Recognizing Christ's leadership involves submission to his "brothers." 5/15/2011 WT

by miseryloveselders 30 Replies latest jw friends

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

its simple if the anointed are appointed by the holy spirit like the early appostles then why cant they say the are moved by holy spirit. But of course the gb that claim to have some kind of spirit, we find that the spirit is like a flickering light bulb on off on off oh its on again. my proplem is Jehovah, Jesus, holyspirit, wont give the annointed/GB the right interpertation

• pirata
    pirata

Another way to cooperate with Christ's "brothers" is to have a positive attitutude toward any refinements in our understanding of Scriptural truths as published by "the faithful and discreet slave."

In the article just before that, in one footnote, they dispense with a whole study article worth of information regarding a type and antitype of the olive tree. Evidently there is no type or antitype.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/207028/1/Why-was-the-type-antitype-understanding-of-the-Olive-Tree-thrown-out-May-15-2011-Watchtower

So was the Holy Spirit behind the original type/antitype understanding? Is it behind the new un-understanding?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

"The path of the righteious ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established, "states Proverbs 4:18. Yes Jesus' leadership is progressive, not stagnant. Another way to cooperate with Christ's "brothers" is to have a positive attitutude toward any refinements in our understanding of Scriptural truths as published by "the faithful and discreet slave."-Matt 24:45

Unbelievable! They got their 2 favourite misquoted scriptures in 1 paragraph!

Oh, please!! (Said in the voice of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Another way to cooperate with Christ's "brothers" is to have a positive attitutude toward any refinements in our understanding of Scriptural truths as published by "the faithful and discreet slave."

In other words, view them as being inspired, but don't call them on it when they prove themselves not to be. There's "refinements", and then there's correcting yourself because the supposed "scriptural truths" you published turned out to be utter bs.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The world is sadlylacking ineffective leadership. But how refreshing it is to follow Christ's loving leadership! By all means, let us obey our Leader andcooperate with those he is using today.

Such blatant language meaning:

World = Bad

GB = Obey us

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

This is a classic example of a man made religion standing on twisted interpretations of scripture. I was reading the Book of acts recently with my wife and we came to the account in chapter 15. It is abundantly clear that the gathering of the apostles and older men in Jerusalem was an ad hoc meeting that was never repeated. To somehow draw from that event the conclusion that there was a 1st century Governing Body that all of Christ followers looked to for direction is stupid.

The Governing Body has essentially fired Jesus and taken his job. Praise Jehovah for this new understanding!. Truly the light is getting brighter for the righteous one.

SIAM

• Quendi
    Quendi

As I have pointed out to those JWs who still talk to me on more than one occasion, the WTS completely ignores Christ's own words at Matthew 23:8-12 and John 14:6. The responsibility for leading Christians rests with Christ alone. The faithful and discreet slave was commanded to feed, and not to lead Christians. But the WTS seldom quotes these passages or places the correct emphasis when they are quoted or cited.

For a long time I resisted the characterization of the WTS and its religion as a "cult". There was no way I could think of them as being in the same category as the followers of David Koresh, Jim Jones, or Sun Myung Moon. These articles have completely convinced me that the WTS is a cult. Why else would there be this emphasis on "obedience" and "submission"? You will also note something else that first disturbed me years ago and which I now understand. The WTS publications are put on an equal footing with the Bible itself. The two are mentioned in the same breath and Witnesses are told that they cannot study and read God's Word without the publications being open at the same time to guide their thinking.

The religious vise that Witnesses find themselves in is only getting tighter. With its hopes of Armageddon and the world's end fading, the WTS has evidently decided that enforcement of orthodoxy is the best way to maintain order and discipline. Hence, the Governing Body has now assumed the same position that the Pope has in the Roman Catholic Church. Its ex cathedra pronouncements are not to be challenged or questioned. Its religious doctrines are to be swallowed hook, line, and sinker. And the members are to further isolate themselves from their fellow men and believers. I feel deeply sorry for those who are still trapped in its coils and will continue to keep them in my prayers.

Quendi

• jay88
    jay88

Mad Sweeney-Articles like this push me to the side that says, YES, they ABSOLUTELY know what they're doing.

Totally agree.

What other Magazine Company deliberately condescends their audience, and still remains standing?

This seems to be a INSIDE JOKE among those who permit this stuff to be printed.

The WTBTS followers are the butt end of a inside joke, and the joke isn't haha funny.

It is wasting my entire life giving to a corporation in the name of god type funny.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is another of their self-serving doctrines. Following Christ means following what "the anointed" does, and following their own Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. This by extension means doing the same work they are supposedly doing, which is recruiting others into the cancer. So, following Christ means doing field circus.

Of course, that is all a scam. There is no proof whatsoever that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has actually been chosen--they are just saying that. And what fruits are there to indicate a strong possibility that this Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is actually itself following Christ? Remember, if they are not following Christ despite claiming to, at best you are being scammed into wasting your time and resources and at worst you are heading for damnation.

If those "brothers(??)" are not following Christ, submitting to them does not acknowledge Christ's leadership. And, you will know them by their fruits--isn't that what their own Bible says? So, what are those fruits? I have seen doctrines that make absolutely no sense, always collapsing to more service. Most of them can change from one month, or week, to the next--or even right within the same article. Their writings, supposedly from Christ, are usually scatterbrained, poorly written articles that give stock examples or tie in supposedly excellent products with their own [crap] product. They are also hypocrites--the UN scandal was not Russell, but was in 1991-2002! Many of their current doctrines and teachings are similar to the current doctrines and teachings you will find from the One World Totalitarian Government--at best, hypocrisy (and this is current, not stuff from the 1800s or early 1900s). "New light" cannot explain this--when it is ongoing, when they bash the UN in 1986 only to join in 1991, "new light" is not acceptable.

And, if their teachings don't get you, many of their practices will. Children missing out on all the fun, skipping education so they can pio-sneer, and ending up destitute is not "fine fruit". And neither is having a substantial number of pio-sneers that mooch off the others in the congregation. When you hear "It might be good to support those in full time service" every other service meeting, you are not looking at good fruits. In other words, those who had the foresight to plan ahead need to support those who recklessly pio-sneered and did nothing to plan ahead. (Which sounds very similar to at least one facet of the One World Totalitarian Government in that they are taking from those who produce and giving it to those who don't). Many of these people are stagnant all their lives, accomplishing nothing. Hardly "fine fruits".

Not to mention the severe problems they have. Pedophiles are hiding throughout many of the congregations. And there are those few that kill (and/or eat) babies or that will murder their children (aside those who are coerced to commit suicide with the blood doctrine). The worst part of this is that the congregations will hide such major offenses to protect their own reputation. If they ratted out these major crimes to the police, they would still have a few--but the ones that are hidden would soon be ratted out, and one would not wonder how many other baby-eating incidents there are hidden within the congregation for the one that was exposed. (Yet they will rat you out for smoking a cigarette or betting a dollar on a football game).

If crap like this is going on and being hidden throughout the organization, these leaders are not proving themselves to be Christ's brothers. Remember, Jesus had zero tolerance for corruption at the leadership level. Jesus did not tolerate people that would hide criminals within the organization or that would use it to extort from others. Nor did he tolerate those who bash the "New World Order", then continually make doctrines that mirror this same order or join the major vehicle that is being used to implement it (the UN, at that 5 years after they bashed it). As such, submission to these leaders will not recognize Jesus in any way, shape, or form.

And, it is a complete waste of your time at best.

• B4Right
    B4Right

Here it is again making another change or updating or restating the current "understanding". WT March 15, 2015 pages 26 -27.

1881 - christ brothers were anointed and those on earth after the 1,000 years

- to be a sheep one had to live in Gods way of love

1920 - christ brothers anointed ONLY

- to be a sheep one had to believe in gods kingdom and life in paradise on earth,acknowledge

Jesus as Lord.

1995 - christ brothers anointed ONLY

- to be sheep depended on how you responded to the message

2015 - christ brothers anointed "MEN and WOMEN" (was it just men before???)

-to be sheep one has to have the proper treatment of the anointed and support them in preaching work.

(this means that only Jehovahs Witnesses will be saved at Armageddon - it's the only way one could

even know of christ brothers)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit