How do JW's know that the GB is getting closer to the truth?

by Mad Dawg 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But I'm a newbie so I don't count.

You're damn right you don't count! Now drop and give me 50!

But seriously though, that was a joke and you do count.

But still give me 50.

-Sab

• therevealer
    therevealer

How is it he knew years before that in the fall of 1914 peace would be taken away from the earth?

Well now. If that don't make jw's the "truth" then what possibly could. But, remember that many were going on and on about the end of times etc. and russell just picked up on this. And we must remember that his other source of info was the great pyramid of Geza. He was getting on in age so maybe the pyramid of Geza for an old geezer was appropriate. This was a small part of what impressed me when I was first studying. Now since I have "clued in" I almost feel ashamed and embarassed that I soaked up the bull that was involved with this claim. How could it NOT be the "truth" if Russell was able to foretell or foresee this (at the time I was studying it was the idea that he had predicted ww1 30 or so years ahead of it occuring) Well as most on here know, if you do a study of it all it is so clearly not what it is made to be.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Mr Russell did make some errors in the beginning,But how easy is it for an imperfect man to undo 1750 years of lies overnight?

Right. Russell's bullshit teachings were merely "errors". Everyone else's were "lies". Viewed with that level of objectivity, it's no wonder the WTS has managed to pull the wool over it's members eyes for over a century.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I can hardly believe my luck that none of you have brought up the tired illustration:Sail Tacking

• jgnat
    jgnat

kjv, if you are up for it, I'd like to challenge the Witness habit of lumping all other Christian denominations together - for example,

"disunified religions that shove the teachings of Jesus aside and kill one another"

There are other Christian denominations who are pacifists and refuse military service (i.e. Hutterites). For every claim by the Jehovah's Witnesses of doctrinal superiority, I can name a denomination that does it better.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Millions upon millions slaughtered, not to mention all of the family lines cut off as well.

You are worried about this, (from human politics) - but are OK with the Witnesses Jehovah and his Armageddon???

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Not to mention the teachers failing to warn them about the false god worship practices the world added to their holy days. We shall see who satan owns.

This is an interesting comment. For over 90 years the WT failed to warn people that tobacco use was a sin. It was not until 1973 that they sounded the warning about this. During that whole time, the Mormons were sounding the warning. Baptists were warning of it. Many other were warned. But not Witnesses. They were either in such darkness that they never figured it out, or the leaders did channel it from their spirit beings and they did know, but decided to keep this life saving information to themselves. Why would anyone want to associate with an organization that carries this tremendous amount of blood guilt?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Thats the astonishing thing about religions is they can create truths where there isn't any

and self describe it as being righteous spiritual virtuosity.

The WTS went a bit further by placing advertisements called special talks or ( Key-note Addresses )

followed afterward by selling books, it was a winning formula.

So successful was this a century later on the WTS. still does exactly the same thing.

The JWS and the WTS still carries commercial appeal for all of those willing to swallow their version of gobably-gook.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    This is an interesting comment. For over 90 years the WT failed to warn people that tobacco use was a sin. It was not until 1973 that they sounded the warning about this.

True, but was that a misprint on the date? I thought I remembered it being around 1963 -

• moshe
    moshe
    How do JW's know that the GB is getting closer to the truth ? "

They don't care if the GB all have dementia- all JWs want, is to keep believing that Armageddon is just around the corner and they will make it to the paradise earth and never have to die- that is what JWs want, otherwise they would join another religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit