I said I would do it and I just did, told my mom I want nothing to do with the org anymore

by Soldier77 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Soldier- It does feel good to liberate yourself of what you have pent-up inside to your mom! you never know how she will react until it happens..but it seems from what you described as past behavior from her...she will still accept you and not "shun" you.

It always seems like a "hard core" dub's first suggestion is to tell the elders everything, she is programmed to think you have to spill your guts all the time...it takes getting a step back from the organization to realize that your life is your own, and "your heart" or I should say "your relationship with God" is no one else's business!

Good luck, keep us posted!

CHG

• mamalove
    mamalove

I am really happy your mom has been empathetic so far. I hope you have more good news.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

Out of five children.. i was the only only who get baptised.. (i was the youngest when she begun to study with the borgs)

In age of 40... with 6 years of inactive before that ... i told here exactly what you told your mom... angry of course.

We still talk to each other, but not with religious things anymore...
    She very fast realise that i have more grip and understanding now about JW... than she ever had, or will get to herself before she dies.
    She backoff unbeliviable fast ?!

Still faded... mom is saad now... but okay i guess..

She have dont send the elders to us... yet, we are still faded within JW...

So ... untill someone push it against us.... the hell for this congreations elders will break out when they realaise that it had been sendt out 40 personlized letters to their jw: CONCLUDING that we no longer want to be accosiated as JW:s anmore because of....

(A long list will follow then..)

We are going ahead with our own lives now..
    You newer know the reaction!? ... is my learn..

Yup! im from sweden, that is why my spelling is like this..

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

There is no government or state law that requires you to write to or speak with the elders. It is totally up to you.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wow...I'm happy that you were able to let your mom how you feel.

• nugget
    nugget

That was a huge step. Telling those closet to us that there is something wrong with the religion we have followed can be the hardest thing. Our parents are usually the ones that brought us in and it is harder for them to accept that they have done us harm with their religious choices.

Reassure your mum of your love for her it will mean a lot to her. However she reacts in the short term she may remember that you chose to be supportive when she was suffering.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done - you are a number of steps closer to freedom.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

I'm really happy you let out your real feelings about the org. I can truly relate to the fact that talking about these things with family can be extremely emotionally draining. It's great that your mum didn't react in a negative way. You're lucky to have such an understanding parent.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Very courageous. I wish that I could have done a long time ago. Right now in my life, I owe no one any explanations about what I do with my life anymore. The guilt trips and love fests don't work. I am a grown woman and I don't owe any group of men any reasons as to why I no longer attend the meetings anymore. Too many of us have given them the too much control of our lives when we don't need to. Like someone said above, they would never catch me in any meetings with any elders. Hell, they need to clean up their own messes in their lives.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Well done. Telling a parent that can be the hardest thing because you know what they are thinking "my son/daughter is going to die at Armageddon."

My revelation to my mom came out of nowhere. I was still a MS and had just stopped officially pioneering. Not an easy thing to be honest about those kinds of things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit