• Prefect
    Prefect

Thank You

• fokyc
    fokyc

bttt

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

How long should we conduct Bible Studies? That article brings back memories. I remember a particularly "zealous" elder and his wife in the 1990s using an article in the KM to insist that Bible Stiudies should be conducted for no longer than six months if the person is not progressing toward baptism. Not content with merely practising the direction themselves they went around telling others to stop their studies if they had gone on too long, which didn't exactly make them popular. (They were in fact already unpopular for other similar interferences) I had to laugh when a few months later the KM came out with another article stating that it was okay to have Bible Studies for longer than six months after all. That's the trouble with taking Watchtower directions too seriously, they are liable to move under your feet and make you look stupid if you are too insistant on them.

• Gayle
    Gayle

thanks fokyc,,

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks fokyc, I like to see what they are up to, same old same old usually.

I notice two things this time, firstly, the pushing of the ludicrous "Was Life Created" brochure in May is called a "special campaign" is that just "bethelspeak" or is there going to be something special about it ?

Secondly, if you are inactive ,and attend the Memorial, the Elders will come round to see you a few days later, look forward to that, all you attendees !

• alanv
    alanv

Thanks a lot fokyc.

I cannot believe how much control the society has over the dubs. They have rules for everything, even going as far as telling convention delegates to tip the housekeeper each day if they stay at an hotel. It really makes you wonder why on earth they go to meetings. I thought the idea was to make the individual a better person with a bible trained conscience. That is rubbish. This KM is full of rules telling (not suggesting) the witnesses what to do.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

to go along with alanv, is it me or is the article on the convention extra controlling? its been a while since i been to a meeting (about 3 years) and while I remember those articles being repetitive, and saying stupid things about dress, i dont recall them being so micro managing. i mean, this one tells you how to sleep, how to look at the speaker, look up all the scriptures, how to sit, what to talk about, forcing your kids to pay attention, etc, etc i could go on and on.

its amazing to me how much of a cult this religion has become.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lets hope noone collapses during the convention. By the time the attendant has called a first aider and a first aider decides to call the ambulance a heart attack victim would be dead!!

Total Bullshit!

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

good point, and I wonder if they get billed or something if people in the convention call 911 and request and ambulance?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit