangnail, it was the devil's fault. One day I quoted this text and asked her "aren't you rejecting the Devil? If, so why is he always following YOU around?" Well she never mentioned the devil to me again.

Peace, Lilly

• fade_away
    fade_away

LOL! I love that video!! Especially how ridiculous the opening song sounds when it takes that sudden fast paced second half! I always hated that song cause of that.

• pirata
    pirata

Satan is perceived to be more subtle these days... Here's the explanation given in the Bible Teach book, the book used to study with new ones:

*** bh chap. 12 p. 120 Living in a Way That Pleases God ***

As discussed in Chapter 10, Satan uses various methods to try to turn people away from God. On the one hand, he attacks “like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” (1 Peter 5:8) Thus Satan’s influence may be seen when friends, relatives, or others oppose your efforts to study the Bible and apply what you learn. * (John 15:19, 20) On the other hand, Satan “keeps transforming himself into an angel of light.” (2 Corinthians 11:14) The Devil can use subtle means to mislead you and lure you away from a godly way of life. He can also use discouragement, perhaps causing you to feel that you are not good enough to please God. (Proverbs 24:10) Whether Satan is acting like “a roaring lion” or posing as “an angel of light,” his challenge remains the same: He says that when you are faced with trials or temptations, you will stop serving God. How can you answer his challenge and prove your integrity to God, as Job did?

* This does not mean that those who oppose you are personally controlled by Satan. But Satan is the god of this system of things, and the whole world is in his power. (2 Corinthians 4:4; 1 John 5:19) So we can expect that living a godly life will be an unpopular course, and some will oppose you.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Good one lilly. People in JW land love to blame everthing on the devil. That way they have no responsibility. They have the GB telling every move to make and the devil causing all their problelms. So they don't have to take responsibility for anything important. Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit