CO's putting the screws on elder bodies, and ministerial servants to auxilliary pioneer this April.

by miseryloveselders 74 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I have such a love/hate, 50/50 relationship with this organization any more, but a letter was read to the elders and ministerial servants that has pushed me to the 30/70 range in favor of hate, if even momentarily. Most of you if not all are aware of the auxilliary pioneering initiative for this upcoming April. It's no secret that I'm not real fond of pioneering as its unscriptural for one thing. Another thing is its not practical because a publisher who might average 10-15 hours a month accomplishes exactly the same thing a pioneer averaging 70 hours a month does. That being......zilch. Matter fact, as another poster mentioned, a reasonable argument can be made that JW mothers having multiple children are more valuable than pioneers when it comes to growth. Pioneers average 70 hours a month bringing absolutely nobody into the organization. JW mothers might bring in anywhere from 1-4 publishers through child birth. So for at least the time that a child, teenager, or young adult is under their parent's roof, they'll count as publishers and will be used by the WT to support its so called figures on the so called growth this organization supposedly has been experiencing. Granted 2/3 of all born-ins leave or apathetically hang around to appease their parents, but that doesn't matter to the WT. So long as there's JW parents making babies, there will be positive increases of publishers, and even bible studies as parents can count that that time and report it when they turn in their field service slip. But, I digress.......

Ynot posted the letter about auxilliary pioneering in April, dang near a month before it was to be read after the WT Study. I love that a lowly sister is privy to insider organizational matters and is aware of things well before 90% of the elders across the nation are brought up to date. One of the things that stood out to me in this letter, and is also a fair representation of this organization, is how the WT speaks out of both sides of its crooked mouth. Sheisty bastards they are. That letter mentions early on 2 Cor 9:7 where it states we should "give from our heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." That letter also mentions both the widow who contributed two small coins of little value into the temple treasury, and also Mary who poured expensive oil on Jesus' head and feet. (Mark 12:41,42; Mark 14:3, John 12:3) The letter goes on to compare the two, but makes a point to emphasize that both were spoken of favorably in the bible regardless of what they contributed because it was from the heart, and they offered their best.

Last week after the meeting, it was announced that the COBOE wishes to meet with the elders and ministerial servants in the library. The fact that he wished to see all of us, let me know somebody wants us to do something, as if we don't do enough. Well, after we were all congregated together and got comfortable, the COBOE read a letter from the current CO. I don't have a copy of this letter, so I'll relate to you the contents of it from what I remember. The letter gave praise to Jehovah and His organization for the special privilege and oppurtunity to auxilliary pioneer in April, and how understanding the leaders of this org are for lowering the hour requirement to 30 hours for the month of April only. The letter then went on to state that everyone throughout the circuit and the organization was excited and looking forward to this special month of activity. Here's where the CO showed his teeth. He states in the letter that the friends would be greatly encouraged if those taking the lead in the congregation were to set a fine example. The letter asked the question, who might that be? The the answer was read, "thats right! You, the elders and ministerial servants!" Here's the best part, subtle yet powerful for those capable of reading between the lines. The letter goes on to state, that several congregations are excited to note that their entire elder body along with all the ministerial servants have decided to auxilliary pioneer in April! In other words, for those elders and ministerial servants who were planning on treating April 2011 as simply another rainy month, they better learn to prioritize and get on the same page.

After that little all male shindig, I was speaking with an older elder whom I respect and love. I've mentioned him before on here, he's a worker on behalf of those that need help, but as with any man, myself included, he's got some flaws, that being he's a brown-nosing company man. He approached me and said, "Misery did you fill out your pioneer application?!?" I replied, "Not yet, but this is really encouraging isn't it?" His reply, "yes it is, it would be nice to see all of our elders and servants take advantage of this oppurtunity." I agreed with him verbally, although in my heart and mind I was saying to myself, "Misery, you spineless coward. Megatron or Starscream would have called you a strutless coward." Oh well, but I wanted to share this with you, and conclude with one last thought from the original letter Ynot posted regarding this initiative for April. That letter mentions Col 3:23, where it states, "Whatever you are doing, work at it whole souled as to Jehovah, and not to men." Its funny to me that the letter mentions that, but then the CO sends out a letter to be read to elders and ministerial servants subtly applying pressure upon them to spearhead something thats not even scriptural. I don't know if this CO sent this letter out of his own doing, or if the branch had him do this. I'm leaning towards the latter possibility. Its just hilarious to me how this organization speaks out of both sides of its mouth. Buncha hypocrites.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's easy to pioneer when you're reporting fake numbers.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Doesn't sound very subtle!! The other week, the COBOE mentioned during the announcements (a MS was doing most of them but he handled this one individually) that they would like everyone to turn in their slip ASAP and mentioned how he's gotten "almost all" of the servant body's slips already.

LOL - I think its great (sorry buddy). Guys that were already reeling from the KMS will find the additional pressure even tougher to deal with.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Here is your chance to resign. State that due to work obligations, you feel that you cannot make the pioneer requirements in April. Tell them you don't want to be the one elder causing the elder body to miss the "perfect attendance" mark set out in the CO letter.

Bastards.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Miseryloveselder, I always enjoy reading your post. Especially as of lately.

I've never gotten the whole 'special pioneer' things that they always love to do, especially around the memorial season. Its always seems like a big waste of time to me. Why April? Is it because of Easter? Its the same as any other time of year: People are not intrested in what the rubadubs, J-Dubs, whatever, have to say. You'd be really surprise; a lot of people already know about what JW's are all about. When they here about the no holiday thing, its a wrap for most people.

And trust me, they want no part.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Turn in the app. Do what you'd normally do and report 29 hours. (missed it by THAT much)

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I wish I could say, "no one saw this coming"-- but the sad part is, most of us did. Nothing like a letter from the CO, announcements from the platform, and peer pressure to compel you to turn in your application! Truly in keeping with 2 Cor 9:7 and "not [give] under compulsion"... oh wait, never mind.

(At least if you do turn in your slip, you'll only spend most of your time simply passing out Memorial invitations!)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"not under compulsion..."

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." ~Inigo Montoya

• Joliette
    Joliette

No one once to do 'service in the field.'

• sabastious
    sabastious

I wonder what wonderful tasks the Great Leaders of Brooklyn will have in store for the Witnesses in May!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit