Your favorite Chapter from 'Crisis of Conscience?'

by Joliette 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I would have to say that my favorite chapters are 'Points of Decision' and the 'Aftermath' chapter.

What about yours?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, I don't know what Chapter it's in, but the part about Malawi fuckin' blew my mind ! How the brothers in Mexico I believe it was (could be wrong been awhile since I read the book) got a so called "pass" , but our faithful brothers in Malawi got there black behinds beaten and torn apart was really one of the most impactful chapters of the whole book! Especially since I remember them being mentioned in the late 60's in the closing comments at the Ministry School when I was kid !

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ Yes the malawi thing was nuts! I dont know what the big boys in brooklyn were smoking but I'm stay far away from it.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I'll tell you exactly what they were thinking.

"The Malawians are poor and don't own land so who gives a shit what happens to them, plus they're Africans so nobody else will care either."

• Reality79
    Reality79

I haven't read COC yet, but that's one of the many reasons why I made the point in another thread that the Watchtower society is an organisation black people should keep the hell away from. My brothers and sisters in Malawi were just canon fodder and lost their lives over NOTHING.

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ So true. That malawi thing was just nuts.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I haven't read it for such a long time, need a refresher, the Malawi chapter was good, ISoCF had a section that graphically described someone slowly dying through not taking blood, harrowing as it was it blew me away on how narrow minded,pig ignorant the GB are in still enforcing the policy.

• t33ap80c
    t33ap80c

I have a favorite paragraph from "Crisis of Conscience." That's where Ray said...

"I try in my own mind and heart to understand the feelings of all [Jehovah’s Witnesses], including those of the Governing Body. Based on my own experience among them I believe that they are, in effect, the captives of a concept.

"The concept or mental image they have of "the organization" seems almost to take on a personality of its own, so that the concept itself controls them, moves them, or restrains them, by molding their thinking, their attitudes, their judgments…Theconcept of "the organization"… becomes, in fact, the dominant, controlling force."

That's the paragraph that inspired me to write the book "Captives of a Concept."

Don Cameron

• seek2find
    seek2find

When I first read the book, was in 1995 and I read an earlier copy. At the time the 3rd chapter was "Double Standards" it was the most eye opening to me.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Malawi. People were robbed, beaten, raped, and murdered over a stupid cardboard ID card.

And the WTBTS cold-heartedly made it worse by treating it as a publicity game with that idiotic letter-writing campaign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit