JW Nursing Home web site

by freeborg 23 Replies latest jw friends

• freeborg
    freeborg

Please use the link below to view yet another "charity" in association with the WTS. Have a good read and please pass your comments.

http://www.jah-jireh.co.uk/

• Blackcat
    Blackcat

"The Jah-Jireh homes have been established and are run wholly and solely to give accommodation and care to those members of the community of Jehovah's Witnesses who are in need of residential home care at a time in their life when they need others to care for them."

SO THATS WHERE THE GOVERNING BODY LIVE !!

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

Sounds the ideal scenario for JW's to look after JW's. The reality is somewhat less than ideal.

--"This staffing provided only by Jehovah's Witnesses is absolutely necessary for those times when consolation and spiritual encouragement are necessary to care for the residents."--

It would be interesting to see if someone would challenge this stance. The Race Relations Act in the UK forbids discrimination on religious grounds. What would happen if a qualified person was to apply for a position there, I wonder?

--"We do recognise that the primary responsibility to care for elderly ones lies firstly with their families and secondly with the congregation (see 1 June 1987 Watchtower). However there will be times when this arrangement will not suffice"--

The sad thing is that many of these old people have no family to care for them. When they were younger they were pioneering, being CO' etc and avoiding children because the end was nigh. So now they have no family.

There are a lot more things wrong with this set up but I may leave that for another day.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Pretty successful operation:

Charity Correspondent MR E W DELANEY
    317 LYTHAM ROAD
    WARTON
    PRESTON
    PR4 1TE

Telephone 01772 633380

Website Address WWW.JAH-JIREH.CO.UK

Governing Document TRUST DEED DATED 1 APRIL 1997

Objects THE PROVISION OF HOMES OF ELDERLY JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WHO HAVE NEED BY REASON OF AGE, INFIRMITY OR ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES

Area of Benefit NOT DEFINED

Area of Operation Charity Operates in locations in England and Wales
    GREATER MANCHESTER
    LANCASHIRE
    NATIONAL

Registration History 23 Apr 1997 Registered

Classification

What Medical/Health/Sickness
    Disability
    Accommodation/Housing
    Religious activities

Who Elderly/Old People
    People with a disability/Special Needs
    Other defined groups

How Makes grants to individuals(includes loans)
    Provides human resource(eg staff/volunteers)
    Provides buildings/facilities/open space
    Provides services(eg care/counselling)

Mailing & Submissions Mailing
    Cycle Financial Year Annual Return Accounts
    Received
    Start End Issued Received
    AR6 01 Jan 1997 31 Dec 1997 02 Dec 1997 Below Threshold Below Threshold
    AR7 01 Jan 1998 31 Dec 1998 26 Feb 1999 Below Threshold Below Threshold
    AR8 01 Jan 1999 31 Dec 1999 15 Mar 2000 Below Threshold Below Threshold
    AR00 01 Jan 2000 31 Dec 2000 05 Mar 2001 07 Jan 2002 05 Nov 2001

Financial History Financial Year Start Financial Year End Gross Income Total Expenditure
    01 Jan 1997 31 Dec 1997 £114 £0
    01 Jan 1998 31 Dec 1998 £400 £269
    01 Jan 1999 31 Dec 1999 £350 £2,106
    01 Jan 2000 31 Dec 2000 £812,199 £742,196

• Angharad
    Angharad

I'd forgotten about that place, I had a friend that worked/volunteered there while she pioneered.

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

How do they get past the CO working evenings and nights? Wekends too? Or are all residents well enough to go to meetings with the staff?

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Latte
    Latte

Ivor Hope,

The sad thing is that many of these old people have no family to care for them. When they were younger they were pioneering, being CO' etc and avoiding children because the end was nigh. So now they have no family.

There are a lot more things wrong with this set up but I may leave that for another day.

So true! It is so sad to observe the loneliness which many experience due to the sacrifices you mentioned. So sad......what a price they paid.

Latte

• Ivor Hope
    Ivor Hope

Latte,

I've seen them sitting crying when they think back to the years they have given to the B-Org and the sacrifices they have made, only to find themselves being shunted round, made to get up when they are fast asleep in the morning and put to bed when they are wide awake at night.

• avengers
    avengers

I really don't see anyone cleaning up my shit.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Seems awfully strange that NOWHERE on the page ( http://www.jah-jireh.co.uk/) does one find the WTS's official seal, nor any official words of endorsement by the WTS. Things don't appear to be on the up and up here!

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit