Breaking News in Libya Just now

by Iamallcool 21 Replies latest social current

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Situation in Libya appears to worsen with reports that helicopters fired on protesters. CNN working to confirm.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Yes, I have been following it on another forum.

Seems the main bad actor is the son (proposed heir) of Muammar Khaddafi. Unbelievably, he blamed the trouble on "illegal immigrants".

In other news, Bahrain seems to also be in trouble - the Bahrain Formula One race has been "postponed" until at least November and very likely cancelled for this year because the FIA is worried about crowd control.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Aljeerza is covering it pretty well right now

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

c_eichenmueller‎ RT @habibahamid: Never have I read such a chronology of grief, pleas for help, isolation and anger as that of twitter streams tonight #Libya Twitter - seconds ago

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wouldn't it be strange if wisconsin protesters and those in the arab countries linked up?

S

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You know when dictators do things like this , they themselves will most likely be caught and put in front of a firing squad.

Losing all that power, notable worship and control of all that wealth is just too much for some dictators to let go of.

Quite frankly I hope they do catch this guy and string him up in public.

It might give the other dictators ruling out there around the world a picture of what might happen to them.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Ticker on Aljazeera

Two military planes land in Benghazi-pilots will not attack protesters

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I never realised you could watch Aljazeera live on the Internet. It looks good, and obviously much more outspoken about British complicity with the Libyan regime than reports from the BBC.

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

I can never tell if those people are protesting or cheering. What's going on, a few whispers in the dark and they all start jumping up and down playing follow the leader?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Ticker on Aljazeera

Two military planes land in Benghazi-pilots will not attack protesters

Sorry, this is wrong, planes landed in Malta, defecting, would not attack protesters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit