I Believe The SixScreens Mystery Bethelite

by Gary1914 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

I don't know. Maybe I'm naive or just plain stupid, but I believe what the mystery Bethelite says. Also, I don't think it's out of the ordinary that Mary was concerned about going to the bathroom in the Kingdom Hall.

Remember, the elder at Bethel who was arrested because he took pictures of people using the bathroom? That was hard to believe but it was absolutely true. There have been homosexual rings at the Bethel Home and pedophilia at the Kingdom Halls. Can we just dismiss out of hand what the mystery Bethelite has to say?

Remember, not all of these men are godly men. This is not the same organization we knew 20 or 30 years ago. This organization is a whole new animal run by neurotics, control freaks and attorneys. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Of course the mystery Bethelite's story is incredible. So that? Does that mean it is unbelievable? Not at all.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It isn't that the things Johnny said about what goes on at Bethel are untrue. Pretty much all of them are either true (and also well-known to most of us OUTside of Bethel), OR they are unverifiable speculation.

What seems FALSE is his personal story. I do NOT believe that HE is a website monitor for the Borg or that he is even IN Bethel.

The stuff he said about Bethel and the goings-on there aren't earth shattering.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Hi MD.

I don't know if he is a website monitor for the Watchtower or not, but I do know that there are website monitors.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There have to be website monitors because they have actually filed complaints and had websites shut down. We already knew that before Johnny made his infamous phone call.

The thing that clinches it for me is that he couldn't name GB members. A Bethelite would know GB members' names. He said some true things. He's just not who he says he is.

He also apparently has lied to Rick Frearon in the meantime by telling him both that he can't leave Bethel because "he knows too much" and because the WT officials threatened to DF his ENTIRE family if he left Bethel. NO WAY that is true.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Mad Sweeny - "He also apparently has lied to Rick Frearon in the meantime by telling him both that he can't leave Bethel because "he knows too much" and because the WT officials threatened to DF his ENTIRE family if he left Bethel. NO WAY that is true."

Why? Nugget recently told me that if they really want to get to someone, they'll get to them.

Not saying that I actually believe "Johnny" is really legit, just that at least that aspect of his claim, while statistically unlikely, isn't completely outside the realm of possibility. Look how flimsy the pretexes were for Ray and Barb...

I could be wrong.

Mad Sweeny - "He's just not who he says he is."

It just occurred to me that maybe some of the more dicey things he said about himself were intended as a red herring (albeit somewhat clumsy), to try and throw any potential WTS hounds off the scent.

I've read a little about cointelpro, and that kind of thing can often be effective.

I could be wrong.

• nugget
    nugget

I felt that I needed to respond to your comment Vidiot. I sincerely feel that if the society wants to hunt you down they will expend all energy to achieve this. However it is not their style to target the whole family unless they fear that they too are dangerous. It is far more effective to try to break familial bonds through DF'ing turning you into an outcast in your own family. Df'ing the whole family is counter productive since you would support one another. The fact that he has stated that he has been threatened in this way does concern me and makes me more likely to be skeptical.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Nugget; okay, that makes sense - the whole divide and conquer thing. BTW, I left a shoutout to Little Cantleave on that thread.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I do believe Mary has bad diarrhea before the meetings. I know of other women who had the same problem, due to the cold hearted, snippy, gossipy, intentional hurtful actions of KH elderettes.

Johnny on the other hand......idk. Some things he should have easily known, other things seem over-the-top even for the WTS.

Think About It

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Think About It - "...other things seem over-the-top even for the WTS."

Oh yeah, I'm with you there. Still, the thing that still niggles in the back of my noggin is the whole alleged underground bunker complex thing; I can't shake the feeling that there's something to it; metatron agrees, and makes a pretty good case as to why: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/204576/1/Is-A-Moderate-Opinion-of-the-Governing-Body-Possible

Obviously, there's no way they'd be able to pull it off in Brooklyn, but upstate at the new HQ? Believe it or not, it's definately doable.

They easily have the neccesary assets to liquidate in order to finance a project like that, they can mix and cast concrete on-site, the location is relatively out of the public eye, and any engineering firm would quite happily sign nondisclosure agreements for the contract (not to mention that the WTS could probably get at least some of that kind of work done in-house).

It wouldn't be overly difficult.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    He also apparently has lied to Rick Frearon in the meantime by telling him both that he can't leave Bethel because "he knows too much" and because the WT officials threatened to DF his ENTIRE family if he left Bethel. NO WAY that is true.

I agree that if Johnny said those things he is probably not legit.

But remember it was Rick, over the top sensational Rick, who said that. We didn't hear Johnny say that.

So for me, the jury is still out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit