Florida town casts out Satan

by fodeja 13 Replies latest jw friends

• fodeja
    fodeja

So that's Florida for you then.

Inglis Mayor Carolyn Risher said September 11 terror attacks inspired her to compose a proclamation banning Satan from her town.

INGLIS, Florida (CNN) -- If he's thinking of visiting Florida's west coast, Satan might want to steer clear of Inglis.

The mayor of this small fishing village in Florida has declared the Prince of Darkness persona non grata -- in essence, telling him to go to the devil.

"Satan, ruler of darkness, giver of evil, destroyer of what is good and just, is not now, nor ever again will be, a part of this town of Inglis," Mayor Carolyn Risher says in a proclamation, which was issued on official town stationery.

Risher said the events of September 11 inspired her to pursue the proclamation, which the Town Commission supports.

"It gave me the inspiration that these people need to be ready if something like this was to happen to the town of Inglis. We need to be ready to meet our maker," she said Tuesday on CNN's "American Morning."

She said there are people in Inglis who needed to repent.

"If our churches band together and pray, our nation and our town can be a godly nation and a godly town," she said. ...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/01/29/town.satan/index.html
  • Seeker
    Seeker

And then people wonder why I despair of my fellow Americans...

That mayor is an idiot on so many levels it boggles the imagination.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Reporter: Satan, now that you've been cast out of Inglis, Florida, where will you go next!!

Satan (with a jubilant look): I'm going to DISNEY WORLD!!

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• fodeja
    fodeja

Be sure to watch the video, too! And you guys wonder why some people think 'merkins are crazy!

f.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I just crossed Inglis, Florida, off my list of "cool places to visit before I die".

Expatbrit

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

What is scary is that this person is in a position of authority!

• Satanus
    Satanus

No freedom of religion in inglis, florida.

Satan

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I saw the report on CNN Headline News this afternoon, and the people in this town look like individuals who gather in one of those "faith-healer" circus tents.

Can this Mayor use this proclamation in advertising her reelection campaign?

"I successfully cast out an invisible being that no organized religion in man's history has been capable of defeating... all in saving some small town in Hickville USA yada yada yada."

Pathetic.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I have partied with Satan a few times and I can assure you he is good for the economy of a town. The mayor of Inglis needs to rethink this position.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

pheeeww glad I live in the East coast. hmmmm well I know where he went when he left the West coast

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit