What is difference between Black Congregations and White Congregations

by Pitchess Co-Gen 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Syl, it is sad that that happens. I read this great book, "Other People's Skin." It is comprised of 4 novellas about the lighter/darker issues within our community. It made me cry.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    As far as differences between congregations go, like others said, its subjective. I've seen lively white congregations, and dull black congregations full of old people. There was one white congregation I'll never forget though. I've given talks at that hall. My dad had surgery done a couple months prior to me visiting this hall one time. I knew he desperately wanted to get out of the house. So I called him and invited him to come along with me. He was ecstatic. This hall is in a somewhat well to do community. There's quite a few money makers, and influential professionals in this community. That congregation which was all white, I don't recall one black person in the audience, and it had to have been the deadest hall I've ever come across. All middle aged and elderly white people. The youngest people were in their 30s. When driving my dad back home, he said the hall was like a morgue. The funny thing is, considering the mild drama in his congregation, he said the dead hall would have been a breath of fresh air.

I notice that too when I moved to a my new current congregation ( I haven't been in there in about 6 months ); it's a mostly white congregation ( with one token black elder ) anyway they like there sweet, but very cliquish ( one person shunned my wife before she even got disfellowshipped ) . The two black congregations I went too were either cold and haughty( even thou it's getting a little bit better ) or old and haughty, so it really doesn't matter.

Have y'all notice that the black congregations have more drama than the white congregations?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It made me cry.

I'm crying right now just thinking about it.

We humans really know how to hurt each other.

Syl

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

I love blue black

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It's been my experience that black JW's are, in general, friendlier, more spiritual, less judgmental, and less haughty and pompous than the white folks. I've also noticed much more halitosis with white elders while black brothers seem to have better oral hygiene. It's like Jesus said, it's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you but what comes out of it.

• villabolo
    villabolo

I went to a black congregation once to hear a white elder speak.

They sing better.

They got bored by white boy even though he was a good speaker.

Villabolo

• snowbird
    snowbird

They sing better.

LOL.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

I love all black people.... I used to enjoy going to "black" congregations. When I'd give a talk, you'd here them agreeing, nodding in agreement and animated.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I love all black people...

Uh huh.

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

uh oh...Syl caught you on that one Minimus. White people that try too hard to show that they are not racist say things like "I like ALL black people." Big oops for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit