last day at the kingdom hall

by ex-Special Pioneer 67 Replies latest jw friends

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

PROLOGUE

Get out” shouted the audience “you must be ashamed of yourself.” The crowd was in a hysterical state, every time that we tried to say something we were silenced by the clapping and screams which got louder and louder of the majority of the two hundred people in attendance. “Get out of here” were the word that kept echoing in our ears. People were standing up from the theatre seats and gesticulating there hands in the direction of the stairs that leads to the main exit door. During this commotion some present there in a rage of anger stood up from their seat and run to our direction. If it wasn’t for some present who managed to restrain them they would have assault us. A member in the audience (well known for his strength) seeing what was going on came immediately to defend us. He assured us that he will not tolerate anyone to touch us. The four of us seeing this uproar decided that it is better to exit from the hall as soon as possible. Nathalie's face was a mask of terror, terrified and frightened from the chaos and confusion that was taken place could not hold from crying. She could not belief that these were the same people that few days before we used to refer to each other as “brothers and sisters.”

It was Sunday 11th September 1994 (9/11) a day that none of us will forget. That was the last day that we entered in this building which is registered as a place of worship and carries the outsign sign which reads “Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” But what were we doing over there? What was it that triggered this violent and intolerant reaction from the audience? What were we doing among this group?

• who_R_U_kidding
    who_R_U_kidding

Will you explain the rest of the story or please remove the so called Prologue of bad experience at a Kingdom Hall ?

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

That was the day when it was announced that we had disassociated ourselves from the JWs Org. The rest I hope will come latter as I am in the process of writing which after all these years is still very painful to write about.

• laverite
    laverite

I'm sure I don't know. In response to your three questions: What, what, and what?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm looking forward to reading more. Never heard it played out quite that dramatically before. Guess it could happen, but usually there is just silence after the announcement. What'd you guys do, start explaining or reading your letter as to why you left? I guess that'd do it. No elder likes the thunder taken from him while he's on stage. Please, do write more.

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

STRANGERS AT OUR DOOR

It was the start of the southern summer of 1967 and the weather was quite warm. Christmas was not far away. At home mum was putting some decorations around the Christmas tree that she had just bought and listening the radio singing “Silence is Golden” by Tremeloes . Charles my eldest brother was fast asleep when suddenly mum heard a knock on our door. She was not expecting anybody at that time so she was curious to find out who came. She rushed towards the main door. When she opened the door on our porch were two women both nicely dressed.

One of them in her late fifties introduced herself and said that they are participating in a “Christian work” trying to encourage people to read the Bible. My mother not knowing who they are taught that they are from the local parish church and that this “Christian work” is something to be praised and recommended. Duiring the conversation the unexpected visitors could tell that my mother was not an Australian, so they enquired from which country she is coming. Mum replied that both my father and herself are Maltese. They informed her that among their members they do have some Maltese “brothers” and if she would like she could arrange to send them to visit both my parenets. She asked mum, when it will be best for them to come. Mum said that the best will be on a Friday. Before they left they informed her that are members of Jehovah’s Witnesses. This was the first time that my mother heard that name. What she did not realise then, is that soon in the near future this religious organization which was established in 1879 by Charles Taze Russell will take over and control the life of her family. It was also the beginning of problems and difficulties that would plague our entire family for the next twenty six years. When dad came from work mum told him about the unexpected visit she had in the mornning but dad hardly took any notice of what she said.

Two weeks passed from that visit and mum forgot all about it. Her due date of labour was getting near and the doctor at the hospital informed her that she will be giving birth to twins.

It was Friday at around six o’clock in the evening and mum was feeding my brother Charles. Dad was at the front garden with one of his friends smoking a cigaret. Approaching our main gate he noticed two gentlemen. As they got nearer he realised that they were both Maltese as he recognized the language that they were talking in.

The coversation started first by asking about the weather then moving to which part of Malta they are coming from and how long they have been in Australia. After this introduction they tactfully turned the topic on what’s happing around the world with particular reference to the Vietnam war. They asked dad if he thinks that one day all these wars could have an end. Both of these strangers were dads age late twenties early thirty. John was the name of the one who was doing the talking. He impressed dad how versed he was with the Bible. In the meantime dad’s friend left. John was showing different marked passages to support what he was stating. He was always saying “look what the Bible says.”

Hardly did dad notice that John was putting into practice the training that he received at the weekly meetings that he attended. One of these meetings consisted of two sessions. The first part is called the Theocratic Ministry School and the other session the Service Meeting. In both these sessions training is given how to be effective when participating in the preaching work. The training consists of words you should start with, what to observe, what to ask, what objections you could be faced from the householder, how to overcome these objections, the importance of your first 10 seconds and much, much more then this. This type of training is similar to what you will have in a sales and marketing course.

During the discussion both John and Andy explained that they are no longer members of the Roman Catholic Church. This was a shock for dad as he was brought up as a Catholic. He could not understand how two smart guys well dressed and able to read renounced there faith in the Catholic Church.

Dad’s interest was increased and he was enjoying what he was hearing. John had just showed him that we are living in the end of times and soon God is going to destroy all the wickedness. John made it a point that every time he quoted a passage from the Bible he always emphasized “see what the God’s word has to say on this.”

As stated in the Osservatore Romano (October 29, 2008): “A lack of biblical literacy can make people, even Catholics, more susceptible to believing the distortions and falsifications in biblical texts published by the Jehovah’s Witnesses (changed) Pour knowledge of the sacred texts favors the spread of garish and awkward manipulations of the Bible.”

In his book “Masters of Deception” F.W. Thomas said: “In this busy age it is difficult for the average person to have a ready answer to the tricky questions and arguments that wily cult propagandists have forged to prove their position.”

Dad was quite impressed with what he heard so far. John then suggested that they should meet next week to discuss further the Bible. Not wishing to offend such a knowledgeable and seemingly pleasant person dad gave his consent.

The name “Jehovah’s Witnesses” was new for my dad and he asked John some questions about this religion. John gave (not correct – sold is the correct word) some literature published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and arranged a date to return again.

• who_R_U_kidding
    who_R_U_kidding

I'll keep watching for the rest of the story, and as White Dove put it, I've never heard it played out that way, usually JW's make not scene, especially

that the Kingdom Hall, and if you had disassociated yourselves, they would have ignored you. It already looks like there's something wrong with this

picture, but I'll be patient and watch the whole film....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    but I'll be patient and watch the whole film....

who_R_U ....

I think you missed one of the key clues presented in the Prologue: " It was Sunday 11th September 1994 (9/11)"

Obviously, there is a link to the events that happened on 9/11 exactly 7 years (biblical significance) later.

So those events in 1994 that we will read about were a type, typical, anti-typical, symbolic or whatever the correct term is for the events that occurred exactly 7 years later to the day. If we substitute a day for a year, we have exactly one week (7 days).

Hopefully you now you understand the significance of the events.

Stay tuned.

Rub a Dub

• ex-Special Pioneer
    ex-Special Pioneer

What is stated are TRUE FACTS that my family and myself have passed through. Nothing is invented. Dates, names and places are mentioned. I was a Special Pioneer an elder. In 1989 I was one of the graduate of the 2nd class of the Ministerial Training School held in UK.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    What is stated are TRUE FACTS that my family and myself have passed through

So as I asked above, were the events a type, typical, anti-typical or symbolic of the events that occurred 7 years later on 9/11 ???

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit