CLEAN HOMES,YARDS,AND CARS

by Ranchette 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Remember how we were taught that if we kept our homes, yards and cars clean it would bring honor to Jehovah and serve as a witness to our neighbors?

We really thought people would look at our freshly mowed lawn and they would think, "Those people must represent the true God Jehovah?"

Those people never connected God to any of those things!
    What a dilusional world we lived in!

They thought we kept up our property for the same reasons anyone else does these things.
    Thats what people who are responsible citizens in society do.

And what did we think when we saw Worldly peoples homes, yards and cars well taken care of?
    Did we think they represented God?
    NO!
    We thought they were competing with their neighbors or they were materialistic

I went outside the other day and it was just beautiful.
    My neighbor’s yards looked so nice and I was reminded of these things.

Thought I would share them with you.

Ranchette

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Sad fact is the average JW needs the advice.

• Celia
    Celia

I remember reading an article in a WT or Awake! telling the readers to wash their hands before handling food and after using the toilet....
    I wondered why a religious magazine would even mention that...
    This is something we learn in Kindergarten if I remember correctly...

• Room 215
    Room 215

Budda Belly,

I agree. There hasd always seemed to be a dichotomy in the ranks of JWs between the scrupulously clean segment and the slovenly.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I think that they wrote the article about handling toliet paper because da Judge died from ass cancer.

Slipnslidemaster:"The problem with Ireland is that it’s a country full of genius, but with absolutely no talent."
    - Hugh Leonard

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Slipnslide...you done it again buddy...I just can't stop laughing.

I swear I'm going to sue you if you keep this up!

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• Amazing
    Amazing

Good points Ranchette: Recall how the same logic was used to show up for cleaning and caring for the Kingdom Hall? They said it brings honor to Jehovah when people see a nice, celan, well-maintained facility, and it becomes inviting to them to attend a meeting. Yet, they never allowed for how nice the local Mormon, Baptist, Catholic or other Churches honored God. Yes, another good example of WTS double standards.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Still laughing at Slip! I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the reason for the article. They never quite grasped the logistics of disease and medicine - partly due to the love hate relationship they had with doctors.

Ranchette, where I come from, most dubs had neglected gardens. I'm not sure why, but I think they never had any energy left after running on the dub treadmill all weekend! :-(

Marilyn

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Ranchette and Amazing,

I never thought that keeping our yards and KHs clean and tidy made people think well of Jehovah. I did think that not keeping them clean would detract from Jehovah. Keep our clothing, yards and KHs honors Jehovah in the sense that it shows we are "decent" people.

Sad fact is the average JW needs the advice.
    If the WTBS would give the two evenings, and two weekend mornings back to JWs, then JWs would have the time to clean and would not need the advice. The WTBS keeps running Dubs at such a pace, there is no time for cleaning, time for children, etc.

This is something we learn in Kindergarten if I remember correctly...
    In Washington State, I often saw signs in public washrooms saying that 65% of Americans do not wash their hands. This fits with my casual observations of people there. I think the sign made people feel normal and had the opposite effect than was intended.

Richard

• Valis
    Valis

The average JW family doesn't have time to clean house..it goes something like this..

Monday: Study for Tuesday night meeting

Tuesday: Work then come home get ready and go to meeting

Wednesday: Study for Thusday night study at least favorite elder's house.

Thursday: Work then come home get ready and go to bible study at least favorite elder's house.

Friday: Ummm...this is the day of temptation for JWs and should not be mentioned for moral reasons...probably should be tending to home bible study, or do call backs after work.

Saturday: Get up early, go out in service, come home beat...several hours later study for Sunday.

Sunday: Get up early, go to meeting, then service or if you were lucky go to large obnoxious lunch with people you really don't like, then attend some JW "get together" or sporting event, go home and get ready to do it all over again.

Not much time to do chores needless to say.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit