Breaking News in Libya Just now

by Iamallcool 21 Replies latest social current

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Khaddafi's son gave a recent speech saying these protests are instigated by Israeli extremists trying to covertly overthrow his family's governorship

of the country. Talk about bullshitting to save his ass.

If these killings of these protesters doesn't stop the UN could step in and vote to intervene a human rights motion.

Its a interesting anomaly in how the use of cell phones has taken now such an important role in the organization of these protests in these middle

eastern countries. This technical innovation in the age of information is creating an open and uncontrolled dialog on to peoples self expression,

something high controlling autocratic dictators didn't have to be concerned about a couple of decades ago.

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

Yeah, if all else fails, use the old 'Zionists did it' line.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Check out the video on the Wisconsin thread Satanus.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks. The title caught my eye. Is that the one where the guy is talking arabic, or whatever. Mine is a little rusty.

S

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL, yes, but you can hit the "interactive transcript" over on the right just before comments start.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Kay.

S

• leavingwt
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The UN is completely useless.

It sucks.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It sucks.

True that - but, then, I have yet to hear Obama speak up about Libya either.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis
    It sucks.

True that - but, then, I have yet to hear Obama speak up about Libya either. True that-but then Ron Paul, representing the Tea Party and promoting his book this morning on Good Morning America, didn't have the balls to "speak up about Libya either."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit