Recent JW EXPEDITIONS TO MOUNT ARARAT

by Utopian Reformist 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Shecky2:

OK. For the sake of argument, I accept your evidence and it proves the originals posted on the site were frauds.

Now, how do we prove your photos aren't reverse engineered?

• shecky2
    shecky2

lol!

very funny.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I'm virtually certain I've seen that picture of the ark before, the one that's obviously inserted into the first picture in this thread.

AlanF

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Here is a thread I started on this topic 2 months ago, in which I point out that the photos which show the Ark are labeled "Elab", which evidently is short for the English "elaborated", or its Italian equivalent.

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=16269&site=3

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hi Alan: I knew you would arrive just in time. Mike and I spoke yesterday and he told me you guys talked a few times last week. I think I might see what I can do about getting a "Photo-Drama of Creation" in spanish from him for future use. He still has hundreds of original hand-painted slides and a few more original complete sets.

Anyway, back to the business at hand. I told everyone that I knew these two JW researchers. I e-mailed them and a copy of their response follows (minus the MIME e-mail headers to protect my private e-mail address and name):
    Received: from smtp2.libero.it
    Received: from e4a5j8 (151.29.209.165) by smtp2.libero.it (6.0.032)
    Message-ID: <002e01c1adc2$b1ca9970$a5d11d97@e4a5j8>
    Subject: Re: Saluti dall'America!
    Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 22:27:04 +0100
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="iso-8859-1"
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal

Caro fratello Mario,

E un piacere confermarti che stiamo bene. Siamo sempre contenti di poter salutare fratelli sparsi per il mondo e di constatare come la nostra sia una reale fratellanza senza confini.

Come dici tu, ci sono molti siti che parlano delle nostre ricerche e
    spedizioni relative all'arca di Noe' comunque se vuoi sapere realmente come stanno le cose devi semplicemente consultare il nostro sito ufficiale: http://www.noahsark.it

Molti cosiddetti esperti mettono in dubbio i nostri risultati, ma come potrai leggere direttamente dal sito, ce ne sono molti altri che li confermano; ad esempio l'Universita di Torino o l'Accademia di Yerevan, ecc..

Su alcuni siti potrai leggere affermazioni che tendono a farci apparire come "falsificatori di notizie"; ho gia provveduto a contattare alcuni di essi e mostrare le nostre ragioni e prove. Qualche sito ha rettificato, altri non mi hanno neanche risposto. Ma non ci preoccupiamo di loro.

Siamo consapevoli che se qualcuno vuole veramente sapere come stanno le cose, ce lo chiederanno personalmente. Cosi sentiti libero di formularci qualsiasi domanda e stai certo che otterrai tutte le risposte.

Nel frattempo ti comunico in anteprima che ci sono buone probabilita di ottenere tutti i permessi governativi che ci permetteranno fra non molto di intraprendere una spedizione in loco per cercare di estrarre dai ghiacci quel che rimane dell'arca. Ti terremmo sicuramente informato in merito a qualsiasi novita. Se me lo permetti inserisco il tuo indirizzo nella nostra
    mailing-list.

Possa Geova benedire te e la tua famiglia.
    Tuoi compagni nell'opera di predicazione mondiale del veniente Regno di Dio, fraternamente ti salutiamo.
    Francesco e Angelo.
    Who wants to translate? (unless everyone trusts me)

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

MADApostate:

Thx for posting the link to the original thread. I am sorry I missed that one. Anyway, like I said earlier, I had been e-mailing and talking to these guys a few years back and sending them the Washington Post on a weekly basis. I forgot why they needed it.

But, Angelo claims he has had experts verify his pictures and when he offered proof to several critics, a few accepted the evidence and backed off, while others refused to examine it. So he gave up the battle. I will call them on the weekend and take this to the personal level.

Thx to everyone for participating. I appreciate your thoughts and work.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Alan:

If you need a copy of the original e-mail from Angelo Palego, I will send/forward a copy to you so you can verify their answer against what I posted, as an independent authority. Just let me know.

Anyway, as soon as everyone is ready, I will translate.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Here is "my" translation of the response from Angelo Palego and Francesco Annunziata;

Caro fratello Mario, (Dear Brother)

E un piacere confermarti che stiamo bene.
    (It's a pleasure to confirm we are well)

Siamo sempre contenti di poter salutare fratelli sparsi per il mondo e di constatare come la nostra sia una reale fratellanza senza confini. (We are always happy greeting brothers from around the world and coexisitng in a real brotherhood without borders)

Come dici tu, ci sono molti siti che parlano delle nostre ricerche e
    spedizioni relative all'arca di Noe' comunque se vuoi sapere realmente come stanno le cose devi semplicemente consultare il nostro sito ufficiale: http://www.noahsark.it(Like you said, there are many sites that talk about our research and expeditions concerning Noah's Ark, however, if you really want to know how things "are", simply visit our official site)

Molti cosiddetti esperti mettono in dubbio i nostri risultati, ma come potrai leggere direttamente dal sito, ce ne sono molti altri che li confermano; ad esempio l'Universita di Torino o l'Accademia di Yerevan, ecc.. (Many so-called experts doubt our results, but as you can see from our site there are many others who will confirm them, for example the University of Turin and Academy of Yerevan, etc)

Su alcuni siti potrai leggere affermazioni che tendono a farci apparire come "falsificatori di notizie"; ho gia provveduto a contattare alcuni di essi e mostrare le nostre ragioni e prove. Qualche sito ha rettificato, altri non mi hanno neanche risposto. Ma non ci preoccupiamo di loro. (At many sites, you can read "testimony" that tends to make us appear like we post "fake results"; I already made contact with several to offer my proof and evidence. A few responded and rescinded, while others did not respond at all. But, we don't worry about them.)

Siamo consapevoli che se qualcuno vuole veramente sapere come stanno le cose, ce lo chiederanno personalmente. Cosi sentiti libero di formularci qualsiasi domanda e stai certo che otterrai tutte le risposte. (We realize that if anyone really wants to know the truth, they will contact us directly. Therefore, feel free to pose any questions, and rest assured that you will get your answers.)

Nel frattempo ti comunico in anteprima che ci sono buone probabilita di ottenere tutti i permessi governativi che ci permetteranno fra non molto di intraprendere una spedizione in loco per cercare di estrarre dai ghiacci quel che rimane dell'arca. Ti terremmo sicuramente informato in merito a qualsiasi novita. Se me lo permetti inserisco il tuo indirizzo nella nostra mailing-list. (In the meantime, I will give you advance notice that there's a good chance in getting government permission for another expedition to extract the remains of the Ark from the ice. We will certainly keep you posted on any news. If you don't mind I will add your name to the mailing list.)

Possa Geova benedire te e la tua famiglia.
    Tuoi compagni nell'opera di predicazione mondiale del veniente Regno di Dio, fraternamente ti salutiamo.
    Francesco e Angelo

(May Jehovah blees you and your family. Your fellow workers in the worldwide preaching work of the coming Kingdom of God, with brotherly love, Francesco and Angelo)

• Moxy
    Moxy

this is pretty vague, and im sure readers here will recognize the WT-esque style . i thought the issue was why he has posted doctored photos without clearly labeling them as such. was that not one of your questions, UR? i assume they arent honestly trying to pass these off as genuine.

mox

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Hey MOX:

Like I started off saying, it had been a couple of years since I was regularly e-mailing these guys. But, what I did is re-open the lines of communication specifically for that purpose.

I need to know for sure whether or not they doctored the pictures. I responded with that very same question and will post their answer.

If they deny it, and it can be proven then all I can do is pity them both. If the pictures are real, and they have real proof, well, it doesn't really change much, other than prove an ark was built to survive some type of water disaster. But, it would be nice to know one way or the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit