she passed faithful to the end to them!

by jookbeard 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon
    That sucks. An utterly morally bankrupt religion that makes people act in such heartless ways.
  • jhine
    jhine

My condolences .

Jan

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have to agree with all what the previous posters said, and add that this is one sick religion that destroys family relationships.

My condolences

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Jb your post has touched me so very much. I feel for your loss and your children's loss made all the more hard to bear because the loss had gone on for years and comes to a head with your mom's death. She sounded so saddled with JW-inspired burdens and negativity. Incredibly sad and anger-provoking in equal measure - with the added spitefulness of your sister not informing you of your mother's death.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

When someone dies or is very ill, I have been finding that you grieve for what was, or for what never was, or for what things could have been or will never be.... and the JW thing makes it worse because they deny you any form of closure or even honest communication. So those feelings of grief and anger can really bump and stick...

I am very sorry because yes, dammit, this is going to hurt. And the JW things are going to piss you off. And any dealings with those heartless JW robots is going to be... surreal.

I had a counsellor tell me recently that sometimes it helps to just take a moment and breathe. And just really breathe. Take in and out at least three good, long, slow deep breaths .... she says it helps "reset" something in the brain . Simple as it is, I've been finding that it has been one of the most helpful and tangible pieces of advice I have ever been given.

Breathe...

Walk gently. And know that we are here for you.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I'm sorry to hear about this. It sucks having a parent that would exclude you to this extreme. What ever happened to "except for family emergencies" in the shunning game?

I expect to learn of my own mother's passing from one of my periodic internet obituary searches for her name. They are foaming at the mouth in their determination to ostracize me from their lives.

Heart goes out to you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    thanks for the kind comments folks, the only contact I have with them is with 2 non jw aunts who live in Spain and who it seems are under instructions to keep as much info as possible away from me, I know her postal address although I've never been to her house, ( its about 100 miles away) so its likely I could miss the funeral as I dont have any idea whatsoever when it is being held, I still dont know when she died and of what cause, not good.
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Jeez, that's rough, sorry you have to deal with this.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    sorry for your loss mate. so many of us suffer at the behest of this vile cult. i only hope some of the readers of this can get some clarity about whats involved.
  • carla
    carla
    My condolences on the death of your mum and how you heard about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit