Mother, wife, myself, DA'ing ourselves

by ashitaka 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Well, I've finally had it. I'm DA'ing myself, along with a piece of my fam. The unbaptised ones are refusing to go with my father now, and even my still devout father is leaning towards our opinion on things.

There wasn't even any screaming when I called the JW's The Great Hypocrisy last nite.

I just can allow myself to be associated with them in any way. I get sick thinking about all the hurt they've caused. I don't want to be linked to them in any way. I'd appreciate some links to threads with offical-like DA'ing letters, with lawyer threat in them, and such.

I've seen abuse of every kind, unkindness of every kind, bizzarre behavior of every kind. I've had it.

I've had so many last straws in this religion-I could build a tunnel to the moon with them.

I'm so angry while writing this. I want revenge in so many ways; for my JW mother, who missed out on all of my birthdays and Christmas', on her parents holiday get-togethers, on her family growing close. Now her parents are dead, and dust cannot forgive the guilt she feels in losing them.

My father, brainwashed for 25 years has finally realized he wasted his life, and damaged his family. The look on his face is only guilt. I get sick when I think about how much of a success he could have been. He's a smart man who gave up his education on the advice of men who ignored their own advice. They're making 85,000 a year now, elders, and still giving bad advice.

I feel sorry for my sister, who is marrying a wonderful JW man (who probably won't be a JW for long), but who has been brutalized his whole life, and has been threatened that his entire family will abandon him, simply because he is having my wife and I in the wedding. They called him a disgrace, and a failure. This is a sweet guy with a big heart, who's been sickly a lot of his life. He has a good job and a balanced view of life, and yet he is about to be abandoned by his loving{said with a sneer} family.

I feel sorry for my 13 YO brother, for the years of Watchtower abuse my father has bestowed on him. Studies, forbidden to play sports, etc. The list goes on.

I am deeply sad for my wife, who is a gem among humans, and who will never been seen as more than walking dust by her bizzarre JW parents. They cling like ivy to the words of the WTBTS, and I really think they would kill themselves if the WTBTS ever went defunct. That's what the WTBTS has done to them. Two successful people routed by the path they chose. They've had three children, and all of them have been suicidal-not so great a track record for parents who think they are treasures among men.

My wife will not remember her wedding day without remembering that her parents weren't there, because they enforced the opinions of elders on their daughter.

Still, even more than that, although I never admit it, I'm sad about my own life, all of the beautiful chances I never took, worldly friends I cast away, family I had to pull from the edge of the obscure JW maw back into the peace of logic; I'm disturbed by all of it.

I want to end my association with these heathens once and for all. I will not regret one surly glance, not one uncomfortable moment at the supermarket from these hypocrites. It will only prove my point further.

I remember being young, and wanting to save my worldly best friend 'from the clutches of Satan', as my father put it. Know what my friend said when I talked about being a JW?

"Why would you want to be a JW for? Isn't your dad always mean to you? My dad's not anything, and he's always nice to me."

My five year old worldly friend knew more than most JW's know, period.

ashi

• sf
    sf

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

• SexyTeen
    SexyTeen

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
    {{{{{{{{KISSES, WET TONGUE}}}}}}}}}
    {{{{{{{{KICK IN THE ASS}}}}}}}}

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Yoyo,

You reaffirm every point I made.

Hugs right back to you.

Faith without thought and logic is dead, yoyo.

ashi

• Celia
    Celia

Ashi, congratulations !
    Thinking of you and your family.
    You're gonna make it.
    {{{{{hugs}}}}}

• Angharad
    Angharad

Good luck Ash & family. It will get easier {{{{HUGS}}}}

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

GO ON BROTHER-MAN! Get your "administrative" groove on and let'em have it! A million congratulations to you and your wonderful, loyal, supportive family.

Despite the years of mistakes and suffering, you guys can still make a great life! Stick together. Help each other get back to school. Travel together, see the world! Make friends, take risks! LIVE!

• picosito
    picosito

Thanks for sharing all that, Ashi. This process is part of how we all can "cause the most damage to the WT" (from Jim Dee's Jan 31 post), by sharing what we've gone through, what family members have gone through because of WTS' policies, and how we want all the world to know it, so that possible WTS converts can have a balance of info input, and so that faders on this site can be encouraged to assert their integrity as to what they want to do with themselves and the life they have left to live.

To paraphrase Patrick Henry: "Give me liberty to live, and do NOT give me spiritual and emotional slavery, abuse and death as a JW."

• borgfree
    borgfree

ashitaka,

Congratulations. You can email Keith MacGregor at the following link and I am sure he will provide you with a sample DA letter like you describe. http://www.macgregorministries.org/

Borgfree

"Without knowledge there can be no genuine faith--only superstition on the one hand or speculation on the other" Robert Banks
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

everyone,

thanks for all the kind words.

BFree,

thanks so much. i'm going there right now.

ashi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit