Its official, call me Mr Apostate from now on

by Joey Jo-Jo 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I overheard a conversation from my family, jw's are shunning me, but the best part is I am not a JW, never been bathtised, just a born in who woke up in his early thirties. The reasoning behind it was something I did, it wasn't fornication because im still a virgen, it wasn't stealing, killing or praying to false gods, drinking or anything that the bible defines as sin, im not even the going out type, I dont have many friends, never been reprove or did anything to set a bad example (I was your typical JW) no no no, it was a book, it was sending an email to a family member who happens to be jw with the shephearding the flock ppf.

This book was a huge shock to the person, eventually it raised questions and spread around, eventually this went full circle back at me, my parents already concerned for some time has asked brothers to see if they can fix my reasoning so I can be brainwashed again and give them money to some rich guys in brooklyn who dont have any ethical responsibilities towards others. I wanted my parents to do this, I want them to see what the brothers will do and say about me, thinking and hopping, that some day they will wake up from their long sleep. I told them everything, my douts and what books I read, my parents with all good intentions concerned spoke to elders and that raised alarm bells, the obvious happened, they didn't follow jesus example, they kicked me to the curb, nobody close is to speak to me but mum and dad still do.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Good that your mum and dad still speak with you. Great that you sent the "Flock" book copy around and that it 'caused a huge shock.' I hope that copy is getting the rounds on the Internet.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

if you really are still a virgin, you should change that asap.

• wobble
    wobble

I think you should now make great efforts to build yourself a great life. Join clubs and societies, get a hobby that involves other people, sport of some sort etc etc

Maybe you are already doing this, I do hope so, but you do need to, JW's are a thing of the past for you, despite your family situation, so get out there and live !

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Gayle: thanks, the person I sent it to father is an elder, but what occured is doing the rounds so a lot of people know whats going about the book and the elders decision, I hope these seeds of doubt grow, has long as there's life theres always hope.

J.Hofer: Too much info? ahaha just making a point, the only dirt they can throw at me are books I read.

wobble: thanks, I try.

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

What book is this, and where can I download it?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When I was trying to download the new 2010 edition, I needed the help of a teenager to figure out how to use a torrent only to find out that at least one of my kids had already downloaded it.

• Ding
    Ding

To a JW, the problem isn't with the secret shepherding book.

It's with you disclosing the existence and contents of the secret book.

"When in doubt, shoot the messenger..."

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

GGlad to hear you have your parents contact. No matter the hurt, all others that shun you, you are better off without.

• moshe
    moshe

Road trip- you need a good road trip- see the country, sleep in a pup tent, eat Dinty Moore stew from a can, stay in a hostel, YMCA, Craigslist crash pad- get a job at a summer camp, just go to the top of a mountain and figure out what you want to do next- it's your life and you're on top now- good luck

-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit