Westboro Baptist Church: Are They Christians?

by whereami 34 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
  • PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Of course Fred Phelps and his clan of inbred Bible bangers are real Christians. Christianity has a long history of bigotry, hatred, violence, threats, fear-mongering, slander, lying, corruption and child abuse. They are probably one of the last sects of true Christians left on earth. Not saying they're right, just saying they are the real deal. They just have the balls and lunacy to show the true toxic face of Christianity, where other sects water it down, candy-coat it and spring for fancy packaging.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Define 'christian'. Seriously.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Pretty much every Christian I've ever known has been, to some degree, bigoted, hateful, prideful, Judgemental, homo-hatin', & hypocritical.

Sounds like traits of the WBC to me. They are just more aggressive about spouting their stupidity than other church groups.

• tec
    tec

Anyone can call themselves a Christian. Just believing in Christ does not mean that a person is following Him. Westboro does not follow what Christ taught, or did.

Tammy

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Definitely Christian.

And they have a scripture to back up all they say. Like God does hate fags. Its in Leviticus.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think the term Radical Christians suits them well just like Al Qaeda can rightly be called Radical Muslims.

-Sab

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They're a bunch of a-holes. If that equates to Christian then okay.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

One thing that makes me cringe,is they make their kids share in this craziness. I saw another group making their kids hand out tracks about the end of the world. And for the first time, I realize how the Witnesses look when they make their children go out in service.

I remember when I was a kid and made to go out in service. Any observer could tell I didn't want to be there.

It's awful having little kids stuck in car seats all morning,and it's dangerous too. Teenage girls going to who knows who's door.

I know this is off topic. But, I just realized how I hate to see parents forcing their children to carry bigoted signs,just brings back haunting memories of a bit lesser kind.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I know this is off topic. But, I just realized how I hate to see parents forcing their children to carry bigoted signs,just brings back haunting memories of a bit lesser kind.

I don't think it's lesser at all. The Watchtower youth regimen is as debauched as it gets.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit