DRY BEGGING....

by Snoozy 43 Replies latest social family

• Heaven
    Heaven

Is Dry Begging related to Dry Heaving? Or does Dry Heaving follow the Dry Begging?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

One is done by the giver and one is done by the taker..

Snoozy

• jgnat
    jgnat

If that is dry begging, then my daughter, that angel, is the mistress of dry refusing. She has a terrible time saying no. Maybe because I am her mother (but I've seen her struggle to say no to strangers, too). Maybe it is from an exaggerated sense of obligation. She just can't cough it out.

You know me. I say what I mean, and I strive to say it as simply as possible. So when I say, "Wanna go swimming?" she says. "Well, it's been a tough week and I haven't caught up on my housework. Naomi needs to clean her room and I really should dust the top shelves of the bookcase...(yadda wadda bladda blaa...)." Because by this time I've stopped listening. "Listen honey, I'm not mad or anything. You can say no." (In fact, I've already changed and done ten laps...)

I am happy to say, though, that I've raised two children practically free of dry begging.

And my granddaughter, bless her, just comes right out and says it. She knows I'll say yes.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

That's funny jgnat..and so true! I have seen some like that also..just can't say no..some people think they should be able to do it all..I was that kind of a witness..

You have to teach yourself to say no and it's OK..

Right now I am waiting for the dishwasher to get finished washing the dishes, then as a treat I get a bowl of ice cream...i

Snoozy

• jgnat
    jgnat

I remember trying to sneak the last piece of pie from the fridge after the munchkins had gone to bed. Those sharp little ears....

As soon as the fridge opened, the little voices would start. "I'm hungry." "Can I have pie, too?"

No dry begging there. Straight to the bone asking!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

*giggle* the things us Mommies go through..and do without... for our babies

Snoozy

• wyorobert
    wyorobert

Great topic

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well I just had dinner (Birthday) with my daughter and it was really nice. She brough my 12 year old grandson and his new "Girlfriend' of 11 .. They were so shy..it was adorable..but seriously 11?

Good talk, made the W/d for her $40. "Loan " and accidently gave her $20. too much ..I realized the mistake while she sat there wondering what was going on and I snatched it back, we both laughed..she knows the rules and we both feel very confortable with them. We talked about her 401 and how she may take it when she retires..It looks like she is pretty well set..SS will be a bonus to her. Glad she stayed in it. She almost dropped out and a few years ago I talked her into staying..glad she listened! (And so is she).

So I feel it is a start..considering last year at this time we weren't even talking. I feel a new love for her that is bordering more on respect and I think she picks up on that..trying to stay positive with her..

Had a good time...

Snoozy..no vent today..

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

OK today is Tuesday..I spoke too soon..latest message to me from her:

Dont' get mad at me.. and I will honestly if you can help me let me know but if you can't I wil understand.. i overlooked my waterbill to city of //////// and I called this morning to try and get an extension till payday and they said they are crackign down on water bil payments and I had my 2nd notice already.. I sware I just overlooked it.. and didn't know I couldn't get an extension.. it is for $110. I called and they said if I could pay half today they wouldnt' shut me off tomorrow. that would be $55. I won't ever do this again since I found this out.. I always let that bill go till the last minute since they usually will give u an extesnion.. that sucks.

So if I can't pay 55 by tomorrow morning.. they will shut off my water.

She told me later that she had the bill on the refrigerator to remind herself and "still " forgot about it.. She just didn't pay it thinking she would be allowed to extend it..now she is scrambling trying to figure out what she is going to do..she has no one left to borrow from but me..but I said NO!!She will just have to figure it out..she already said she was going to pawn a toy of her sons but couldln't find th echarger..so that's how it goes..she won' thave any funds till the 1st so hopefully she will learn from this. As hard as it is to say No I am finding it quite easy this time..only thing is my grandson who is 11 but I figure he will only get a little dirty (spongebaths work) and I am sure she is bottling water for drinking..she has to learn! She blows her money and thinks someone will bail her out all the time..tough love! ( I have received at least 10 more texts with promise to pay this weekend..BTW, she already managed to get $235. from me in a months time before this and only has to pay $45. of it back....amazing isn't she? Also I fugure by the amount she owes, she has owed it for quite a while..I still say she either has a drug or gambling or both problem..I love her too much to give in and pay the bill..

Snoozy

She just posted this:

If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all.....:(

I so bad want to say, it isn't bad luck it's you blowing your money instead of paying your bills..this could have all been avoided ..

But I didn't.. And yeah, she is getting sympathy form a few..but I know...

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Now this:

SO SICK OF THESE MIGRAINES............................................GIVE MY HEAD A BREAK PLEASE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit