Why Women Love Jerks

by compound complex 75 Replies latest jw friends

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

The jerks are the "Jokers" of the world (in Batman Dark Knight terminology). They have no to few rules to abide by. They are "wild" and "wanton." But what do I know? Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm a nice guy.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think woman want to feel alive a bit and have a challenge. A man who is all "I will do anything for you" and too easy, is boring and wont take life to the edge. So basically, they are put in the same catagory as their gay friends. Fun to be with, good for advice, but not sex baby.

• meangirl
    meangirl

I think it is because we as a society do not hold men accountable. We almost expect men to be jerks. It is almost as if men get extra credit for any act of kindness. If men were held accountable for their actions then they would have to change their behavior. Also most people do not stop and think for themselves and just follow what is considered "normal". Normal in our society is the alpha male. It is acceptable for a man to be domineering, rude, loud, aggressive but these same qualities are still not acceptable for a woman. I despise these kinds of men and believe that a "real" man does not need to put on some kind of facade.

• Mary
    Mary
    AGuest said: let's not overlook women and mothers roles in "teaching" their daughters the kind of men to go for, as well. We women can be our gender's worst enemies, at times.

This is very true. Men do not have the monopoly on being jerks---women can and are just as bad. I know women who were horrible mothers to their sons---yelled at them, belittled them and smacked them around alot. Guess what? Their sons grew up and ended up with women who treat them like garbage. Why do these men stick with these kinds of women? I assume it's for the same reason women stay with abusive men---it feels familar to them.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

When did this morph into a thread about mothers and fathers?

There's one problem. Women can't distinguish between men and fathers

Men don't determine a woman's worth based on her ability to be a mother

However, in a woman's eyes, a man is not a good man unless he's a good father

And that's why women use the marital children against men in divorce proceedings. Men/fathers are easy targets because most men/fathers won't defend themselves. Women use guilt like it's a second genital

• gutted
    gutted

I love this thread . This really rings true for me as I've been reading lots on this subject, attracting women etc.

First off, as lots have stated there are differences between a jerk/bad boy/someone with confidence. Does it really matter? Well if you are looking long-term yes, short-term no.

Let me explain. In the short-term, in that initial conversation/interaction and initial attraction ALL women want an "alpha" male. What I mean is that they want someone to go after them, to show them interest, to take the first step. Sure they might not like it if the guy does it "super alpha jerk mode" but the man has to take the lead.

Ok so first step, great, but think about the difference between approaching a woman like a wimp and like a man. Think "uuuh hi there... where are you from..??" looking sheepish with a soft voice versus "Hi! My name is Gutted, I had to meet you" looking confident with a smile and strong tonality.

I think a lot of guys misunderstand this idea, that you can just be this meek guy floating around the girls and then a "movie-magic" moment will happen and there will be instant attraction and love. This is how I used to think, that I would just find that girl that "clicked". Yeah right, that's pretty damn rare, you either 1. stumble your way through an approach or 2. do it confidently.

That is why the "jerks" or "bad boys" succeed in attracting, they do it with confidence. They don't put the women up on a pedestal like nice guys, they tease them, they flirt with them, the invoke emotions in them nice guys are too afraid to do.

Now long-term, I think that's already been covered quite well, but a man can still be a confident man in himself and treat his woman right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit