Who are still in and who has left the JW Org? Why?

by STRUGGLE 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

DIM-
    I brought up the whole UN thing to my wife and brother. My brother (an elder) said that it's okay to have doubts. Most JW's have doubts, etc.
    I was hoping that my "confession" would make the elders rush to judgement against me and DF me so that I could have an easy way out. Guess what? That ain't happening! LOL. So, I have no choice but to slowly strip off my so-called spiritual armor and quietly leave the organization.
    I would DA myself, but then, as badwillie often says, that would be playing into the WTS hands.
    My wife, unfortunately, is unwilling to bend on her faith. So, that makes things a little more tricky.

• picosito
    picosito

For me, the Cold Turkey method turned out to be the best way for me to quit the Borg, just as it was the best way for me to quit smoking in order to become a JW. I have no regrets, and can now go about my life in the most creative way possible.

• DIM
    DIM

that sounds like a tough situation, I hope it improves for you Mister Biggs. I'm sort of paving the way for people to just leave me alone once we get to Seattle....my hair is much longer than it used to be (especially since I used to have a very short caesar cut), expressed my doubts to my mom. My mom should have turned me in to my congregations elders w/ the stuff I said to her, but she won't. They know how screwed up the judicial process is. My elders are very old school and hard liners....my wife and I would be given the boot very quickly.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

DIM,
    LOL! I saw you at the last Circuit Assembly. When I saw your hair, I said to my wife, "I guess ****n isn't doing too well with the 'truth'. "
    Little did I realize how much you and I had the same goals.
    By the way, I encouraged your mom-in-law to continue visiting her ill husband, no matter what anyone else tries to tell her.

• badwillie
    badwillie

Hi Mr Biggs & DIM,
    We should jump inot the live chat.
    Biggs...like my profile pic?

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

badwillie-
    Love the pic! LOL!!
    I'm going into chat. I don't want to take away anything from STRUGGLE's post, which hopefully more people will respond to.

• You Know
    You Know

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and have never entertained even the slightest doubt in my mind that Jehovah has been, and presently is, and will even more profoundly in the future, use us to accomplish his will. That's not to say that we aren't going to be severely disciplined for all the mistakes and wrong attitudes we have until the present moment indulged in. On the contrary, an integral aspect of God's wise purpose is to bring himself into judgment with all flesh, beginning with those who are called by his name.

But, even at that, Jehovah's coming disciplinary action against us will fulfill an amazingly broad range of heretofore misunderstood prophecies, thereby conclusively proving that we are not spiritual bastards; in that Jehovah God can humble and rebuke his own. Knowing as we do that the judgment begins with God's own household, that familiar phrase---"And they will have to know that I am Jehovah"---applies more especially to Jehovah's Witnesses, in that while we certainly recognize Jehovah in an intellectual, even nominal way, nonetheless, we certainly have yet to come to know him as the awesome and great God of Judgment; as he has revealed himself in times past in small-scale foregleams of his future revealation.

In brief: The reason that God has allowed falsehood and stumbling to occur among his own people is in order to provide the final answer to Satan's challenge. After all, it is much easier to follow men than it is to follow God. An organization of men would never and could never rebuke themselves in any meaningful and lasting way. In that regard, Isaiah's prophecy says that Jehovah took delight in crushing his Messiah. Not that Jehovah took sadistic pleasure in seeing Jesus abused and tortured, not at all, but Jehovah took pleasure in seeing his dear Son stand up to the Devil and spit in his eye and take the Devils withering punishment without cursing Jehovah.

So when the Scriptures speak of Christians bearing the reproach of Christ we get some idea of the issues involved. Of course, in Christ's case he was totally innocent. On the other hand, we fully merit God's displeasure and rebuke for having brought reproach upon his name; nontheless, our bearing the rage of Jehovah in the oncoming judgment period will similarly finally answer the Taunter's challenges in our case as well and allow Jehovah to show his undeserved kindness when he finally takes up and argues our legal case. My hope and intention is to be left standing after the gavel falls and the smoke has cleared. / You Know

• Explorer
    Explorer

You Know :

I agree a 100 % with your reasoning, and fully support your determination for keeping yourself loyal to Jehovah, and his human Organization on earth. All those problems inside it will have to be eventually taken care of, just like it has always happened in the past with Jehovah's people when they have needed discipline.

I guess one of the biggest cause of confusion among loyal ones to the Org. and those dissenting is the very concept of what to expect from Jehovah's Organization on earth. I myself find solid Biblical grounds for believing the current people of God in earth are no different from those early Christians of the 7 congregations. Many of those lacking real love, many others judgemental, without full understanding of some parts of the scriptures, some involved in fornication and unclean activities, and even others wolves, and predators of their brothers's faith.

Yet no one here believes they were not God's Organization at that time...why?, I mean they were so clearly not the image of Christ. Yet they were true christians AS A WHOLE. My point is Jehovah's Organization on earth has never been what we would expect, why? because we expect the wrong things, and do not understand Jehovah's purposes well as He himself remind us of in The Scriptures.

Anyone who reasons now Jehovah's Witnesses are not Jehovah's people on account of thier terrible mistakes, and even sins, fools himself with another kind of reasoning to get to the conclusion that the 7 congregations of Asia were however in spite of those same sins the authentic congregation of the Living God.

Struggle

Try to answer that question in your heart. What's the difference between those two groups. If one today is not God's people, what qualifies the other in the past to be the real thing in spite of all unclean things going on among them? Could it be that none of the two qualify as Christians. Whatever you reason, just reason applying the same criteria will you?

Explorer

• Lari
    Lari

I have been DFed since about May 2000. I had stopped going to meeting for several months. Then my sister suspected I had a boyfriend and was having sex. She approached me and asked me to come clean with the elders. Her Conscience was killing her but she didn't want to go behind my back. I went ahead and called an elder, said - hey Im living with my boyfriend, do what you need to do.

I wasnt living with him at the time but it seemed like a good definitive sin. 'Cause just sex might be something I could stop right away. I refused to meet with them. I had made my decision and that was it. I do now realize that I should have made a more gradual escape and faded to black. Oh well.

I left because I was tired of never measuring up. No matter what I did to devote myself, they org wanted more. There seemed to always be something else I could give up for "Jehovah's Service". College, Kids, Career, People, TV... I'm all for bettering oneself but geez!

Its still hard. I am very slowly making friends, the real kind who you dont have to fear will rat you at at the earliest opportunity.

Hooray for Real Life.

• LB
    LB

Struggle I'm with you on this one. The way witnesses treat DFed ones is very harsh and unloving. I've always thought that an "unrepentent" sinner could be announced as such, and then shown an extra measure of love to help them make changes. But cutting them off is NOT a loving provision.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit