The Evolution of God

by Spade 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

I like that God is evolving and keeping up with the rest of us

• trevor
    trevor

In the UK Simon Cowell is God. America is slowly waking up to this. I have watched him evolve from a penniless pop-song promoter into God.

He is real and can be seen and spoken to. He may even let you audition for a place in his elevated orbit while he watches from his throne.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I don't get the point of this post. Have you read The Evolution of God? Or are you just using it's mere existence and summary of content as a conversation starter? I have read the book and it provides some compelling evidence-based answers to the very questions posed in your post.

Logically, questions come to mind. From where did all these religions come? Since there are marked differences as well as similarities among them, did they start independently, or could they have developed from one source? In fact we might ask: Why did religion begin at all? And how? The answers to these questions are of vital importance to all who are interested in finding the truth about religion and religious beliefs.

I agree with that last sentence. It reminds me of the opening to Mankind's Search for God, published by JWs (which I noticed the blogger credited in the original post). Funny thing is, that book was a HUGE part of getting me on the road to find out the truth about the "Truth." I read it and found its cursory examination of other religions to be inadequate. I set out to get further clarity on the religions mentioned in the book. Bottom line, that book didn't effectively answer it's own questions. It didn't hold JWs up to the same criteria that it used to deem other religions unfit. Unfair play. In my extensive research, I've found overwhelming evidence against the JW idea of where all religions came from. The JW view is rather naive and pretends to be ignorant of much of the available evidence. Or maybe they aren't pretending. Cherrypicking, prehaps?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

God can change, the bibel certainly gives the impression that he can "change his mind" and even be "argued" out of a preconcieved plan ( perhaps).

This is NOT a bad thing of course, God would be a pretty weak God if he was "unchangeable".

Of course God changes within the very confines of WHO and WHAT God is, that remains unchangeable.

Of course OUR understanding of God, of His will and love for us does indeed Change and, hopefully, evolves.

Certianly the bible is evidence of that.

We have to remember that God speaks to us not ONLY in the BIble, but via His WORD, Christ and via his WORKS, the universe around Us.

• glenster
  • Spade
    Spade
    I don't get the point of this post. Have you read The Evolution of God? Or are you just using it's mere existence and summary of content as a conversation starter?

Conversation starter. I don't agree with Robert Wright's analysis of how religion developed;

• losthobbit
    losthobbit

I read up to this point "Spiritism (spirit communication) has been validated by many contemporaries, among them scientists and philosophers who attended séances and studied the phenomena."

??? really??? Which "scientist"?

Derren Brown's a famous English magician who can perform all the seance & spirit communication tricks... and he admits that they're all tricks and doesn't believe spirits are involved at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit