Apostate Psychology

by Spade 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch

No Alice, I don't care about WTS policy. Judge me as u will; s'alright by me. The question is about you. I am who I am and like it. Do you?

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

It means I ignore the trashy posts loaded with profanity and imagery. . .

And you ignore the posts you can't answer. I made two points:

1. A couple of Bible verses out of context do not add up to an "analysis"

2. The wt accepts repentant "apostates" back. So is the Bible wrong or were they wrongly disfellowshipped?

If you claim not to be a troll, answers, please.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Take Spade as seriously as you would David Spade. Wait....David, is that you?

Hahaha good one Unshackled

3Mozzies

• nugget
    nugget

Spade you have built your argument on a false premise. You state that JWs do not use techniques to control members and therefore apostates who believe that are merely trying to find an excuse for their lack of faith. This assumes that the society is worthy of veneration and worship and that those that leave know this and so have to justify their wayward action but denegrating the religion.

If the organisation was the mouth piece of God and was a loving arrangement and did offer spiritual guidance that was based souly on scripture then perhaps the scriptures could be applied here. However the organisation is based on mans interpretation of scripture and there is no evidence that the interpretation is consistent or genuine, it does not provide a loving arrangement since members are hyper critical and judgemental and are made to constantly to feel that more should be done and that they are failing. And scripture takes second place to politics and man's reasoning otherwise why the changes in doctrine and poor decisions that have cost many sincere followers to loose their lives. The society has a long list of shameful acts that provide ample evidence that god is not with them, their own attricition rate speaks volumes.

Anyone who walks away from this organisation is hardly apostacising from christianity as described in the scripture, they are walking away from bad religion, surely the true apostates are those that dress a book publishing company up as the voice of God.

You are an apostate spade by aligning yourself with this damaging cult so read the scriptures again since they apply to you more deeply than they do to me. I pity you.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Spade "For it is impossibleas regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away, to revive them again to repentance..."

Cool. I never claimed to be anointed, so I cant be apostate. That right?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

He's right. I did turn my back on God. And I like it!

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Hahaha You guys have a good sense of humor.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Good sense mixed with humor. Ah Spade, you have a troubled mind. I hope you get help.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Beware, brothers, for fear there should ever develop in any one of you a wicked heart lacking faith by drawing away from the living God; but keep on exhorting one another each day, as long as it may be called “Today,” for fear any one of you should become hardened by the deceptive power of sin. Hebrews 3:12-13

This verse is good evidence as to why the Bible should not be taken so seriously. Talk about senseless melodrama. But for people like you, bent on defacing and exposing anyone entranced within the "deceptive power of sin", it works as an effective tool.

-Sab

• sabastious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit