CO's putting the screws on elder bodies, and ministerial servants to auxilliary pioneer this April.

by miseryloveselders 74 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here are the options:

1--Fill out the application and just do the minimum, dogging all possible opportunities to make it count. That will still waste the time, but with minimal effects.

2--Fill out the application, and turn in fake hours. That way, you will be able to make the hounder-hounder feel good without expending the effort. And you will not have to do more damage.

3--Refuse to fill out the application. Once you are hounded to pio-sneer, you are no longer doing it "out of love for Jehovah". I played that card when they hounded me to pio-sneer, and I told them in so many words that they ruined my chances of ever pio-sneering and having it count.

4--Refuse to fill out the application, and tell them that, if they say one more word to hound you to fill it out, you are going to quit as a hounder.

5--Refuse to fill it out, and threaten to disassociate if they hound you to pio-sneer. The grounds would be that you are now being coerced to give out of compulsion and not love. Prepare to have scriptures to back this up.

6--Refuse to do anything at all.

Whatever you do, never agree and then give pio-sneering your all. That will only waste your time and that of everyone else in the territory. And, if you do go out, plan on lots of coffee breaks.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Virtually every directive from GB2.0 these days has, at its core, the goal of subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) "encouraging" fence-sitters, apostate sympathizers, and faders, etc. to to say their goodbyes and/or not bother coming back.

Keep that in mind, and almost everything they do (that seems hard to understand) will make so much more sense.

• willyloman
    willyloman

The recommended Theocratic Strategy for this dilemma:

1. Sign the application.

2. Look on the calendar and pick a week in April when you will not attend any meetings.

3. Put a note to self on the calendar to call a couple of people that week and tell them you have the flu and won't be there.

4. At month's end, turn in your regular FS report.

5. If anyone asks, you were sicker than a dog for more than a week. No one will really care as the congregation numbers will be up for April - which is their only concern.

Of course, strategies like these are only good for the short term. But it will buy you some time until you are able to walk away.

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

What is COBOE?

I assume that CO is circuit overseer, but COBOE????

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

What is COBOE?

I assume that CO is circuit overseer, but COBOE????

Coordinator of the Body of Elders, formerly known as the Parole Officer, Presiding Overseer(PO).

• Open mind
    Open mind

Our congregation had a show of hands so everyone could see who has already signed up.

No pressure there.

om

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

thanks

I've heard that there are no President Overseers any more, but I didn't know it was just a change of name/title.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho
    Shouldn't the GB and bethel heavies publish their applications to be encouragng to the publishers? Shouldn't every single bethelite sign up since they do noy have homes and families to support and care for? Shouldn't the example come from the top down?

• Good Point-Pontoon

Sw

• ziddina
    ziddina

Nugget:

"Memorial season is easter season chocolate eggs til you feel sick. I'm spearheading the eating chocolate for 30hrs during that month or until you throw up, whichever comes first. ..."

Can't Leave:

"Nugget you lightweight, I am aimimg for the 50 hours of eating choccy eggs and bunnies. ..."

Nugget, Can't Leave, you wussies!! I'm starting out NOW with the Valentine's chocolate - especially the stuff that's going to be on sale tomorrow...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Whoops...

Sorry... Off-topic.

Wonder if this means that I'll actually SEE a Jehovah's Witness in this subdivision - haven't seen one here in around 4 years...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit