Its official, call me Mr Apostate from now on

by Joey Jo-Jo 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Good luck Joey Jo Jo with the rest of your life, go out and enjoy...so much to see and do! Am excited for you x

Paula

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Thanks Paula, bye bye religious burden, bye bye hypocrisy, bye bye lies and false hope, bye bye conditional friends.

• Millions
    Millions

All the best Joey, at least you have woken up now. Go and live your life!

On a side note, I don't know why people get so foaming at the mouth about the elder's book. I used to have one and it's for the most part incredibly dull and procedural, and I can't recall anything in it that you wouldn't already know about the JWs. Besides which it's usually the stuff that elders have to write in themselves around the margins at KM schools or CO visits that might be slightly more contentious, but even still, if people are after evidence of dark secretive cult behaviour they are always going to be sorely disappointed. It's very, very boring.

I suppose anything that the rank and file are forbidden from looking at, invariably becomes more enticing to them. Stupid really. I'm sure it was a careful ploy to jack up the levels of fear and suspicion amongst the flock, 'let's make it a SECRET book and really get them paranoid!'

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    On a side note, I don't know why people get so foaming at the mouth about the elder's book. I used to have one and it's for the most part incredibly dull and procedural,

Thats the point, once you see it, you realize its nothing special.

My JW sister insists that the elders manual now instructs elders to call the police when an accusation of child abuse comes up. When I asked her to show it to me, she said she couldn't, only elders may read the book. So i asked her to get her elder husband to just photocopy the part about calling the police, and block out anything else. She has not done that of course, because it is not there.

JWs who are not elders, think that book is filled with super-special, elite info.

If I could get my sister to read it, and see how dull and un-original it is, it might get her to think a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit