CLEAN HOMES,YARDS,AND CARS

by Ranchette 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Would love to respond, but we're having Superbowl Sunday here and I'd like my house to give a good witness! LOL!

Lisa

• JT
    JT

this issue was built around the concept of what constituted "SACRED SERVICE"

WELL the fact of the matter and i think ray touches on it in his book is the BROTHERS LOVED IT i know my mom loved it to death

she would say I'm spending some time with my kids this weekend since this is part of my sacred service

in fact so many jw caught on to this that cleaning the house washing the car,etc begin to replace FIELD SERVICE

and sure enough shortly the wt came back and REDEFINED AFTER THEY HAD DEFINED WHAT SACRED SERVICE IS

we are back to the "14min of field service time and you are not a jw again"

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Remember how we were taught that if we kept our homes, yards and cars clean it would bring honor to Jehovah and serve as a witness to our neighbors?

You've obviously never met my JW wife and her JW brats! An act of congress couldn't get them off their lazy asses to clean the house, much less help with yard work or cook a decent meal. But, there is always time to go and suck in more Watchtower shit and decive decent folks into believing they must change.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Now, come on, people. There is a definite reason behind this, which is that dust bunnies are actually small house demons. They sing sexually provocative songs in tiny little voices so that when you sleep in a messy house you receive subliminal messages all night long.

These messages will urge you to buy Smurfs, read Harry Potter, and engage in oral sex.

This is true.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

LOL RDH!

Here is an example of what I'm talking about.

*** w87 11/1 16-17 Are You Remaining Clean in Every Respect? ***
    How can we stand out as different from the world if we settle for the world’s low standards? Would not a dirty home or a slovenly place of worship cause ‘the word of God to be spoken of abusively’? (Titus 2:5) But when we practice good personal hygiene, pick up litter at convention sites, assist in Kingdom Hall maintenance, and keep our homes—even the humblest abode—neat and clean,we bring glory to God

These kinds of statements were meant to cause us to believe the world is dirty and JWs stand out as different and clean bringing glory to God to all those who look on.

This is self-rightious crap! JWs do not have a monopoly on cleanliness as they would have us to believe.

Ranchette

• Latte
    Latte

Ranchete,

Yes you are so right! Just another load for the already tired families to take on.

Vallis said exactly what I was thinking. I have done it myself….nagged my husband to tidy the garden ‘it’s giving a bad witness’ LOL
    I see many JW wives putting themselves, and their families under pressure to ‘keep up appearances’. Sad.

I remember one Public sqwawk. Where the nutty speaker reasoned, that should our home be burgled in the night; how would the burglar find our home? Would it be untidy …..we must do all things to Jah’s glory! never may our home detract from that at any time! (lol lol) He was never asked back for another talk (tee hee)

Latte

• larc
    larc

Ranchette,

I have a plan. I am going to put a couple of junk cars in my front yard, let the grass grow up all around them, up as high as the windows, and tell my neighbors that I am a Jehovah's Witness.

Oh, and tell your mother that she should come over and clean your house every week so as not to bring any reproach on Jehovah.

• tigger23
    tigger23

Ah yes just one of the many pressures to keep up with the Jehovohs - or was that the Joneses?

The perfectly organized home didn't come easy to our family.
    I remember on more than one occasion my dad spotting some witnesses doing the bible bash around the corner and racing inside "quick! There's some brothers just around the corner get the place tidy!" We would then proceed to shove any item that would fit in a room out of side. It would bring reproach on Gods name to have an unsightly home.

Or at least start some tounges flapping.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Marilyn and Mindchild you made my day!

Slipnslidemaster:"The problem with Ireland is that it’s a country full of genius, but with absolutely no talent."
    - Hugh Leonard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit