Will Humanity Bring About a New World Order?

by Spade 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Spade
    Spade

http://www.watchtower21.org/2011/02/will-humanity-bring-about-new-world.html Will humanity bring about a New World Order through government?

The CIA in the New World Order: Intelligence Challenges Through 2015 Remarks by John C. Gannon Chairman, National Intelligence Council to the Smithsonian Associates’ "Campus on the Mall"

February 1, 2000

So, what, in shorthand, will the picture look like over the next fifteen years? My one-sentence encapsulation would say the following: "Globalization will provide mankind with the unprecedented opportunity to improve the quality of human life across the planet; but progress will be hampered by economic volatility, by the political and security implications of sharpening inequalities in income, and by the growing threat from multiple, relatively small-scale programs of weapons of mass destruction." By contrast with the massive but arguably contained Soviet threat, we now face a serious challenge from lesser developed—and less disciplined—states , well-financed international terrorist groups, and powerful individuals with increasingly easy access to conventional explosives and to biological, chemical, and, to a lesser extent, nuclear weapons, along with the missile systems to deliver them. The bottom line is that these adversaries, who are often motivated by ideological rage or ethnic hatred, will have fewer and less powerful weapons than the Soviets, but are more likely to use them!

Tonight, I will try to describe the world as we see it evolving over the next 15 years, and I will attempt to assess the impact of all this on the intelligence business. I hope this broad approach will set the stage for the seven distinguished speakers who will follow me in this series on intelligence in the new world order. I assure you that these folks, many of them my colleagues and friends, will feel free to elaborate on any point I make or to disagree, if so inclined. There obviously is no single or simple response to the challenges we face. Some debate would be healthy!

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I prefer the White Dragon approach. Google it.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Whoopsy-daisy!!

I think Alice meant to post this on the "drunken gibberish" thread.

• dgp
    dgp

The link here takes to a page where Watchtower ideas are discussed. The implication in that article, as here, is that humans can't produce a new world order, but YHWH can.

For example,

Jehovah God wants to see an end to sickness, suffering, and death. Long ago, he made provision to rescue humanity from these problems. The Bible book of Revelation foretells a time when God will intervene in human affairs. Of that time, we read: "[God] will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away." These sweeping changes will not come as a result of the scientific breakthroughs of humans, many of whom do not even admit the existence of God, much less praise him. No, the passage continues: "The One [Jehovah God] seated on the throne said: 'Look! I am making all things new.'"—Revelation 21:4, 5.

It's no use discussing with The Faithful and Discreet Spade. For the sake of others who may read this,

Yes, mankind has the ability to improve the world to a great extent. Perhaps it won't be perfect, but it certainly will be a lot better than it would be if everyone sat down and did nothing, on the assumption that the Big Guy will come "very soon" and will correct everything. I think that's not so much the behavior of the religious as it is the behavior of the lazy, or the free-loader who won't move a finger but will certainly not mind to take advantage of somebody else's sweat.

People who didn't believe the end was near, and who didn't believe some guy from above would change things in a snap of the fingers worked hard to produce the things we have today. I suppose that Louis Pasteur wouldn't have made any vaccines if he had thought that it was messing with God's plan and that "it was shining the brass of a sinking ship". Fortunately for millions, he didn't think so.

If YHWH were to come and straighten everything, what the hell is he waiting for? If we assume he exists, he's somewhere sitting on his ass while those soon to be destroyed are indeed working to improve mankind's lot. I have the feeling that Mr. YHWH is less of a kind heart than Mr. Pasteur was, for example. And if things can indeed be improved, why would most of mankind have to die?

I say, this is a lie, this way of thinking is not only deluded but dangerous, and it's about time we stop wasting our time in this nonsense.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Somehow, I get the impression that Spade's elders would find his post to be very worldly in nature.

Villabolo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Villabolo..

Spade/AliceinWonderland has no Elders..

Alice isn`t a JW..

Alice is a WBT$ Cheerleader for reasons no one knows..

...........................OUTLAW

• villabolo
    villabolo

Outlaw: "Alice is a WBT$ Cheerleader for reasons no one knows.."

He must be one very sick...

Villabolo

• Spade
    Spade
    It's no use discussing with The Faithful and Discreet Spade. For the sake of others who may read this,
    Yes, mankind has the ability to improve the world to a great extent. Perhaps it won't be perfect, but it certainly will be a lot better than it would be if everyone sat down and did nothing, on the assumption that the Big Guy will come "very soon" and will correct everything. I think that's not so much the behavior of the religious as it is the behavior of the lazy, or the free-loader who won't move a finger but will certainly not mind to take advantage of somebody else's sweat.
    People who didn't believe the end was near, and who didn't believe some guy from above would change things in a snap of the fingers worked hard to produce the things we have today. I suppose that Louis Pasteur wouldn't have made any vaccines if he had thought that it was messing with God's plan and that "it was shining the brass of a sinking ship". Fortunately for millions, he didn't think so.
    If YHWH were to come and straighten everything, what the hell is he waiting for? If we assume he exists, he's somewhere sitting on his ass while those soon to be destroyed are indeed working to improve mankind's lot. I have the feeling that Mr. YHWH is less of a kind heart than Mr. Pasteur was, for example. And if things can indeed be improved, why would most of mankind have to die?
    I say, this is a lie, this way of thinking is not only deluded but dangerous, and it's about time we stop wasting our time in this nonsense.

In light of divine prophecies, Jehovah's Witnesses do not waver from working hard and working good towards others.

In fact, also, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10

Let us hold fast the public declaration of our hope without wavering, for he is faithful that promised. And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near. Hebrews 10:23-25

Let the stealer steal no more, but rather let him do hard work, doing with his hands what is good work, that he may have something to distribute to someone in need. Ephesians 4:28

Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, awaiting and keeping close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which [the] heavens being on fire will be dissolved and [the] elements being intensely hot will melt! But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell. 2 Peter 3:11-13

• villabolo
    villabolo

Spade, I guess the answer to your rhetorical question is that only the Jehovah's Witnesses can bring about a "New World Order", whatever that means. Here's a foretaste of what it will be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7j2TrjXUc&feature=related

Villabolo

• Spade
    Spade
    Spade, I guess the answer to your rhetorical question is that only the Jehovah's Witnesses can bring about a "New World Order", whatever that means. Here's a foretaste of what it will be like:

Getting way off topic, but none-the-less, your concerns can answered.

http://www.watchtower21.org/2010/09/media-spotlight.html

Legitimate support groups for abuse victims of religious organizations are backed by real evidence and all Christian denominations including Protestant Churches are generally represented by the same central group. Jehovah's Witnesses and the elders that serve in Christian congregations around the world cannot be found in this group or similar networks.

SNAP - The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests

The only organization with a focus on Jehovah's Witnesses (Silent Lambs) is administered by a former member of Jehovah's Witnesses, a former elder (Bill Bowen) and is in reality nothing more than a slanderous religious hate group masquerading as a support group for victims of abuse. Continued...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit