What a STUPID morning on the ministry!

by TimothyT 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi everyone,

Tim here.

Ok... so... let me tell you about this morning and the utter STUPIDITY of the brothers!

Just to give you a bit of background info, for those who dont know, i am a gay, 23 year old JW and im seriously heading out of the borg! I want this now because i dont fit in anymore! Im trying to be strategic at the moment, as im in a situation where if i just gave it all up now, id be worse off!

Before i came out and decided i was gay, i agreed to do the 30 hours ministry for this month! Now i wish i didnt! My average for each month is about 30 anyway, and i LOVE talking to people about the bible! ITS GREAT FUN!!! But this morning, i went out, not feeling very good healthwise, and one brother was grilling me because i wasnt using the tract for this stupid campaign to get people to the memorial! Dont get me wrong... i am VERY VERY VERY appreciative of what Jesus did for us all, but i told him that i just want to do the ministry my way and in a way i feel comfortable. He wasnt having it was he.

Since being gay, iv changed a lot of my priorities! I dress comfortably, i no longer put on a show as iv always done, i no longer shave, i dont use the NWT but the King James, and i often show people KEY scriptures about Jesus and the love he has for us putting all magasines, books and brochures away. Of course, non of these things go down well do they!

Then it all came didnt it! Taken aside... why arnt u using the tract? Why arent you following the council from the FDS? (Dont get me started on this bullshi*) Why havnt you shaved? FOR GOODNESS SAKE... LEAVE ME ALONE!!! Grrrr!!!

Anyway, thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Any thoughts?

Tim xxx

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Ramble on Tim...

when i started 'leaving' i could not stomach door to door work much at all. Esp with magazines and a set 'sermon'. By the end i was just taking a bible and going alone to doors, finally not even knocking loud either.

but i was having far more problems than not following the Feild service rules to keep the elders occupied.

Obviously they will get you on that unshaven thing quick smart... cant have hairy faced JWs going around banging on doors.

and welcome.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Im trying to be strategic at the moment, as im in a situation where if i just gave it all up now, id be worse off!

i wasnt using the tract for this stupid i no longer shave,

i dont use the NWT but the King James,campaign to get people to the memorial!

I question your strategy if you are indeed trying to "lay low" for a while longer. I say you're heading into questionable territory, throwing up red flags everywhere. NOT the way to lay low.

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

lol!! ive said it before and ill say it again, "what a buncha morons!!"

funny lil men in cheap suits always have to stick their brown noses where it dont belong.

just tell them you are having homosexual tendancies without admitting to anything, most jw,s are homophobic anyway, i bet theyll leave you alone after that.

• ssn587
    ssn587

I myself don't use mags, or anything else when i go out for my 3 to 4 hours per year, have been asked in the past as to why I don't use or rather am not passing out the memorial or other partiular tracts and told them, that isn't ministry, that is working for a pub company and i won't be the overt in doing it. and for another matter, it isn't any of your business how I conduct or don't conduct my particular ministry. That shuts them up as I am somewhat intimidating (as that seems to be the way I have been told that i portray myself). They are at best busy bodies and always want to bother you about somethng. I ignore them for the most part, don't talk to them or with them, i am the proverbial hermit/loner or whatever. but it works i get left alone most all of the time and I like that fine.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

my last month of FS was completely awful! I do think unshaven is going to give you too much attention... best wishes for your fade

• kjw53
    kjw53

Timothy t-- Probably the same words Eve uttered when she decided she didnt need Gods direction anymore after satan lied to her and she believed it. Look where it got the world. So where would you turn.

• sir82
    sir82
    Then it all came didnt it! Taken aside... why arnt u using the tract? Why arent you following the council from the FDS? (Dont get me started on this bullshi*) Why havnt you shaved?

If you've been a JW for more than 5 minutes, why on earth were you expecting anything different?

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your comments!

Desirousofchange: Yes... i question my strategy too! It needs improving! The trouble is, im finding each day that i want to be more and more me, that its showing on the outside. Unfortunately i need to get it right! I dont want to be a hypocrite, but at the same time i dont want to cause unnescary problems for myself. Why does this organisation make me feel like this? I know of so many who have become so disgruntled! WHY??? I thought Jesus load was kindly and light? It certainly doesnt feel light! That tells me something... i believe that im under Jesus load but also i have another load beneath that... AND ITS HEAVIER - all the organisation nonsense! Thats what has tired me out! Serving Jesus is simple and very pleasant! All the organisational stuff annoys me!

SSN587: I like your style. This is how iv conducted my ministry for so long now! No mags or books! Just simpel tracts and THE BIBLE!!! I love it! I should remember that one: Leave me alone and let me do the ministry how i want! :) Cheers!

kjw53: I will turn to God! I had this before with the brother! He was stating that salvation is through the organisation! I am pretty certain that Jesus is the way, the truth and life! John 14:6! At least thats what the bible realy teaches. Iv kind of had enough of listening to this kind of argument about the organisation. Im not dissing it though because i think they have more right than wrong, but i do believe its become too much like a business than an association or cooperation to help people. Seriously, the brother, he is the territory servant, it appears to me he has his priorities completely wrong. He is more concerned about looking good and following oragnisational direction than ACTUALY trying to help and encourage people to look into the bible. I have to be honest, this isnt actualy the direction i wanted to take in my life. I always wanted to be a part of the organisation, but despite all the good things, i dont fit in anymore! I can only hope that Jehovah understands and can read my heart. I have tried so hard to be sincere and im sure he will appreciate that.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Haha Sir82!

I was born into it! Its what iv always expected and what iv been used to! Its only since i changed my entire view of life a few weeks ago that i have no started to question such council! I realised that i dont fit in with the JW ideals now, so that means that other things can change too! Lol... your comment made me smile! :) Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit