Dear Robert

by Mann 52 Replies latest jw friends

• borgfree
    borgfree

Mann, you said:

You came in here and insulted me and expected me to give you a respectful answer? Are you that damn stupid.? Respect is a two way street, if you want it give it, I don't owe your sorry ass a damn thing.
    Jesus said,

"All things, therefore,that you want men to do to you, you also must likewise do to them; this, in fact is what the Law and the Prophets mean."
    Matthew 7:12 NWT

Borgfree

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks
  • sadiejive
    sadiejive

Mann says:

Carmel (Idiot) again if you haven't leaned by now you never will. I am sure any one with just 1/2 of a brain cell is a hell of lot better than you.
    William Penwell Don't try that shit with me.
    If you can't respect my God do you really think I give a damn about you?
    Don't start crying like a little bitch now.
    Read your Bible you idiot.

You represent Jehovah and his son? If this is the true nature of a "Godly" person then I want no part of it.

Who needs to judge you? Look at the words that come out of your own mouth...they judge you. It's not what enters your body that defiles you, it is what comes out (Matt 15:17,18). I'm sorry for you Mann. Perhaps you are just a bitter and hurt person. But as mean and hateful as you have presented yourself to be, Jesus wanted his followers to love all...so with that said, I will keep you in my prayers.

sadie

• JT
    JT

Mann says:

"Don't try that shit with me"

_________

and for a moment i actually thought he was a real jw

cover blown

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Good for you boys, now you can go back to the other J dubs and tell them how you put up for the "fine fight of the faith". You just don't get it. We don't want anything to do with you and your man made organization. You Dubs never respect others points of view and right to believe the way we want to believe. I am not trying to change you Mann & YK and I wish you all the best in your decision to go back to the organization. We can discuss things here but stop trying to change everyone else. It isn't working you know.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mann,

You need to recall that the WTBTS claims to be guided by / part of the faithfull and discrete slave class. Putting the failed prophecies of this WTBTS / FDS down to a mistake is just not good enough. Are you really saying that this "Slave" made ll these mistakes?

1899 "...the ‘battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." (The Time Is at Hand, page 101 - 1908 edition).

1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection." (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, page 89.)

1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914." (The Watchtower 9/1/22, page 262.)

1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." (The Watchtower, PAGE 106 4/1/23.)

1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time...and they also learned to quit fixing dates." (Vindication, page 338.)

1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." (The Watchtower, 9/15/41, page 288.)

1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an ‘end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The ‘end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?...Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them." (Awake, 10/8/68.)

1975? I saw what happened in 1975, I also saw what it cost my parents too.

Some reccomendation, eh?

Englihman

Hey! Now you are an outie, you can dance too!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

People.. people.. if we are going to reach hearts and truly attempt to reason with someone, we should be civilized and act like grown men and women.

Mann, although I heavily disagree with your course of action, I do wish you well.

Just please, before you go attacking me or someone else for making a comment, you incited reaction when you decided to make this post. So I have a few things to say, and I hope you will at least grant me a listening ear.

There is no way to go around disputing the fact that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society has demonstrated over a very long period of time actions and rhetoric that clearly show that it is NOT God's organization. Now before you go off on a tirade in defense, let me finish.

Can you argue the fact that the WTS was registered as an NGO with the United Nations? Agreeing to be a member, for WHATEVER reason, with the very entity that time and again was clearly stated to be Satan's tool on Earth?

That should be enough, but the above is only the first issue that would make someone willing to reason stop and think.

What about "Pay Attention to Yourselves and All the Flock"??

I know for a fact this book exists. My grandfather was an elder for 45 years and I was born into the JW Organization. If it was the Truth, why would they make a secret manual and have so many things to hide? Why would such detailed listings of ways to keep the Rank&File in line be layed out? Is this Christian? You and I both know that is not the case.

What about the enforcement of rules and regulations that hold no Scriptural backing? Over and over again you hear in talks from the platform how the Pharisees were browbeating the people in the 1st Century with laws that burdened and were an overexaggeration of anything that Jesus himself taught was appropriate.

Where in the Bible do you see an account declaring that having a beard or goatee automatically makes you worldly or unChristian? You dont. You may not be a male, but if you confront the Elders about this issue, they strictly enforce it and have no Scriptural reasoning as to why. A few years ago when I was still active I was stripped of mic-carrying priveledges and reading at BS because I had too much stubble on my face. In every depiction of an apostle or Jesus in any WTS literature, they are presented as having full-beards. Now to compartmentalize someone as unChristian or rebellious based solely on their personal taste in grooming? Is that Christian like? No, and you know it.

What about waverance on doctrine or so called "New Light"??

Do your research. Im fortunate enough to have bound-volumes from the 1950's to present. Prophecies and ascertations were made that did not bear fruit.

If the Organization is "inspired" by God, then how can it be wrong? If it is directed by Jehovah's Holy Spirit. How can it change? No where in the Bible did God ever change his mind. Yet the WTS has repeatedly. Whether it was the blood issue, or what constituted rape, or the definition of a "generation".. if you spent any time learning what the Watchtower teacheds, you would know this.

What about dividing families? I wont even touch that, its too personal for me right now.

Believe me Mann, I know it is much more comfortable and secure to convince yourself you have the Truth, that everything is alright, and that somehow the wrongs can be justified. Wake up and smell the coffee girl, I beg of you.

Even if you dismiss what Ive said thusfar, consider this. Dont you find it a bit presumptuous for men who put on their pants in the morning like everyone else, to tell people they are inspired by God and that everyone else is wrong? All throughout history individuals and institutions who have followed that course have done nothing but cause incomparable harm in the name of God.

Consider one of the very foundations of being a Jehovah's Witness. You go door-to-door, expecting everyone else to have an open mind to listen to your beliefs, doctines, and practices, and to potentially convert. Yet, if someone were to refute your claims, and ask you to be JUST as open-minded, as a JW you refuse to do so, for everyone else is wrong or worldly. Do you not see a double-standard here?

Isnt it also a bit presumptuous to believe that roughly 6 million people on this planet are serving the true God.. and that the other 6 billion are ALL wrong? You know just as well as I do those in the JW are imperfect and sin every day, no different than someone else, but a God of love will preserve them and kill someone else's kids? Spare me.

I could continue ranting, but Im irritated enough as it is. So just stop and think for a minute would ya?

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• Mann
    Mann

Reborn First, the name is MANN that should have given you a clue of my sex. I don't know what you are drinking in your coffee but maybe you should leave that shit alone.

I see you are good with putting questions out there but I have a few I would liked answered if you don't mind.

1 Every xjw site has the same common denominator. They all have a big problem with the end of the world not coming durning certain dates in history.

Can any of you explain the scripture Matt 24:44? Do you under stand the importances of that scripture? Read the scripture and take note of the word "you too". Tell me what you think it means.

2 In the year books and other literature I read so many jw's sold their homes and other belongings.

Do you understand this scripture Isa 26:20 .Jehovah is telling his people to into their interior rooms and shut the doors. Why would anyone sell their homes after reading a scripture like this?

3: I have also heard stories of Jw's buying everything they could get their hands on because in their greedy little minds they believed they would not have to pay off the bills, (I mean the end of the world was coming). Where does it say in the scriptues to buy all you can just before the war of God comes?

One person said, "the jw's can't answer any bible questions without the wt literature." I have yet to meet one xjw's who will take the blame for their own greed during this time. They make all kinds of excuses and when that no longer works they try justifying their actions. All the blame is placed on the society. The real truth is; it was the greed that put them in debt. What were they thinking? "I'm going to the new world but I want to make sure I take a brand new dodge ram with me" LOL LOL

4: Do you think the society is made up of perfect men? if not why does it surprise so much when they make mistakes?, why does it surprise you when they are caught with their hands in the cookie jars?,

5: If Jehovah said, he's going to clean out his temple first (which is a clue that there's one religious group he approves of) would not exposing hypocrisy at the very top be part of the cleansing work?

6: (englishman) Do you believe that the apostles who were inspried men of God could no longer make mistakes? if you read that in the Bible show me the verses.

7: What do you think will come from the dateline special that is coming? What do you really believe will happen with the jw's? Do honestly believe it will put an end to the society?

8: Do you really believe the JW's are not God's choosen religion? How often do you treat Jw's bad just because they are part of a group you hate? Are you really that much different?

Just a few let's see how you do.

• shecky2
    shecky2

what's the best to keep an idiot in suspense???
    wait for it, it's coming.

• Mann
    Mann

Just want to add one more thing: So you don't believe the God in heaven will destroy the whole world and leave only a few over in it?

Read the story of Noah. I asked myself how many of those Noah preached to said, "God will not destory us and save only Noah and his family" Only seven people saved out of all the thousands durning that time.He's Jehovah he can do as he pleases. He created you, you didn't create him. You may not like it, but he got it like that.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Mann said..... There's nothing out there, the same old shit keeps going down. (Murder,fornication,drug dealings, children killing children and teachers,adultery, homosexuality, etc)

Oh shit mann, if this is what follows you around, I'm not suprised you're running back with squelching hoes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit