What a STUPID morning on the ministry!

by TimothyT 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Leave me alone and let me do the ministry how i want!

You will quickly find that is not what the elders allow. If that were the case, millions of JWs would use the bible alone in their ministy. The goal, however is not spreading the word of God, it is the selling and distribution of WT publications. The secondary goal is to reinforce cult ideals into the members by keeping them busy in what they are told is a life-saving work. The recruitment of new members is simply an accident that happens from time to time. Otherwise why would it take 5,000 hours plus of preaching just to result in one baptism?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

the surest sign of someone leaving is when they only use the bible in fs.

for me i prefered the living bible

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I don't see how anyone who's ever been in a men's locker room could be gay, but hey, whatever turns you on!

Seriously, the question I have is: if you weren't gay, would you be leaving the JWs? If the answer is NO, then you would have to believe they were the only true church on Earth. In that case, leaving the organization isn't going to lead to salvation. If the answer is YES, then you would be obliged to leave the organization regardless of whether you were gay or not. In other words, being gay is, or should be, irrelevant. If the organization is true, then all the other churches are false, and finding one that's gay-friendly really isn't going to do you any good. But if the organization is a manmade organization, then it doesn't matter what your sexual predilections are. It's false.

The bottom line is that if the organization is false, doing even one more hour of service is pointless and you should let the elders know. And when you do, I wouldn't mention the "gay" thing at all. The church is either true or false, and again, if it's true, you're leaving Jehovah's organization to join a gay-friendly false church.

My own view is that the organization is a manmade organization and its leaders have pretty much admitted it. Going to the elders and telling them you're gay is going to be pointless. The church is either true or it's not, and your sexuality has nothing to do with it.

Am I wrong?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Timothy t-- Probably the same words Eve uttered when she decided she didnt need Gods direction anymore after satan lied to her and she believed it. Look where it got the world. So where would you turn.

This is funny. There is no evidence that Eve ever had to listen to some goofy men from a publishing corporation try to micromanage minute details of how she conducted her life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit