she passed faithful to the end to them!

by jookbeard 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Freesoul
    Freesoul

Sorry to hear about your mum, it must really hurt.

Make sure that they do not stop you going to her funeral, it is part of the grieving process, don't worry about anybody else's feelings, you need to do this for yourself.

Do you have anyone close to you that can support you when you go?

Take care

Freesoul xx

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh wow!

Heartfelt love to you mate!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    So sorry to read how you lost your mother to the cult and lost her recently in death and were not immediately informed.
  • Gone and forgotten
    Gone and forgotten
    I'm so sorry for your loss JB.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Freesoul, I've just been informed by my BiL (elder) that her wish was that I wasn't to attend her funeral, it boils down to a blog I wrote for Barbara Anderson that found her way into her hands criticising the dreadful treatment I suffered from my father, apparently it broke her heart ! no consideration to the treatment I received from him as a child
  • Freesoul
    Freesoul

Jookbeard

I don't believe the elders would know what your mum's wishes were, as they are only there to protect their religion. If they really cared about your family and your mum's wishes they would not be breaking families up. I don't won't to tell you what to do, but there is nothing wrong with a DF'd person attending a JW funeral.

I am not Df'd but have faded but when my sister in law passed away about a year ago, there were a lot of people that were DF'ed that attended her funeral, they were not sure if they should go but felt better after they did, they did this because they wanted to pay their respect to her has a beautiful human being.

Take care in whatever decision you make xx

• freddo
    freddo

jookbeard - this is easier for me to say than for you to do, but reading your last post this is my take. Bear in mind I do not know your situation and so I am shooting from the hip.

Don't go to her funeral. She didn't want you there. That is abnormal for any close relative to state. She sounds as if she was a most twisted individual. Maybe she did her own twisting or she built upon others twisting of her.I don't know.

It seems that her life was all about her. I've found some (not all) witnesses joined for what they could get. They obviously felt they deserved better than the rest of humanity. They deserved everlasting life; they deserved their parents being resurrected, in short they felt entitled. As the years slip by they get disappointed, depressed, negative, bitter and twisted.

She allied herself either tacitly or openly, I do not know which - with your abusive father - and she hated having been exposed - for her inaction or support of his behaviour - along with him.

If there is anyone who might be puzzled by your not attending that you care about you could send them a note saying that you would have gone to your mother's funeral as any normal loving human being would. But explain that (name the individual) told you that your mother did not want you there. Tell them you have no reason to doubt that individual's word and so have chosen to stay away.

HTH

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    thanks freddo, I believe she was highly likely nudged into denying me going to her funeral by my sister and BiL , I have no desire to go TBH, I will pay my respects a few days later at the crematorium, I asked my BiL if he had read the blog and he denied it saying he doesn't read such poison ( I could tell he was lying), they've made their choices, let it be. He stated that I never showed any interest in her welfare over the years , I stated that i had and she closed the door on me, bear in mind I was in hospital last year for a month and received one single text from her, she and my father had shocking tempers as well .
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Shunning is so far out of the pale of normal human behavior that there really can be no objectively right or wrong way to deal with the situation.

Just listen to your own heart and feelings on the matter and do what you think is best, to the best of your ability.

The family will likely criticise you whatever you decide to do, so I wouldn't really consider their opinions AT ALL on the subject.

Your mother. Your grief. Your choice.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    So sorry for you, and so sad on so many levels. When something like this happens I think it can be the best "witness" ever to the outside world of what this cult is really about. I would let everyone I speak to know how things went down with your family and this cult and let them judge for themselves if this is just a small, harmless religion that doesn't celebrate Christmas or take blood. That is about all most people know about them, not their hateful, shunning policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit