Who are still in and who has left the JW Org? Why?

by STRUGGLE 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Is it just me, or do I smell a hypocrite?

Funny thing is.. YouKnow, for being a faithful Witness with no doubt about Jehovah's provisions.. WHY are you here? Associating with "Apostates", much less DF and DA ones is strictly forbidden, yet you engage in conversation and debate with us, knowing we are DA or DF, and disagree with WTS teachings, on a daily basis.

To compound that WORTHY OF DISFELLOWSHIPMENT OFFENSE youve committed, do you ever keep your word? I seem to recall you posting ever so grandly an exit. That you were leaving this board, and.. low and behold, here you are.

Make up your mind man. Your only making yourself look like you speak out of two sides of your mouth exact opposite things.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

Unofficially Disassociated since December 1995.
    Unofficially because I was an unbaptised studying teenager so they didn't seem to care about the official stuff with me.
    I verbally DAed myself though.

My reason for leaving was I took God very seriously. They didn't.
    I say that because no one I spoke to in all the time I was studying really cared what the Bible said. They were right period and they didn't need to explain why to anyone. So I studied the Bible myself and found that most of their beliefs were not in it. I found that most of the Christians beliefs were abundantly supported by scripture. So I did the only honest thing-- I followed what God wrote to us in his word and became a christian. As a 15 year old at the time I was living with a JW aunt of mine and was kicked out of her home by her and her elder counsel because I would not lie and say I was JW until I was 18. No lie = No home. Good life now! Happy, married, have great 1 year old son, great church, great friends etc.... God is good <>< Angie

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

I DA myself, reasons; their hypocrisy, lies, lack of caring,double standards, what else can I say. Glaaad I'm now free to think for myself, and do what I want. At first found it hard to make new friends, but eventually they came along, now I am happy, happier than I have ever been.These new friends treat me better than JW's ever did,as for family, they don't want to have anything to do with me - their lose.

• freeborg
    freeborg

Stopped going to meetings around 2 years ago, I did attend the memorial last year but I will not be going this year. I am now branded an apostate and have been shunned. Couldnt care less though because I cant stand the WTS and anyone going to any meetings.

Thanks

• JWinSF
    JWinSF

I decided to DA in January 1994 due to my sexual orientation. However, before actually DAing, a friend told me about Raymond Franz's books. I read them. It was then that I knew that even if I was straight, I would still leave the JWs. How could I remain in such a duplicitous religion?

I've never regretted leaving the JWs. And, contrary to the predictions of the JWs [a scare tactic to keep others within the walls of the Organization], my life did not unravel. Instead, it became much better. Oh, sure, there were a few bumps along the way. But, these are bumps that I learned from. The positives of leaving far outweighed the negatives of staying.

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

changed my mind on responding ;-)
    ----------------

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

you know & explorer..

cheee! what a lot of crap!!!

• dmouse
    dmouse

Not DA or DF. Just stopped going.

The reason? Stopped believing in God. No point in having a religion if you don't believe in the Big Cheese!

Until then I was OK with the JWs. Doctrinal issues are irrelevant to me – any position you like can be supported from the scriptures. The bible is no different from the quatrains of Nostradamus.

I don’t like the barbaric custom of shunning, nor beliefs which cause actual bodily harm, like not having blood transfusions. Allowing your child to die because of your belief in the JW religion is the same as a Baal worshipper allowing his child to be sacrificed due to their beliefs, IMHO.

The one thing that astonishes me is how they swallow the ‘end of the world’ crap when we are so obviously better off than our ancestors. I mean, WHY has our life expectancy increased in the last 100 years if it weren’t for the fact that the things which killed us have less effect now? Ask any seismologist if earthquakes have increased since 1914 and they will say there is absolutely NO evidence to support this, rather the reverse. But of course JWs would rather believe that the old farts in Brooklyn know more about these things than the experts.

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

you know & explorer..

that kind of thinking could give u convulsions of the brain cells..

watch out now!!

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Explorer and Youknow. I have a couple of questions. If you feel it is the truth beyond a reasonable doubt than why are you reading this web site? Not that not I'm glad you are. How can you think that Jehovah would use an organization that does the things (Protecting pedophiles, UN, constant changing of doctrine) that JW org does. Jehovah never changes, why would he give his organization the wrong information, have them publish it teach to millions of his people, only to then change it later on. Don't you think he would make sure they got it right the first time! And he would never allow children to be abused and I repeat that NEVER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit