Email from mom: First Prophecy in at least 20 years fulfilled in the last two weeks ...

by Soldier77 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    Hi Soldier77,
    If you get a chance, read the latest Daniel Publication (about 11 years old ...) on page 59-60. Whats happening in the middle east and north Africa is a fulfillment of that prophecy.
    Love,
    Mom

So I dust off the ole CDROM and look it up and this is what it says:

A FRAGILE AMALGAM
    25 Daniel next told Nebuchadnezzar: “Whereas you beheld the feet and the toes to be partly of molded clay of a potter and partly of iron, the kingdom itself will prove to be divided, but somewhat of the hardness of iron will prove to be in it, forasmuch as you beheld the iron mixed with moist clay. And as for the toes of the feet being partly of iron and partly of molded clay, the kingdom will partly prove to be strong and will partly prove to be fragile. Whereas you beheld iron mixed with moist clay, they will come to be mixed with the offspring of mankind; but they will not prove to be sticking together, this one to that one, just as iron is not mixing with molded clay.”—Daniel 2:41-43.
    26 The succession of world powers represented by the various parts of the image in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream began with the head and extended down to the feet. Logically, the feet and toes of “iron mixed with moist clay” would symbolize the final manifestation of human rule that would exist during “the time of the end.”—Daniel 12:4.
    27 At the dawn of the 20th century, the British Empire ruled over every fourth person on earth. Other European empires controlled millions more. But World War I resulted in the emergence of groups of nations in place of empires. After World War II, this trend accelerated. As nationalism developed further, the number of nations in the world grew dramatically. The ten toes of the image represent all such coexisting powers and governments, for in the Bible the number ten at times signifies earthly completeness.—Compare Exodus 34:28; Matthew 25:1; Revelation 2:10.
    28 Now that we are in “the time of the end,” we have reached the feet of the image. Some of the governments pictured by the image’s feet and toes of iron mixed with clay are ironlike—authoritarian or tyrannical. Others are claylike. In what way? Daniel associated the clay with “the offspring of mankind.” (Daniel 2:43) Despite the fragile nature of clay, of which the offspring of mankind are made, traditional ironlike rulerships have been obliged to listen more and more to the common people, who want their say in the governments ruling over them. (Job 10:9) But there is no sticking together of authoritarian rule and the common people—no more than there could be a uniting of iron with clay. At the time of the image’s demise, the world will indeed be politically fragmented!
    29 Will the divided condition of the feet and toes cause the entire image to collapse? What will happen to the image?
    A DRAMATIC CLIMAX!
    30 Consider the climax of the dream. Daniel told the king: “You kept on looking until a stone was cut out not by hands, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and of molded clay and crushed them. At that time the iron, the molded clay, the copper, the silver and the gold were, all together, crushed and became like the chaff from the summer threshing floor, and the wind carried them away so that no trace at all was found of them. And as for the stone that struck the image, it became a large mountain and filled the whole earth.”—Daniel 2:34, 35.
    31 By way of explanation, the prophecy continued: “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; forasmuch as you beheld that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the molded clay, the silver and the gold. The grand God himself has made known to the king what is to occur after this. And the dream is reliable, and the interpretation of it is trustworthy.”—Daniel 2:44, 45.
    32 Appreciating that his dream had been called to mind and explained, Nebuchadnezzar acknowledged that only Daniel’s God was “a Lord of kings and a Revealer of secrets.” The king also gave Daniel and his three Hebrew companions positions of great responsibility. (Daniel 2:46-49) What, though, is the modern-day significance of Daniel’s ‘trustworthy interpretation’?
    ‘A MOUNTAIN FILLS THE EARTH’
    33 When “the appointed times of the nations” ended in October 1914, “the God of heaven” established the heavenly Kingdom by enthroning his anointed Son, Jesus Christ, as the “King of kings and Lord of lords.” (Luke 21:24; Revelation 12:1-5; 19:16) So it was that by divine power, not by human hands, the Messianic Kingdom “stone” was cut out of the “mountain” of Jehovah’s universal sovereignty. This heavenly government is in the hands of Jesus Christ, upon whom God has conferred immortality. (Romans 6:9; 1 Timothy 6:15, 16) Hence, this “kingdom of our Lord [God] and of his Christ”—an expression of Jehovah’s universal sovereignty—will not be passed on to anyone else. It will stand forever.—Revelation 11:15.
    34 The birth of the Kingdom took place “in the days of those kings.” (Daniel 2:44) These were not only the kings pictured by the ten toes of the image but also those symbolized by its iron, copper, silver, and gold parts. Although the Babylonian, Persian, Grecian, and Roman empires had passed away as world powers, their remnants still existed in 1914. The Turkish Ottoman Empire then occupied the territory of Babylonia, and national governments were functioning in Persia (Iran) and Greece and Rome, Italy.
    35 God’s heavenly Kingdom will soon strike the symbolic image on its feet. As a result, all the kingdoms pictured by it will be broken to pieces, bringing them to an end. Indeed, at “the war of the great day of God the Almighty,” that “stone” will strike with such crushing impact that the image will be ground to powder and the wind of God’s storm will sweep it away like the chaff of a threshing floor. (Revelation 16:14, 16) Then, like the stone that grew to mountainous size and filled the earth, God’s Kingdom will become the governmental mountain that will affect “the whole earth.”—Daniel 2:35.
    36 Though the Messianic Kingdom is heavenly, it will extend its power toward our globe for the blessing of all obedient inhabitants of the earth. This stable government “will never be brought to ruin” or be “passed on to any other people.” Unlike the kingdoms of dying human rulers, “it itself will stand to times indefinite,” forever. (Daniel 2:44) May you have the privilege of being one of its subjects eternally.

So sounds like my mom, and I'm sure others still within the org, are looking at this revolution/s as fullfillment of Daniel prophecy. I have been to the meetings in a while so I don't know if they are playing these current events up, but I'm sure this will be more heard of throughout the globe soon if it hasn't already hit the JW airwaves.

Anyone else hear of this type of scenario with these particular current events with family/friends still in? What do you all think about this? An event to use the ole fullfillment of prophecy scam to get more suckers recruited?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

From what I remember, Middle-East-specific events were never really featured prominantly in "official" WT eschatology, but then, neither were terrorists crashing jets into skyscrapers, and that didn't stop some JWs from getting all hot and bothered after 9-11.

• sir82
    sir82

Hmmm, revolution in the middle east....

Yep this is unprecedented. At no time in the past 5000 years has there ever been turmoil over there.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

LOL, Sir82!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They are going to see what they want to see.

When you come back with "What about the failure of the 1975 prophecy" they scream at you can call you an apostate. But whenever something matches up with what one of their publications say, they scream "See! See! Time of the end!"

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. That is about the same success rate the WTBTS hits at.

• zoiks
    zoiks

sir82-

Soldier- my mom said almost the exact same thing to me this weekend. I'm sure the level of excitement among JWs over EVERY SINGLE world event is proportional to the increasing dissonance with each passing year in this wicked old system of things.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Tell her you looked up the info on the CD-Rom and found in fascinating, but that you are confused about one thing-

"Who is currently the King of the North?"

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

So where does Rommel and the Africa Corps versus Montgommery and the Desert Rats fit in to the prophesy about North Africa massive tank battles going on in the1940s not to mention a couple of oil tankers on their way from Italy to Rommel being blown up by the RAF .

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

The Daniel book is still 'present truth', but how she see's a link with the Middle East situation is not clear. My father said something similar to me recently; how these events 'line up with the book of Revelation'. Of course, there were no specifics as to how this is true and it does not even follow what the Society teaches. Then again, I've heard that the Berlin Wall falling was a fulfillment of Bible prophecy, the 'peace' during Clinton's administration was the prelude to "sudden destruction", and 9/11 was more fulfillment of Bible prophecy. I guess we are in a state of perpetual fulfillment. How happifying!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How can they NOT find it absurd that the prophecy supposedly began its fulfillment in 1914 but STILL hasn't finished yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit